My all round curse on the West Coast Eagles

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

My all round curse on the West Coast Eagles

A vile, foul and most evil pox upon the West Coast Eagles and all those who support them.
May their club rooms and training facilities burn to the ground and their insurance payments have been overlooked.
May their coach be rendered suddenly speechless an hour before the start of Round 1 and remain so until the end of the season.
May their key players suffer bizarre season-ending injuries whilst gardening, shopping and smiling for pictures with fans.
May they lose numerous games at Subiaco, by one point, after the siren, due to dubious umpiring decisions.
May Daniel Kerr be caught red-handed for a serious offence and be suspended for 16 weeks. May he appeal and have his sentence increased.
May their social club facilities be the source of a mysterious and repugnant virus that requires it to be closed down.
May their investments go belly up and their source of funds from grass roots WA football dry up due to their atrocious reputation.
May their smug, self-assured, scarf-wearing, car flag waving, WCE rug carrying members be refused entry to Subiaco en masse due to a major technical fault at the gate.
May Phatpryck Smith and Caro dance on their loathsome, rancorous grave.
May they finish stone motherless last with zero wins and 13 fit players to choose from.
May they be torn apart by internal strife, bankrupt and exposed as drug dealers.
May a malevolent, corrupt, heinous, depraved stink be upon and around them, their supporters and their facilities for the entire year.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

That is the second best curse I ever heard !! :shock:

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

not nice....................,never heard of karma......????? :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Even as a joke, I'm sick to death of anti-WCE sentiment.

Get over it, move on...2008 is here and I want a premiership.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:not nice....................,never heard of karma......????? :roll: :roll: :roll:
West Coast deserve any misery they get. Degree of sympathy for them
= zero. Worse than the Filth, Carlscum and the Bummers combined.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Even as a joke, I'm sick to death of anti-WCE sentiment.

well, noting your earlier comments about getting on to the west coast...i have to ask...

you want a premiership?????....for us or the weagles????

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

You don't have to read it Everton. Try moving on when you live in a city where Ashley Hanson brushing his teeth is a gala event. It's in your face everywhere you go.
And yes, it was intended as bit of a joke.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:

You don't have to read it Everton. Try moving on when you live in a city where Ashley Hanson brushing his teeth is a gala event. It's in your face everywhere you go.
True, I don't, and yes, I'm sure it's bloody difficult having it rubbed in your face.

Solution: move to Melbourne, where everyone is talking about us and only us 8-)

Stinger, if WCE or the Western Bulldogs ($41!!!) win the premiership, we'll be hiring out an entire lawn - instead of a measly 3x3 - for the Derby Day Mod Marquee, of which you, the apparent love-child of the all moderators, will no doubt be invited.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
st.byron wrote:

True, I don't, and yes, I'm sure it's bloody difficult having it rubbed in your face.

Stinger, if WCE or the Western Bulldogs ($41!!!) win the premiership, we'll be hiring out an entire lawn - instead of a measly 3x3 - for the Derby Day Mod Marquee, of which you, the apparent love-child of the all moderators, will no doubt be invited.

lookforward to it...dad..... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

Lynch Beast
Club Player

What could West Coast possibly have done to give you the s***s so much ?

3 premierships ?

finals in 17 of 21 seasons ?

a 5 year long waiting list to become a seated member ?

5+ million dollar profits for the past 5 years ?

having a 4-1 record over the saints in the past 5 games, 2 of those wins in Melbourne.

love to know what it is and maybe I can help you through it :)

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Lynch Beast wrote:finals in 17 of 21 seasons ?
You've got three flags, which is very good, but 17/21 is just unbelievable.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

not so much the team we hate lynch beast more the way the local media treat peter sumich having a haircut as the lead story on the news or a 10min story on how chad fletcher has a sniffle then to go to a 3 second grab of "some player for one of the adleaide clubs has done his knee for the season but how bout chads sniffles ??"

or maybe its the today tonight exclusive must watch "who would win the eagles of 1992 or the boys of 2006 - our expert analisis and state of the art technology tell the story !! "

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Lynch Beast wrote:What could West Coast possibly have done to give you the s***s so much ?

3 premierships ?

having a 4-1 record over the saints in the past 5 games, 2 of those wins in Melbourne.

Don't have a problem with a successful club.

It's having to read about or hear about the bloody WCE every time you turn the TV on or read a paper (calling the West a paper is generous. One eyed crappy tabloid rag is better).
It's the ABC and all the commercial channels interviewing Worsfold or Connolly( Harvey) every second night.
It's the only time you hear about any teams West of Kalgoorlie are when Perth teams are playing them.
It's the gratuitous photos of Chad Fletcher walking his dog, or Quinten Lynch shopping.
It's constantly meeting people whop assume you barrack for West Coast or the Shockers.
It's a grass roots comp that I've followed since a kid being hi-jacked by teams with a huge advantage because they're in a one or two team town.
It's that WA is such an inward looking, one-eyed bloody fishbowl but if you ask the average West Australian they're convinced they've got a balanced view.
It's smug smart-arses like you crapping on about a proud history when your club has been around for five minutes. If you're older than 30 you probably barracked for a Melbourne team originally.

If you can address any of those on a large scale, then be my bloody guest, if not, a pox on your blue and yellow scum and may you have a miserable bloody season.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

[quote="evertonfc"]

Excellent idea. How about you write a letter to Mrs. Byron, advising her of the need for an interstate move.

Winmarvellous
Club Player

Would move to Melbourne in a heartbeat if you could address the issues of weather, so-called fashion gurus (I call them self-righteous snobs: act like Collingwood supporters when things don't go their way, join the cafe set etc.) and price of living. At least in Perth I only have to deal with one set of clowns, not many.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:not so much the team we hate lynch beast more the way the local media treat peter sumich having a haircut as the lead story on the news or a 10min story on how chad fletcher has a sniffle then to go to a 3 second grab of "some player for one of the adleaide clubs has done his knee for the season but how bout chads sniffles ??"

or maybe its the today tonight exclusive must watch "who would win the eagles of 1992 or the boys of 2006 - our expert analisis and state of the art technology tell the story !! "
beautifullly put Trav. They're so far up themselves they wouldn't know if a steam train was comin at ém.' Goddard - knee - season. Biglands - knee -season etc. barely rate a throw away line. But Chad's sniffle, or Rowan Jones having a haircut, oooh my word there's something we need to know about.
Or John Dorotich on ABC radio referring to West Coast as 'us''. The list goes on and on.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Winmarvellous wrote:Would move to Melbourne in a heartbeat if you could address the issues of weather, so-called fashion gurus (I call them self-righteous snobs: act like Collingwood supporters when things don't go their way, join the cafe set etc.) and price of living. At least in Perth I only have to deal with one set of clowns, not many.

yeh the weather is somewhat of a drawback. That's basically the reason we left. Mrs. Byron couldn't take the Melbourne weather for another winter. And yes only one set of clowns (the Dockers fans aren't even clowns), but OMG what clowns!!!! The most appallingly one eyed, chip on their shoulder bunch of nuff nuffs I've ever come across. Raise any topic that could be construed as criticism of the bloody Weagles, their eyes glaze over and they chant, "I am not programmed to process this data."

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Winmarvellous wrote:Would move to Melbourne in a heartbeat if you could address the issues of weather, so-called fashion gurus (I call them self-righteous snobs:
who gives a flying flower what other pple think about what clothes you wear ffs...... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Lynch Beast wrote:What could West Coast possibly have done to give you the s***s so much ?

3 premierships ?

Maybe its being the Lindsey Lohan of the AFL.

Just because you are successful dosen't mean you aren't skanky. LiLo proves it and so do WCE.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

riccardo wrote: Maybe its being the Lindsey Lohan of the AFL.

Just because you are successful dosen't mean you aren't skanky. LiLo proves it and so do WCE.
nice Ric :wink:

loris
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
riccardo wrote: Maybe its being the Lindsey Lohan of the AFL.

nice Ric :wink:

First....who is or what is Lindsey Lohan?

Secondly...... I feel your pain st.byron....I've been suffering it since 1996. when I moved from Melb to Perth.

I've travelled O/S extensively and have often had to confront culture shock. That's been a soda as far as I'm concerned and I thought I was immune from dealing with diversity in many forms.

But hell and b' jesus I moved to the west coast of this wide brown land, the 'footy shock' one is exposed to in this State has to be lived through to be believed. It's relentless. It grinds you down. Everywhere you go it is bow down, geneflect to anything of West Coast Eagles branding, it permeates everything.

Gawd at the moment, they (Eagels Board & supporters) are even standing behind the highest paid public servant in Australia. who is a disgrace.... Dr Neville Fong. The ACCC is implying Dr Fong is a bit of a dubious person (in relation to telling the truth in his dealings with that scoundrel Brian Burke). Amongst other things WA footy, Dr Fong is the Eagles Chaplain. Now the dear doctor is tainted with all things smelly with Brian Burke (ex-crim and ex-premier of the State). The Govt at last has seen the light and cut dear Dr Fong adrift from his over paid job for the boys....not so the Eagles. "He has given so much MORAL support to our players over the years when they needed it, he has the board's support" so the mantra goes.

Well, I never... :roll: :roll: :roll: so our dear little baptist minister has really helped the moral guidance of late of such Eagles as Cousins, Fletcher, Gardiner, Embley, Kerr, Read, Edwards, Braun to name a few and also their latest first choice draft pick. Ooophs, and Fong was there to marry and bury Mainwaring....what happened to the support during the in-between years me wonders...makes one want to sniff :cry:

It is said that when 'one' lives in the tropics for too long 'one' eventually goes troppo.
Well I ponder on what happens to ex- Eastern Staters (footy followers ) when they have been in this West Coast Eagle State for too long? Believe me I think it's worse than troppo. One even begins to fleetingly empathise with the Freo Dockers :shock: :shock: until 'one' can get back into some mental equilibrium.

I'm sure some posters can come up with a word that best describes the malaise we poor Western Sainters are going through?

st.byron and all of us Saint supporters in this state need TLC and plenty of understanding when we go off in what some posters may think are irrational outbursts. Believe me Sainter folks its only pre-season and it's already unbearable over here:cry: :cry: :cry:

Please Saints deliver us some glory this year, to shut those eagles up.

I'm sure miracles can happen, after all the good Lord above (or who ever) delivered us some rain today....wow we haven't seen rain in Perth since 17 December 2007...it was so so delightful :D :D :D

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote: First....who is or what is Lindsey Lohan?

Secondly...... I feel your pain st.byron....I've been suffering it since 1996. when I moved from Melb to Perth.

Good on you Loris. Lindsay Lohan is, I believe, only slightly higher up the respectability scale than Britney Spears.
I'm not exaggerating am I? WA really is that bad, especially when you've grown up in a 12 / 11 / 10 team town.
What's worse is that they have no idea what they're like. Stock standard response to any suggestion that they're hopelessly brainwashed is, "it's the same in Victoria."
No it isn't. Not at all.
As for Neil Fong, well it's just more of the same arrogant, we are supreme myopia that we have to live with.
I had a lengthy argument with a WCE fan at work last year about the inequity of WCE playing every home game in front of an exclusively supportive stadium (with the exception of a few hundred opposition fans).
She'd never been to the footy in Melbourne so couldn't grasp the idea that people who supported the opposition might be just as vocal or that people who don't support either team and just like going to the footy might make up a fair chunk of the crowd. She was convinced that WCE should have more games at home to even up the "unfair imbalance" of them having to travel 9 times a year. Where do you go with that?

hilairehinshelwood
Club Player

She was convinced that WCE should have more games at home to even up the "unfair imbalance" of them having to travel 9 times a year. Where do you go with that?

Surely they travel 10 times in a home and away season. If you want people to agree with your hatred of WCE, don't be liberal with the truth. Anyway if you live in Fremantle and like AFL follow the Dockers ( i apologize if you are able to fly over to Melbourne and turn up for the saint's games when it is not too cold)

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

hilairehinshelwood wrote:She was convinced that WCE should have more games at home to even up the "unfair imbalance" of them having to travel 9 times a year. Where do you go with that?

Surely they travel 10 times in a home and away season. If you want people to agree with your hatred of WCE, don't be liberal with the truth. Anyway if you live in Fremantle and like AFL follow the Dockers ( i apologize if you are able to fly over to Melbourne and turn up for the saint's games when it is not too cold)
Would have to check the fixture, but if they have 11 home games plus one derby which is a Fremantle home game, then yes you're right. 10 times they will travel. A slight exaggeration, but hardly liberal with the truth.
As for your suggestion that I follow the Dockers, where did you grow up? Or have you grown up? If you grew up in Melbourne and are a long time footy fan, you would know that switching teams is not on. Do you really think that I'm going to change my allegiance to the Saints after 40+ years. That would be a no. Why don't you follow the bummers or the Doggies, they're just down the road from you?
I don't care if people agree with my anti-WCE sentiment or not. If it makes me feel better by putting it into words, I will. A bit tragic perhaps, but nevertheless it amuses me. I may be bitter and twisted about WCE, but I see that you live in Kensington, one of my old stamping grounds, and judging by your comments, have absolutely zero idea of what the WA media and fans are like.

loris
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
but I see that you live in Kensington, one of my old stamping grounds
Gee st.byron if it was your old stamping ground 40 years ago....was a rather smelly stamping ground in those day's wasn't it?
When the warm west winds used to blow through that market and abbotior areas it was such a putrid stench. I wonder if the young upwardly mobile who now live in "upmarket Kensington", realise their villas and apartments are built on the smelliest part of Melbourne of days gone by. :shock: :shock:

I hope the land fill doesn't subside over the years or they will be in deep sh!t. Then again if interest rates continue to rise they possibly will end up there anyway eh :wink: :wink: