What ever happened to Cayden Beetham?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

fisher_fan
Club Player

What ever happened to Cayden Beetham?

What ever happened to that young guy Cayden Beetham....I don't know if inbetween seasons one year I missed something? But out of the blue the other day I was just thinking about some of the crap we have picked up in the draft over the years, clearly he was a bad choice...

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

If I remember rightly... He felt he couldn't keep up playing footy at the elite level, just felt it was not in him and didn't have the motivation and quit.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

the only game i remember Cayden in was the game down at skilled stadium where i think we lost by 114 points and he still played awesome!
Last edited by saintdooley on Wed 25 Aug 2010 11:27pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

went to play amateur footy. Last year was playing for Old Xavs in A grade Ams. Not sure if he's still playing this year.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Was up at Port Douglas a couple of weeks ago. Was reading the local footy section in the paper, and the name, Cayden Beetham was mentioned as one of the gun players for a Cairns team (cant remember which one) I presumed it was the same Cayden Beetham.

SaintWal
Club Player

I thought he was playing some good footy over in the SAFL this year. Sure I heard something on SEN. Will try and confirm.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Had a couple of terrific years with the Old Xavs, and then I believe he did move to QLD.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Duggie
Club Player

Did not have a big enough heart for AFL :lol:

A Saint Forever!
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

the story goes bevo said st kilda were interested in him, he told bevo 'dont worry about it, i'll be gone before you get to me'

he had a booming kick, he was powerfully built and could mark overhead well.

he also played as if he had a tremendous ego, didn't chase, didnt' tackle, didn't block, and got frustrated if he wasn't passed the ball.

st kilda invested a lot of time and effort into him, but he didn't improve his fitness to AFL levels, didn't do the 1% and then he gave it away.

IMO he had all the talent of any player going around and 1/100 of the work ethic of robert Harvey or Nathan burke.

very frustrating, i guess a lot of other clubs passed him over after interviewing him as well.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
noddy

SaintWal wrote:I thought he was playing some good footy over in the SAFL this year. Sure I heard something on SEN. Will try and confirm.
SaintWal if you mean SANFL he isnt over here playing :D

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Good at getting the ball, but a poor disposer and no left side. A wasted pick in any event.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:Good at getting the ball, but a poor disposer and no left side. A wasted pick in any event.
good at getting the ball? if it wasn't delivered on the silver platter he was too good to get it himself...

the only thing I ever saw him chase was his shadow.

when he got the ball, he could kick it beautifully, over distance with accuracy.

second efforts? maybe at smorgys...

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Penny Lane

Played in the grandfinal team for old Xavs last year against Haileybury that won who had Stewart Loewe playing for them.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:the story goes bevo said st kilda were interested in him, he told bevo 'dont worry about it, i'll be gone before you get to me'

he had a booming kick, he was powerfully built and could mark overhead well.

he also played as if he had a tremendous ego, didn't chase, didnt' tackle, didn't block, and got frustrated if he wasn't passed the ball.

st kilda invested a lot of time and effort into him, but he didn't improve his fitness to AFL levels, didn't do the 1% and then he gave it away.

IMO he had all the talent of any player going around and 1/100 of the work ethic of robert Harvey or Nathan burke.

very frustrating, i guess a lot of other clubs passed him over after interviewing him as well.
enough about Barry Brooks, we're talking about Cayden Beetham

:lol:

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Stephen Theodore wrote:Was up at Port Douglas a couple of weeks ago. Was reading the local footy section in the paper, and the name, Cayden Beetham was mentioned as one of the gun players for a Cairns team (cant remember which one) I presumed it was the same Cayden Beetham.
Funny you should mention that.

When i was in Cairns in July the local news showed Lawrence Angwin taking a speccy and landing awkwardly on his head and neck. Must be playing up there as well.

No serious damage done - well any more than was already there :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

Couldn't kick. Wouldn't have gone far without such a basic skill.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

anyone remember him playing in a game at optus oval, took the ball the wing and only had options to his left hand side. Since he had no left foot we ran around in circles then tried to kick on the left and missed the ball completely!!!

Funniest thing I have ever seen!!!

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
stinger
Saintsational Legend

and we could have had murphy or brad greene....ffs....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.