The Club's Official Trade Targets

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

The Club's Official Trade Targets

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/ ... 22,00.html

Archie Fraser talking about the contracts, also slips this in:

"Fraser said Carlton full-forward Brendan Fevola was not a club target, with a midfielder and another small forward the priorities."

So a midfielder and a small forward, any guesses?

My punt - Paul Haselby and Kayne Pettifer
Last edited by SaintBot on Wed 26 Sep 2007 4:05pm, edited 1 time in total.

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

Sherman and Williams

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Pettifer...WTF

How many draft picks are Richmond giving us to take him?

Strooper>Pettifer

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Pettifer = Fiora....child prodigy who never quite lived up to it at original club.

After watching Ottens and Rodan play blinders on the weekend (and Fioras best season to date) I reckon the Tigers are gonna start trading players on potential not ability from now on LOL..so therefore no to Pettifer.

Another small forward = Milney to the midfield again??

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Yes 66au, the Tigers have had a few come back to bite them. Doubt they will be letting too many go!

Re: Mark Williams ... got it on good authority that his knees are stuffed (aka Aaron Hamill) and there is doubt over whether he can continue his career.

So I wouldn't be going near that one ...

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
st.mart
SS Hall of Fame

Hopefully Fev (27) is a part of the Judd Trade and we don't get a look in......least Fraser was a team player....prefer 200 games from Cyril Rioli than 80 games (40 dummy spits) from that tool...how effective would he be with us anyway - moving the ball at treacle pace

Pettifer kicked 40 this season, and 30 odd last season - as well as tearing us a new arse.....at one stage in 06 he was in all aust. contention until he faded....not a dud......but I would not entertain him at 26..

Sherman - yes for a second rounder......pace and goals

Wood - Maybe for a second rounder......tap ruckman

Prismall - Yes for a second rounder.....ball winner

Meeson - Yes for a second rounder......young ruckman

Winderlich - yes for a second rounder......pace and goals

Haselby - yes for a first ronder.....Ball magnet (quality)

R.Murphy - yes for a second rounder......FF

Tenace - yes for a third rounder........Pace

X.Ellis - Yes for James Gwilt and Second Rounder rounder......Disposal and decision making

R.Tambling - Yes for James Gwilt and Second Rounder rounder......Pace

B.Moran - Yes for Yes for James Gwilt and Third Rounder rounder......mobile ruck/CHB

There's a couple of others of interest.....a medium fwd from adelaide, look at some fringe WCE players, Cam Faulkner of the Bulldogs, Sam Power of the Bulldogs, Colin Sylvia of the Dees....

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Surely most of them you are taking the piss St mart? Some of those are ridiculous to even speculate.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Rice Paper
Club Player

Carlton are holding off on Heath Scotland's contract, so he is trade bait as well as Eddie Betts. These 2 will be offered up as a package to get a top 10 draft pick to give to WCE.

These 2 fits what Archie Fraser has mentioned in regards to recruiting targets, so it's just a matter of what else we would want out of the deal. Maybe as well as Carltons pick 18.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Agree with that list st.mart, although you rate Meesen too highly IMO. Hasn't done much in the SANFL.

Rice Paper ... Scotland is 28/29 I believe? Plus not the best bloke from what you hear and read.

Betts very much an opportunist ... not as good as Milne early in Milne's career.

Milne kicked 50 in a 15th placed side. Betts hasn't kicked more than 30 in a 15th placed side.

A one-trick pony ... wouldn't add much IMO.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Clubs Offical Trade Targets

SaintBot wrote:http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/ ... 22,00.html

Archie Fraser talking about the contracts, also slips this in:

"Fraser said Carlton full-forward Brendan Fevola was not a club target, with a midfielder and another small forward the priorities."

Well....perhaps I am reading too much into that...but maybe just maybe that means the medical news on Gardiner must be good.

With Hamill, Voss and Sweeney all seeming to have gone.....the need for a genuine small forward does not surprise....and we all know that we area mid or two short.

By small I mean someone whis nota tall...and remember that Hamill is 184cm.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Rice Paper
Club Player

Oh When the Saints wrote:Agree with that list st.mart, although you rate Meesen too highly IMO. Hasn't done much in the SANFL.

Rice Paper ... Scotland is 28/29 I believe? Plus not the best bloke from what you hear and read.

Betts very much an opportunist ... not as good as Milne early in Milne's career.

Milne kicked 50 in a 15th placed side. Betts hasn't kicked more than 30 in a 15th placed side.

Milne is considered a one trick pony as well.

The other team in the Judd hunt is Melbourne, so it isn't surprising that Travis Johnstone is trade bait talk but they also have Aaron Davey. Are they willing to give up both to get Judd? They probably will be but Travis is 28 and Davey is 25yo.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

On Milne and getting ANOTHER small forward.

You need BOTH.

Another small forward would be to replace the position we do not have (ie Hamill, Voss, Sweeeney)...and not to reaplce Milne.

We NEED a HF type that can kick golas......ie look at other teams and see what options they have...

ie the Pies have Medhurst, Leon, Thomas and Didak!!!!!

BJ Roo Harvey
Milne Kosi NEW player
Last edited by saintsRrising on Wed 26 Sep 2007 12:19pm, edited 1 time in total.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:Agree with that list st.mart, although you rate Meesen too highly IMO. Hasn't done much in the SANFL.

Agree with that entirely OWTS.

Great list by St Mart, but yeah, Meesen is a 3rd rounder if we're generous, and Sam Power is a gigantic STAY AWAY from type player.

Soft, can't win the footy and goes missing when times get tough.

I hope the Dogs trade him to Brisbane to salvage some of his value.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Rice Paper wrote:

Milne is considered a one trick pony as well.

The other team in the Judd hunt is Melbourne, so it isn't surprising that Travis Johnstone is trade bait talk but they also have Aaron Davey. Are they willing to give up both to get Judd? They probably will be but Travis is 28 and Davey is 25yo.
aaron davey is not that different to milne and overrated to the max, as is travis johnstone.

IMO Melbourne stocks are quite limited atm, Jared Rivers is a 10 year defender and unless his injury is critical to his career, I'd be looking at stealing him and another plyaer (davey then?) if they want our top pick.

I have no qualms about hurting a team for our pick 9.

they want our pick 9, more than we want to sell it, let the clubs (collingwood/melbourne/essendon/carlton/richmond etc) pay court to st kilda with the best offer/package.

let them bleed I say, and if none of its good, WE GO TO TEH DRAFT!!!!

we dont owe any of them favours..

I remember a few years ago, some idiot in the press saying we should trade kosi to collingwood or footscray to give those clubs a fair chance at the flag.

I MEAN WTF? WHY DO WE OWE ANYONE ANYTHING?!!! pick 9 is ours, if they want it, let them pay, we dont want their schitt cluttering up our llist.

given possibly only pick 3 is up for sale in the top 5, pick 9 is gold.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
markinUSA
SS Life Member

What's up with this part of the article?

"Key fitness staffer Andrew Weller has left the club. Weller, a physiotherapist who helped fill the fitness training breach over summer in the Craig Starcevich-Peter Mulkearns transition, was coming out of contract. Fraser said he would be replaced within a month."

What is happening with the fitness people? Starcevich left last year, weren't we getting people from the AIS to help us? What's happening? Anyone know?

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

markinUSA wrote:What's up with this part of the article?

"Key fitness staffer Andrew Weller has left the club. Weller, a physiotherapist who helped fill the fitness training breach over summer in the Craig Starcevich-Peter Mulkearns transition, was coming out of contract. Fraser said he would be replaced within a month."

What is happening with the fitness people? Starcevich left last year, weren't we getting people from the AIS to help us? What's happening? Anyone know?
Misson from the swans is rumoured to be joining us. Misson is moving to Melbourne. Though Misson is a more senior & knowledgeable conditionaing guy than Weller.

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Sherman and Hazelby are the two rumours I'm interested in. However, I suspect that even if both are possible, that would mean we don't draft before round 3, which with the number of selections we've got this year has us taking a lot of fliers.

I would also like another ruckman to play as #2 (I'm in the Kosi as ruckman camp) when the inevitable Gardiner injuries mean that he's not playing for most of the year, and reducing the quality of his play when he does... Rix's 2nd half has me convinced he's not up to nor ever will be up to #2 duties, Brooks has to make the team as a forward just to enter the equation (and I'm not convinced he will), and VR isn't an option.

I suspect we can deal with rucks long term via draft, and short term via late pick or PSD.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
sackers5
Club Player

Oh When the Saints wrote: Re: Mark Williams ... got it on good authority that his knees are stuffed (aka Aaron Hamill) and there is doubt over whether he can continue his career.

So I wouldn't be going near that one ...
I dont know what his knees are like (other than the fact that he did his knee this year) but just bear in mind that Geelong were literally trying to give Steve Johnson away last year and no one would touch him with a ten foot pole becuase of his 'degenerative knees' and then came out this year and dominated - So I suppose the moral of the story is you just never know

Davo027
Club Player

David Hille

For more info www.saints.com.au

The above views are those of the author and not necessarily those of the clubs or the AFL.
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Davo027 wrote:David Hille
Yes, please.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Is Haselby quick?

I agree could be a real find if given a go. Seems on the outer at the Catters

There's a couple of others of interest.....a medium fwd from adelaide, look at some fringe WCE players, Cam Faulkner of the Bulldogs, Sam Power of the Bulldogs, Colin Sylvia of the Dees....
Cam Faulkner wouldn't be a bad pickup. had potential but never showed it at the Dogs.

Colin Sylvia. Now there is a dissapointment, but could still come good. Tough, at it type player who would be an ideal replacement for Harvs (in 09) and Thommo this year.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Davo027 wrote:David Hille
in a heart beat ill take him

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
st.mart
SS Hall of Fame

Doesn't matter if he is quick - he is good.....cannot substitue ability...

Sam Mitchell is not quick, nor is Hodge....

Haselby - All Australian, B&F, Big game performer (Glendinning medallist), Rising Star winner.....not a bad resume

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

Is Haselby quick?

I agree could be a real find if given a go. Seems on the outer at the Catters

Cam Faulkner wouldn't be a bad pickup. had potential but never showed it at the Dogs.

Colin Sylvia. Now there is a dissapointment, but could still come good. Tough, at it type player who would be an ideal replacement for Harvs (in 09) and Thommo this year.
fattleby is slow, from what I've seen of him looks and plays just like adrian fletcher, although fletcher seemed to have a bigger heart to do the hard yards but that could have been maturity. lot of talent.

i think faulkner was delisted if we are interested might pick him up with a late late pick.

sylvia couldnt get a game with the demons despite a stack of injuries, red and blue version of brooks?

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
woooosaints
Club Player

pick 9 for didak yes please