SEN trade rumour Gilbert Milne

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BelfastSaint
Club Player

SEN trade rumour Gilbert Milne

Did anyone hear the caller on SEN who stated that Gilbert and Milne were going to Brisbane in return for Adcock and pick 5 .....
I understand its only a rumour and much as I would like Milne and Gilbert to stay at the Saints the proposal IMO seems reasonably fair if a trade was inevitable for one reason or another......

redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

Re: SEN trade rumour Gilbert Milne

BelfastSaint wrote:Did anyone hear the caller on SEN who stated that Gilbert and Milne were going to Brisbane in return for Adcock and pick 5 .....
I understand its only a rumour and much as I would like Milne and Gilbert to stay at the Saints the proposal IMO seems reasonably fair if a trade was inevitable for one reason or another......
Heard it and it sounds touch suspect. They can have Milne for Adcock no worries but Gilbo has to stay!

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

ROFFEL!

Read the Off Season Trade Game thread...

It was a made up news article written by SaintBot :lol: :lol: :lol:

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Haven't you heard?

[quote]Lions Have Huge Trade Day As Brown Rumour Spreads
By Craigy Hutchertan

Not exclusive to saints.com.au

Ten new players have joined and five have left the Brisbane Lions in what was an amazing day of trading for the club. Sam Gilbert, Stephen Milne (both formerly St Kilda), Nathan Bassett (Adelaide), Brad Green, James McDonald (both Melbourne), Ryan O’Keefe, Craig Bolton (both Sydney), Matt Carr and Byron Schammer (both Fremantle) have all been signed by the Lions.

The first deal came was finalised at 4:45pm and was between Brisbane and St Kilda. Popular young utility Sam Gilbert, flashy goalsneek Stephen Milne and St Kilda’s first draft selection pick 9 were traded to the Lions. In return Jed Adcock and Brisbane’s first draft selection pick 5 were traded to St Kilda. For Gilbert and Adcock it was a case of welcome home and for Milne, a change of scenery which he hopes can reboot his career. “I like believe my form has been like down for like a number of years now, you know, so hopefully the, you know, move up like North will, you know, give me more like opportunities. I’ve like loved my time at the Saints , you know, but I am like really like looking forwards to like finishing up my career in Brisbane, you know.â€
Last edited by evertonfc on Wed 03 Oct 2007 1:09pm, edited 4 times in total.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

I do not want to lose Gilbert. End.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
Davo027
Club Player

You've gotta laugh dont ya. :lol:

For more info www.saints.com.au

The above views are those of the author and not necessarily those of the clubs or the AFL.
BelfastSaint
Club Player

Well done Saintbot ....the caller (not you i suppose) mentioned all 10 trades .......

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Davo027 wrote:You've gotta laugh dont ya. :lol:
As long as you are laughing Davo we are all laughing with you :D

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

The only thing this is doing is getting lots of lions.com.au hits.

And your friendly reminder to click on www.saints.com.au
Last edited by Otiman on Wed 03 Oct 2007 1:00pm, edited 1 time in total.

GrumpyOne

The power of Saintsational is HUGE.

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Brisbane signed up Adcock last week. And they have pick 8, not 5.

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

haha!! im famous!

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Have amended the author and/or 'link' description just in case ;)

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Liam_G
Club Player

Brilliant

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

i think chook said in the other thread that the name was Carl...own up buddy lol! surely it mustve been said in jest?

Davo027
Club Player

saint patrick wrote
As long as you are laughing Davo we are all laughing with you
Thanx StP....... doing what is best for the club....no use worrying about things that are beyond your control.....If you keep looking in the rear vision mirror, you hit the car in front.....I'll keep on smiling :)
cheers

For more info www.saints.com.au

The above views are those of the author and not necessarily those of the clubs or the AFL.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Davo027 wrote:If you keep looking in the rear vision mirror, you hit the car in front.....
cheers
So that's what happend to Rod??? :lol:

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

nice to see it got a laugh on bigfooty as well

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthrea ... ost9016623

milney044
Club Player

HAHAHAH sadly you actually had me going for a split second there, i am incredibly panicy during trade week and fret over nonsense crap and dont stop til its over - just as my family friends and colleagues ;) i was 100% sure it was untrue when it got to milneys statement haha. please though guys, be aware of my poor heart at this particular time, you'll get me having a heart attack over this no matter how far fetched it may be!

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
Brian Collis
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
Davo027 wrote:If you keep looking in the rear vision mirror, you hit the car in front.....
cheers
So that's what happend to Rod??? :lol:
Been turned into margarine

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

is there anyway i could listen to the show when the caller rang up?

saintsrule
Club Player

redwhite&blackblood wrote:
BelfastSaint wrote:Did anyone hear the caller on SEN who stated that Gilbert and Milne were going to Brisbane in return for Adcock and pick 5 .....
Heard it and it sounds touch suspect. They can have Milne for Adcock no worries but Gilbo has to stay!
speaking of milne while i was at fed square during gf week milne was said to be most hated player in AFL

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:i think chook said in the other thread that the name was Carl...own up buddy lol! surely it mustve been said in jest?
not me. I don't do talkback. sure it wasn't andrew from hawthorn?

milney044
Club Player

saintsrule wrote:
redwhite&blackblood wrote:
speaking of milne while i was at fed square during gf week milne was said to be most hated player in AFL
yep he is. which makes me like him even more :)

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
MasonCJ2
Club Player

Yep, it is really silly season again. Going on the initial thread, as opposed to the actual made up article which clarifies that the first round picks were in fact swapped rather than simply 5 to St Kilda, I'm intrigued as to the sighs of relief!!! In the event that Gilbert and Adcock were rated equally, that would mean we get pick 5 for Milne. Hmmm. Relief that that didn't happen! Love Gilbert and all of his upside, one of my faves, but you can't learn to kick overnight. Adcock was on the cusp of A/A; so given that we are a little biased on our youngsters, I'm willing to overlook that. But pick 5 for Milne. Maybe we could throw in Raymond with Milne and get picks 1 and 5. And 7 and 9 and 12.

I don't think we have anyone that either we would let go (yes I would inc Gilbo unless it was a silly deal) or is actually worth anything to anyone else. Fingers crossed on some fast development on Allen, Howard, Geary, VR, Wall, et al, because we need some quick upshots. Keep the picks, keep the players where applicable, and for FS let's actually pick some youngsters. We've picked close to the minimum for years and played short on our rookies, up until this year, for as long as I can remember. If we don't have the cash, we have enough high profile supporters that actually get a great deal of exposure just for being high profile Saints supporters to top up one measly 45k rookie player. Bad record of keeping guys for 3, 4, 5, 6. 7 years that don't amount to anything. I remember these arguments over guys like Tim Elliott, Moyle, Knowles, Schwarze and the list goes on.

We are a sniff