$4 records this year

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

$4 records this year

just giving you all a heads up that the records have gone up 50c this year, and are now $4! :lol:

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Fair dinkum, I'm 18 and I can remember they were arond a dollar ... ONE dollar ...

Inflation hasn't been that bad that they should be $4 ... and I don't reckon the content justifies the price.

What about a "Record-Lite", with just the team sheets, info on the umpires and a space to fill in the goals/behinds etc.?
I would buy something like that for a dollar or two ...

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Disgusting.

Still cheaper than the A-League one, but that has all the team sheets in it.

My first record cost me 50c, that wouldn't buy you an eye dropper of flat coke these days. :roll:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:Fair dinkum, I'm 18 and I can remember they were arond a dollar ... ONE dollar ...

Inflation hasn't been that bad that they should be $4 ... and I don't reckon the content justifies the price.

What about a "Record-Lite", with just the team sheets, info on the umpires and a space to fill in the goals/behinds etc.?
Know I understand your moderating.

GrumpyOne

$4.00 :shock:

Is that a record?

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Joke, don't think I've ever bought one for myself, waste of money...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
robbie muir
Club Player

I can well remember when i started going to the footy in 1974 and the footy record was 10 cents.

At $4.00 that is an absolute rip off. Save your money and you just about pay for half a seasons membership.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

If you just want the team sheets, get that days herald sun.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

I much preferred the days when we'd cut out the Saturday Herald Sun's 'record' and staple it together.

Would have worked out to be about 16 pages or so, and could easily fold into your pocket. Brilliant - unbiased previews and all the details you needed.

Let's face it, the record is full of flaky puff-pieces of no interest to the discerning footy fan.

If the Sun did it today, they'd put the record out of business - or at least force them to charge a fair price.

I don't think I've ever bought more than one or two records in my whole life.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:$4.00 :shock:

Is that a record?
:lol:

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

Digusting AFL THAT IS JUST DISGUSTING. GTFO DEMETRIOU.

esaint66
SS Life Member

i dont care what they cost i will still buy them.

love to read the articles and t8ick off the players name as they run onto the ground. Not to mention writing the goals and behinds in.

im a major collector of them.

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

I only buy it to do the goal, behinds and total scores - for both teams, which I understand is not that common! :shock:

It at least gets you through the train ride on the way home.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

the afl journalists are s***, the afl record is not worth the money for the paper it is printed on.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
Lenny_Hayes7
Club Player

Not being a smartass but why do people write the goals and behinds in the book?

esaint66
SS Life Member

Lenny_Hayes7 wrote:Not being a smartass but why do people write the goals and behinds in the book?

fair question ive often wondered this and many peoples answers will be different but mine is so i can look back in years and see how every player fared and stuff like that and if one player kicks a bag you can say i was there and you can have proof :D

The Peanut
Club Player

I usually get it for something to read on the train home and for opposition team numbers ... ahem ... and sometimes for our newbies number reminders.

I always intend to do the scores and usually get the first goal details and then completely forget all about it. :lol:

The articles are rarely interesting and just a lot of recycled info.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Oh When the Saints wrote:Fair dinkum, I'm 18 and I can remember they were arond a dollar ... ONE dollar ...

Know I understand your moderating.
Cheap shot, compared to the arrogance you show in some of your posts :roll:

Just because you may have a clue with the club does not give you anymore right on this site :idea:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

saint edward wrote:i dont care what they cost i will still buy them.

love to read the articles and t8ick off the players name as they run onto the ground. Not to mention writing the goals and behinds in.

im a major collector of them.
what about in 2012 when they are $5?
and 2020 when they are $10?
:lol:

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

W O F T A M

Back in the 70's 80's they were about 25c and you had quizzes crosswords find the ball The 1's List, the Magoos list, players names in the 100 letters square - actually well written stories, fixtures and results smaller book easier to handle and more info IMO

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Pwoit wrote:W O F T A M

Back in the 70's 80's they were about 25c and you had quizzes crosswords find the ball The 1's List, the Magoos list, players names in the 100 letters square - actually well written stories, fixtures and results smaller book easier to handle and more info IMO
Yep far better...

I still have a few of the smaller book ones and the content was better IMO

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Raven
Club Player

I like to collect them personally, like a few others in this thread. I like to look back on them over the next few years and read the article on the two competing teams and see how accurate the article was. Ah, memories. There's a fair bit of fluff, yes. But I enjoy it in a weird, sentimental kind of way.

Besides, if we win the flag this year or in years to come, I'd like to say I have every program for every Saints game from a Premiership year!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

I usually recycle ! find the ones the opposition supporters have ' left behind' as I walk through the seats to leave the game.
:)

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

I dont buy em anymore, but I remember the 80's one which were much smaller , and better in size and content that way IMO.

BUT, what I remember most fondly about them is the sound they made as they were slammed against the wooden bench seats at morabbin. This sweet sound accompanied usually some ridiculous umpiring decision, or as happened often then, some very average football on our behalf.

Ahh, the moorabbin members, great days of yore.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

just wondering, but if we made the Grand Final this year, who would buy one? (i think they are $17 this year for the GF)