has watching the saints ever made you cry??

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sainter#4
Club Player

has watching the saints ever made you cry??

has anyone ever watched a game were the saints have made you cryy or get really pi$$ed off

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: has watching the saints ever made you cry??

sainter#4 wrote:has anyone ever watched a game were the saints have made you cryy or get really pi$$ed off

97 GF and 71 GF.

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

97 GF and 2004 PF...2005 PF just got me to a state of anger that I never want to re-visit....

The Saints are coming!
|Andy|
Club Player

robert harvey's 350th game. almost made me cry.

midas_touch
Club Player

- 97 GF - cried for two hours after the game, well i was only 8 at the time lol :P.
- Game against hawthorn where we lost after being 70 in front in the second term.
- 04/05 PF losses - no tears this time, but a very hollow feeling after both games.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
HarveysDeciple

The 'Maxy' game in 2000.

and the last game of Loewe.

To add to the above list.

ifonlybarkswashere
Club Player

Tears when Nicky lifted his jumper, when Danny Frawley was carried off, when Max cried. Tears of joy when we tore through the Lions in the last game a few years back... I'd made my annual pilgrimage with my son and it was the perfect home match experience.

Think I shed a well tanked tear when Plugger went.

...bugger me age and me cranky ways
I'll send my bones to the contest again
Gilbert The Great
Club Player

97 GF and a game against the cats a few years back.
Lost by well over 100 points down at the cattery.
Can't remember what year it was.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

The game when fevola played on Gehrig brought a tear to my eye ! :lol:

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Ah yes, of course... Stewie and Burkie's last games as well brought out a a few tears.. particularly Stewie's - so many people I'd never seen cry were just helplessly crying... what an icon (and I'm playing with him at Old Haileybury now :lol: )

The Saints are coming!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Actually the closest Ive felt to shedding a tear was BEFORE the 97 GF..when I watched the team ran out onto the ground and when they linked arms for the National Anthem I had a lump in my throat the size of a tennis ball I was so proud. Saw enough tears shed after the game though.

I'm saving mine up for when we finally win the Cup...if you are gonna cry at a footy game might as well be tears of happiness I reckon :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

2004 pf when harvey was shown in contrast with cornes made me weep like a baby...apart from that never, 97 i was a little too young to fully understand just how bad losing a gf was.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
Dal'sGal26
Club Player

Harvey's 350th game this year - tears of joy of course!
The hawks game at waverely park in 99 when we were up by 63 and lost by 17 i think it was - that was also my first a.f.l game!
05 prelim - thought we had it at 3/4 time!

i <3 the red, white and black

Sainter for LIFE!
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 11:09am, edited 1 time in total.

Sam23
SS Life Member

'05 PF.

Goddard.
claystreet
Club Player

they have made me kick the shiitter out of things more than cry

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

2005 Prelim Final - never felt so sure of being in the grand final only to lose in the last quarter

During Stewie's lap of honour after his last game against Melbourne i think it was

Will cry for a long time after Harvs retires, cant imagine not seeing him play

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:2005 Prelim Final - never felt so sure of being in the grand final only to lose in the last quarter

During Stewie's lap of honour after his last game against Melbourne i think it was

Will cry for a long time after Harvs retires, cant imagine not seeing him play
I wouldn't be surpsied if I went through an emo phase after Harvey retired, at the very least I wouldn't leave the house for 3 weeks...
Unless ofcourse he goes out with a premiership medal around his neck...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
super dooper
Club Player

Cried at Loewe's last game, my childhood hero, his signed pic for my 9th bday still hangs proudly in my room!!

Gee i can think of thousands of times ive been really pissed off.
Lets go for some recent ones:
The draw agaisnt this doggies this year, could have punched a whole in a brick wall after that.
WCE game in rd 21 when we were awsome for 1 qrt and then forgot how to play and effectively ended our season.

ben_fff
Club Player

super dooper wrote:Cried at Loewe's last game, my childhood hero, his signed pic for my 9th bday still hangs proudly in my room!!

The draw agaisnt this doggies this year, could have punched a whole in a brick wall after that.
WCE game in rd 21 when we were awsome for 1 qrt and then forgot how to play and effectively ended our season.
The one at the dome in 06 was worse, I can remember in the 3rd when we were dominating but couldn't kick a goal to go in front instead kicking 3 behinds to pull with in 1 or 2 points... in what seemed to be the last minute of that quater Kerr and Embley kicked goals... we all know what happened in the last.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

ben_fff wrote:
super dooper wrote:Cried at Loewe's last game, my childhood hero, his signed pic for my 9th bday still hangs proudly in my room!!

The one at the dome in 06 was worse, I can remember in the 3rd when we were dominating but couldn't kick a goal to go in front instead kicking 3 behinds to pull with in 1 or 2 points... in what seemed to be the last minute of that quater Kerr and Embley kicked goals... we all know what happened in the last.
I'm sure Gooesy remembers that game quite well...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

ben_fff wrote:

matty broke his leg...

ben_fff
Club Player

and got obliterated, we ended up losing by over 40 points I'm pretty sure.

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

Third round of 1985, our third 100 point thrashing in a row. Couldn't see any blue sky, just sat in the stand and wept. :cry:

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Selhurst Saint wrote:Third round of 1985, our third 100 point thrashing in a row. Couldn't see any blue sky, just sat in the stand and wept. :cry:
Do you mean 1985.