Thommometer

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Thommometer

I thought I'd start a thread gauging what the forum's thoughts on GT's performance during and after his reign as our Coach?

So the thought of a thermometer to measure his performance - a Thommometer.

I thought it could run on the scale of +100 to -100
+100 meaning you think he was fantastic
-100 meaning he was shiithouse

I think he did a very good job initially and then tailed off before he was sacked. I'm not happy with his performance re us since so I would measure him at about a -20

I would expect that Mischa would measure him as a +100
and Barks at a -100.

Feel free to post your thoughts on this but please don't denigrate any othert poster's opinion.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

its like a ex girlfriend, you always talk bad about them after the breakup,

thats the same as GT and stkilda, it was like a bad breakup i still dont like him. prefer LYON 100% over him!

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

I'm sorry, but can we please build a bridge about this?

Its been a year and a half since he was sacked.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

+20

for me if it stopped at 2004 then it would've been a +80, did the job required at the time. If it takes into account what he has done since leaving -100.
Last edited by ausfatcat on Wed 12 Mar 2008 3:23pm, edited 1 time in total.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

HE'S GONE, MOVE ON

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Lenny_Hayes7
Club Player

The thread title was pretty straight forward.... Don't Read it !

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

During coaching

30+

(No Day flag automatically drops by 50% of the maximum temperature, plus I take another 20 degrees off of him for other factors, such as his media performance and several poor coaching performances)

After coaching

And that's being generous!

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Lenny_Hayes7 wrote:The thread title was pretty straight forward.... Don't Read it !
:lol: :lol: :lol:

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

barks4eva wrote:HE'S GONE, MOVE ON
Only when you do, old son......

8-)

markp
Saintsational Legend

GT is to Saintsational what Princess Diana was to New Idea

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Re: Thommometer

Mr Magic wrote:I thought I'd start a thread gauging what the forum's thoughts on GT's performance during and after his reign as our Coach?

I think he did a very good job initially and then tailed off before he was sacked. I'm not happy with his performance re us since so I would measure him at about a -20

and Barks at a -100.

Feel free to post your thoughts on this but please don't denigrate any othert poster's opinion.
Excellent Idea!!!

Everyone can vote, and his TRUE value from St Kilda supporters can actually be averaged.....This will give a true indication of our views by allowing everyone to have an equal voice in the matter.

...But lets just stick to he performance as coach. It shouldn't be a personality rating on GT...Solely a coaching rating during his years.

Spinners Vote ---> -55

Did a lot for the club in the early years, but did a lot wrong. Got a core group together which was his specialty, He would have made one hell of a football department manager (ie Balme at Geelong)....Didn't have the coaching talent to mix it with the best (ie Williams at PA).....

......MR MAGIC, maybe update the OP to display each posters vote, and have a running average?

esaint66
SS Life Member

think he got us into final for a sustained period in time and we were all content with that until it was gt himself saying that we should be.
he brought back the winning nature to the club after stan alves was sacked (one of the worst descisions made by the club in recent times)

i would rank him about +80 for his kindness, generosity, intelligence and his coaching.

but after what he did i lost aloyt of respect for him so all in all i'll rate him about +10.

alot of you guys are always saying we shopuld respect anyne whos worn the red whit and black and guess what as much as most of you will not want to know grant did. not the greatest player but he still did so we will have to live with that i know i am so lets look foward and put all that support behind roos and the boys this year :D

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Thommometer

Spinner wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:I thought I'd start a thread gauging what the forum's thoughts on GT's performance during and after his reign as our Coach?

and Barks at a -100.

Excellent Idea!!!

Everyone can vote, and his TRUE value from St Kilda supporters can actually be averaged.....This will give a true indication of our views by allowing everyone to have an equal voice in the matter.

...But lets just stick to he performance as coach. It shouldn't be a personality rating on GT...Solely a coaching rating during his years.

Spinners Vote ---> -55

Did a lot for the club in the early years, but did a lot wrong. Got a core group together which was his specialty, He would have made one hell of a football department manager (ie Balme at Geelong)....Didn't have the coaching talent to mix it with the best (ie Williams at PA).....

......MR MAGIC, maybe update the OP to display each posters vote, and have a running average?
Spinner , If I kenw how I would! :)

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Whilst I can't stand the man personally and didn't rate his coaching ability ... on a scale of -100 to +100, I'd have to rate him:

+50

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

I just want to know why there are more threads discussing our previous coach than there are discussing our present one?? :roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:I just want to know why there are more threads discussing our previous coach than there are discussing our present one?? :roll:
Easily fixed - lets make a LYONOMETER thread as well?

esaint66
SS Life Member

saint66au wrote:I just want to know why there are more threads discussing our previous coach than there are discussing our present one?? :roll:

yeh i get you but its not every day that you get a person thats coached and played for a club then later dragging them into the headlines for all the wrong reasons.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

You should start a separate thread for that buddy. Try not to go off topic within this one. :lol: :lol: :lol:

In all seriousness....There seems to be a new thread started on practically everything. Rumor has it that a threads titled IMO...states their happiness for Reiwoldt as coach by using text-type. :lol: :lol: :lol:

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

2 Preliminary Finals, in consecutive years yes that's pretty impressive +75

Grant Thomas post St kilda coach -75 and descending everyday

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:2 Preliminary Finals, in consecutive years yes that's pretty impressive +75

I don't understand why we would even bother to rate his post-coach performance....It has no meaning or effect what so ever on the St Kilda football club.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:2 Preliminary Finals, in consecutive years yes that's pretty impressive +75

I don't understand why we would even bother to rate his post-coach performance....It has no meaning or effect what so ever on the St Kilda football club.
Other than to 'fire up' Harves, his team-mates and coaches.
Maybe we should thank Thommo?

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

Spinner wrote:

Yeah i no that's why i gave him +75 as our coach that's my rating, my -75 rating is on his character ala i'm going to take the club to court and get as much money as i can so my assesment thommo good coach crap bloke
Last edited by LENNY LEADS THE WAY on Wed 12 Mar 2008 4:49pm, edited 1 time in total.

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
Spinner wrote:

Yep, there should definitely be a Thommo appreciation thread started immediately.

:lol: :lol:

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
Spinner wrote:

Yep, there should definitely be a Thommo appreciation thread started immediately.

I'll leave that one to you Spinner - I think I've stretched the Mods' patience already today. :)

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
Spinner wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
Spinner wrote:

I'll leave that one to you Spinner - I think I've stretched the Mods' patience already today. :)

lol...Yeh, I probably won't bother...No point starting a thread in which will only receive very few comments outlining positives initiated by the Thomas regime. 8-)