Cousins spied on Gold Coast

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sxc_Sainter
Club Player

Cousins spied on Gold Coast

i checked briefly but couldnt see a thread on this..

He was at Marina Mirage for drinks then went to his apartments Newport Towers in Main beach.

The Australian baller has been videotaped by TV show A Current Affair partying it up this past weekend in the Gold Coast.

He was taped doing what appeared to be drugs!

This comes one week after he apologized, was banned from the AFL for 12 months and said “I am a lot further down the road to recovery than has been portrayed in the media.â€

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Have journalistic standards dropped this low?

Two words: BEAT UP.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
GrumpyOne

Lost cause is Ben.

However, I think the most frightening thing on this clip is Jeff Kennett obviously participating in Movember!

He looks so much like Adolf Hitler that my blood ran cold. :shock:

Explains the running of Victoria pre-Bracks. 8-)

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Do people STILL wish he was a Saint? :roll:

Saint Mik
Club Player

Lets put a camera on every high profile player in the off season big brother style and see if we can get something on all of them.

Geez the AFL can then wash there hands of all the great players that have done the wrong thing during the off season we can call it "catch em if you can" or even "2 strikes and your IN".

Good to see the media has given the bloke some space.

In trouble for what? He has nobody to answer to now unfortunatley so who knows what will happen.

Only thing that is a mess is the AFL's policy and the actions they have taken.

The vision on this link is as valid as the AFL's vision to drugs in sport and the three strike policy

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
Saints94
SS Life Member

What doesn't he get if he doesn't change his ways he A.F.L carrer is done and dusted he needs to pull his head in or a simple kick up the ass!

The Peanut
Club Player

SENsaintsational wrote:Have journalistic standards dropped this low?

The Chasers will have some fun showing 'again' how pathetic that bottom grade 'A Current Affair' show is by wasting their time with a team following him around for a week, booking the aparttment out over the road and filming him and/or the curtain movements 24/7. He may not have been snorting coke but even if he was - he is an addict isn't he?

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

because he's clean now right? :roll:

no doubt some would lure him to st kilda usiing a breadcrumb line of cocaine across the nullabor :roll:

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

The Peanut wrote:

The Chasers will have some fun showing 'again' how pathetic that bottom grade 'A Current Affair' show is by wasting their time with a team following him around for a week, booking the aparttment out over the road and filming him and/or the curtain movements 24/7. He may not have been snorting coke but even if he was - he is an addict isn't he?
He may have just bent down to pick up 10c off the ground also. What did the video actually show? I certainly didn't see any drugs, drug activity or and drug taking.

Hang him now, he was at a party.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
wildgoose
Club Player

Such is Life.

And hack pup is out again, bowled without troubling the scorers.
midas_touch
Club Player

Definitely doesn't look good, but you cannot make concrete conclusions when all you have got is some dodgy footage. ACA once again live up to the 'gutter journalist' tag they have forged for themselves.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
yipper
SS Life Member

midas_touch wrote:Definitely doesn't look good, but you cannot make concrete conclusions when all you have got is some dodgy footage. ACA once again live up to the 'gutter journalist' tag they have forged for themselves.
Agreed. Just absolute trashy journalism.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Ben has been partying it up with the Schoolies (bit old for that), has been in the media up here quite a bit this week. Funny, but they are called "Toolies" here. Apt name!! :roll:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

No better place to keep a low profile and stay out of the limelight than Surfers during Schoolies week...whats the problem?? ;-)

Is anyone surprised that ACA tracked him down ??(big Hi to whoever tipped them off he was up there!!)

Interesting that no other media outlet bar ACA (and associated Nine offshoots like NineMSN) have ran with this story. Rare burst of common sense by the tabloid media

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Cousin's in trouble...AGAIN

Sxc_Sainter wrote:He was taped doing what appeared to be drugs!
I know someone who was actually there, and here is how the conversation went.

Guy sitting down: "oi mate, check out this f*****' chicken parma they gave me, it's not even cooked"

Ben Cousins bends over.

Cousins: "Yeah, f****** bastards, it's still pink in the middle!!"

The last line may or may not have "... just like your missus" on the end of it, depending on rating.

At present, I honestly couldn't care less what Cousins does, drug related or otherwise - as he's no longer an AFL player. I'm more concerned about our politicians being afflicted by substance abuse issues.

hAyES
Club Player

That's disgraceful, but what do you expect from ACA. Craig Hutchison should be working for this low-life program. So he bends over and we all assume he's sniffing coke?

Personally I don't care if he wants to go to surfers at a time like this with the females that would be there now. Can ya blame him? ;)

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

*yawn*

guys a f@rkwit - who cares?

I dont care what he does in his personal life , I dont care that he tatoos the escape route to Longbay on his torso....BUT NOBODY refuses to shake Robert Harveys hand and gets away with it.... :twisted:

“Yeah….nah””
Leo.J
SS Life Member

Tommy Tshirt is a tea-totaler he would not have a clue what young people get up to today, he would be shocked as he's probably would have never seen this sort of stuff b4 little lone ever been pissed (not that there is a problem with that). He'd be shocked at what most AFL footballers getup to in their spare time IMO.

As for the other DJ knob why is it a problem that Cousins is drinking when he's admitted to being a drug addict? Whats the relevance in that? Drinking is legal isn't it?

As far as legal matters go, wouldn't being followed and filmed for week be classified as stalking?

Btw correct me if I'm wrong but they appear to be clutching at straws if they are suggesting that the footage they have is of him taking drugs.

After watching that I feel dirty, not because of Bennies activities, but because of that pathetic piece of gutter journalism. Then again to even suggest that that sh!t is journalism is rich.

jill
Club Player

Didn't see footage, so can't comment - but what on earth was Ben thinking of/doing, heading up there at this time of the year :?: :?: :!: :!: Surely after all that's gone on you'd think he'd go low-profile & avoid places like this.

CeilidhSaint
Club Player

He is a fool that man, make no mistake.
Seriously, he should get some good advice and be smart about it, whatever he was up to, and no, it didn't look good no matter which way you slice it.
Having said that, what he does with "his life" has very little interest, except in a scientifc way.
Losing the smug grin would be nice too.

TB 1 - The Brightest Light on the Darkest Night - we miss you.
Think Globally, Act Sainterly
I have Phil Narkle's helmet
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:As for the other DJ knob why is it a problem that Cousins is drinking when he's admitted to being a drug addict? Whats the relevance in that? Drinking is legal isn't it?
Not the smartest things to be doing, makes you more likely to consume the very drug you're trying to rehabilitate from. It's also a bad form of substitution.

My issue here is that the media are making their own value judgements when it comes to Cousins. He is doing nothing illegal, and it shouldn't be jumped on by desperate reporters with deadlines and quotas to fill, not to mention starry eyes looking for 'that big story'. News flash for you kids, you won't find it with Cousins.

Brian Collis
Club Player

The Peanut wrote:

Why doesn't he just drink the stuff like the rest of us :shock:

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

>>> Cousins board.

GrumpyOne

aussierules0k wrote:>>> Cousins board.

Cousins......... Bored.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Brian Collis wrote:Why doesn't he just drink the stuff like the rest of us :shock:
Now the journo's will be looking for floating baggies in his empty bottles of water.