Time to rearrange sock drawer

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Time to rearrange sock drawer

As I predicted, the pussies are winning in a trot ( or whatever cats do). Port aren't a top eight side let alone a premiership team. But, they have eleven home state games and because they finished low last year, had an easy draw (and how many games did they win by less than goal?).

The cats also had an easy draw or should I say "fix", no injuries and have got all the frees till half time. They had a bloke go overseas for "special" treatment, presumably to escape any drug testing and the AFL didn't say boo. If it had been us, we would have been disqualified under a "process" rule.

I heard a Geelong fan complaining about the injury to Egan. Jeez! When they get seven injuries as we did for the '05 PL then they can complain.

I presume now that a "Victorian (not Melbourne) team has had some success, the AFL will bring in special rules to advantage the poor interstate clubs.

But, I'm not bitter!

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Re: Time to rearrange sock drawer

perfectionist wrote:The cats also had an easy draw or should I say "fix"
We had a great draw, but we squibbed it when we decided to go 4-8 after being 3-2.
no injuries and have got all the frees till half time. They had a bloke go overseas for "special" treatment, presumably to escape any drug testing and the AFL didn't say boo. If it had been us, we would have been disqualified under a "process" rule.
Conspiracy theories = taking the focus off the real issues of why we're not winning by 10 goals today.

Then again, I guess it's the only reason why Ross Lyon decided to play two spare players in defence when we needed to try and win the game against Sydney. I can't imagine any man entrusted as an AFL coach would be that stupid; but Sydney did give him years of employment, so... :P

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

How on earth did port make the grand final?

We must raise serious questions of the "system" to allow such a disgraceful pathetic team get that far.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

No injuries, eleven home "state" games, worth 50% more than home home ground games based on the stats of the last 20 years i.e. since the national comp began and luck. None of which ever applies to the Saints. Fortunately, I was there in '66. I feel sorry for the poor schmucks who will barrack their hearts out for the Saints and will never , ever see another win - unless the AFL changes it's attitude - or a Saints President has the guts to speak up.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:No injuries, eleven home "state" games, worth 50% more than home home ground games based on the stats of the last 20 years i.e. since the national comp began and luck. None of which ever applies to the Saints. Fortunately, I was there in '66. I feel sorry for the poor schmucks who will barrack their hearts out for the Saints and will never , ever see another win - unless the AFL changes it's attitude - or a Saints President has the guts to speak up.
So, in your opinion the cats are not worthy winners :?:

They were the best side in the comp...

They played 5 interstate matches this year...

So just what is the AFL going to do with their "no injuries"??

but you say you're not bitter :roll:

when you mention your stats at the start of this post, it really means jack IMO...

They were the best side in the comp this year and IMO they are worthy winners

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
mischa
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:So, in your opinion the cats are not worthy winners :?:

They were the best side in the comp...

They played 5 interstate matches this year...

So just what is the AFL going to do with their "no injuries"??

but you say you're not bitter :roll:

when you mention your stats at the start of this post, it really means jack IMO...

They were the best side in the comp this year and IMO they are worthy winners
Exactly. Geelong are avery well managed, well run side with an OUTSTANDING President. They should be congratulated!

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Geelong best team in the comp by miles. Won by 20 miles.

Saints have to move on to next year.

Stop whinging. Nothing to whinge about, we blew a perfect opportunity.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Bowey Boy
Club Player

Agree that Geelong was best this year by a mile.

However, teams like Freo and Port get rewarded for being unpopular in Melbourne. Not only do they get twelve home games - ten of which with a massive home advantage....but they also play a few "away" games with no disadvantage. This gives teams like Port an extra win or so each year.

Port/Freo usually get to play Hawthorn (previously Saints) in Tassie. Dogs in Darwin, Kangaroos in Canberra/Gold Coast. Sydney also gets a bit of this benefit too. I have stated previously that had we played Port in Melbourne in 2004 we would have finished top of the ladder at the end of the home and away season rather than third. Then all the finals would have been played in Melbourne. We will never know for sure but I suspect the finals campaign would have been off to a winning start and I reckon finish !! The Saints would have been "A Sure Thing !!".

PS

no I am still clearly not over it !!

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Geelong:
- Appointed their coach after a proper process, which meant they could retain him when the crunch came
- Have a stable administration that connects with its members
- Have expanded their football department spending over the last two years
- Hired the best fitness/injury management people in the AFL
- Were given a massive pre-season by the coach
- Traded and recruited well over the past 3 seasons

Do that and you deserve success.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Bowie Boy wrote:Agree that Geelong was best this year by a mile.

However, teams like Freo and Port get rewarded for being unpopular in Melbourne. Not only do they get twelve home games - ten of which with a massive home advantage....but they also play a few "away" games with no disadvantage. This gives teams like Port an extra win or so each year.

Port/Freo usually get to play Hawthorn (previously Saints) in Tassie. Dogs in Darwin, Kangaroos in Canberra/Gold Coast. Sydney also gets a bit of this benefit too. I have stated previously that had we played Port in Melbourne in 2004 we would have finished top of the ladder at the end of the home and away season rather than third. Then all the finals would have been played in Melbourne. We will never know for sure but I suspect the finals campaign would have been off to a winning start and I reckon finish !! The Saints would have been "A Sure Thing !!".

PS

no I am still clearly not over it !!
simple then lets relocate to the NT :roll:
for crying out loaud we were not up to it this year there was no AFL conspirisy quiet simply we were not good enuff that may be hard to take but we havent been good enuff for over 40 years !
full credit to geelong they saw their opertunity and they took it
they showed loyalty theire coach took a backwards step to bring in the support he needed
they stuck with their players they persisted with thire game plan and they gave it their all thats why they won the flag

as for port they also took their chances how many games did they win by less then a goal ? who cares they got the 4 points who cares if its by 1 point or 100 last time i checked winning 6 games by 1 point is better then losing 4 by 20 and winning 2 by 36 :roll:

the sooner we saints ppl stop complaining about how hard done by we are and how every other team has got it so f***ing easy cause the AFL love them the better

our past is littered with great players wasted in poorly run teams , our clubs history with coaches is laughable ,our borardroom resembles zoo rather then a professional club

as a club we are always following trends when the successful are busy creating them enough is enough lets get this board crap out of the way decide on a prez and suport him whole heartedly lets get all the gutter pollitics away from our club and let the only media rumbleings coming from moorabbin be that from our playing list setting it alight in the preseason

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/