New Ticket: St Kilda Footy First

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bungiton
SS Life Member

New Ticket: St Kilda Footy First

Very proffessional challenge, info here

http://stkildafootyfirst.com/

I'm sorry, you've gone through all the trouble to find out what this actually says and it really is quite insignificant.
kaos theory
Club Player

On the surface, it looks very good.

Ticks all the boxes: Professional, quality people, no bedwell, GT or Fox

At this stage, I'm prepared to support a change.

I think its time we moved on from the GT & RB years....

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Looking good so far, seems to be a left-wing alternative to the butterss regime, as far as the economic standpoint goes.

Here is the base argument, as far as I see it.

RB: Look at our $1 million profit, we are financially stable! hooray!
Footy First: Why wasn't the $1 million spent getting more on-field success? Stop scrimping to make the bottom line look good.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

very good at pointing out deficiencies

very impressive board

i missed where they said what they bring to the club.

their CV not that different to the CV of the current board.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:Looking good so far, seems to be a left-wing alternative to the butterss regime, as far as the economic standpoint goes.

Footy First: Why wasn't the $1 million spent getting more on-field success? Stop scrimping to make the bottom line look good.
left wing????

saint4life
stinger
Saintsational Legend

they look okay to me....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:
Otiman wrote:Looking good so far, seems to be a left-wing alternative to the butterss regime, as far as the economic standpoint goes.

left wing????
Mordy Bromberg is on the football sub-committee?

On that note, I think formalising that separation in their bid is a positive part of their proposal.

If that results in clear delineation of roles among the board and reporting from the footy side of things I see that as a positive.

bungiton
SS Life Member

http://stkildafootyfirst.com/letter.html
TO ALL MEMBERS
Thankyou for your time to read this very important message we have for St Kilda Footy Club members.

This is a pivotal time in the Club’s history as we introduce the Footy First team.

Footy First is set to invigorate the Saints with exciting new ideas in all areas of the club but with an emphasis on football which of course is our reason for existing.

This is where the current regime has dropped the ball. They have concentrated solely on reducing debt at the expense of the football department.

Footy First fully supports Ross Lyon in his endeavour to win us a flag. To do this we need more football people on the board and we have that in our esteemed former captain Nathan Burke and Andrew Thompson.

Through our board and by boosting the administration resources we will provide better value for our current sponsors and grow our membership base. We will not simply cut costs.
By challenging the current Board, we are not merely rocking the boat. We are serious in wanting a strong, successful and viable future for St Kilda and we will ensure the transition is as seamless as possible.

St Kilda supporters are passionate; they are the lifeline of our club. We will listen to our members, running the club by consensus where practical and not operate as an autocratic business.

We will be keeping members completely informed about us and the process via an information pack that is on its way to every member and you can find out more about your Footy First team at www.stkildafootyfirst.com

Remember - it is your club, your team, your choice and we need your vote to make change.

As far as I'm concerned this ticket are concerned with areas of the current administration that need addressing sooner rather than later.

They have proffessionally outlined the key areas they find to be detrimental to our on side success that are not being addressed currently.

Though there is a large amount of amunition they have not resorted to attacking the current board on things that have been worrying to a large amount of supporters throughout the last two years.

Rod Butterss has been in the position for seven years, the strength of his ticket/ board seem to centralise on successive $1mill profits. These profits look great on paper, let's face it there a lot of things about St Kilda that look great on paper, this team seems to want to ensure that the success of this club goes beyond paper to the playing surface.

After seven years, the current administration seem to be stagnating, sponsors dropping off, seemingly shoddy matters with CEO and Pres conflicting on issues with the media.

A fresh board with a team dedicated to putting profits after on field success seems to me a change that need to come in and continue the start the current board have implemented.

After wonderful progress, the current board seem to limp from one tragedy to another.

I'm sorry, you've gone through all the trouble to find out what this actually says and it really is quite insignificant.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

i deliberately have not taken much notice of the whole rb/gt/board room split/takeover up until now

however maybe it is time for a change??

maybe we do need a new board to take us to the next level??? like we did with the coach...

i'm also warming to the idea of micheal klim involved in our club as we do need an automatically noticeable figure on our board to further gain members and general notice...

if we look to expand our football club into maintsream society like a collingwood or essendon we need board members or celebrity members that stand with our club...more notice - more members

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:i'm also warming to the idea of micheal klim involved in our club as we do need an automatically noticeable figure on our board to further gain members and general notice...
What exactly does Michael Klim bring to footy sub committee? I don;t doubt he is a passionate supporter, but other than swimming what does he offer?

He's not standing for the board, but is offering himself to the footy sub-committee.

yipper
SS Life Member

St DAC wrote:
Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:i'm also warming to the idea of micheal klim involved in our club as we do need an automatically noticeable figure on our board to further gain members and general notice...
What exactly does Michael Klim bring to footy sub committee? I don;t doubt he is a passionate supporter, but other than swimming what does he offer?

He's not standing for the board, but is offering himself to the footy sub-committee.
Would reckon Klimmy would have some ideas on fitness / preparation (elite athletes).

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
killa_gram
Club Player

St DAC wrote:

He will take the pool sessions.

Innocent until proven guilty!

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!!!!!!
yipper
SS Life Member

killa_gram wrote:
St DAC wrote:

He will take the pool sessions.
Maybe the boys don't know how to swim!!

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Impressive enough. All succesful business people. Would presume Nathan Bourke would be in charge of the football side of things.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

St DAC wrote:

i guess he is a marketable figure.

I would love if we could snare david friend back.

I know the AFL will double any price we pay him, but if there is a more capable, intelligent person around football who knows football, understands the fans and sponsors i'd be suprised.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Just what would M Klim bring to a footy sub-committee
??

saint4life
yipper
SS Life Member

Dan Warna wrote:
St DAC wrote:

i guess he is a marketable figure.

I would love if we could snare david friend back.

I know the AFL will double any price we pay him, but if there is a more capable, intelligent person around football who knows football, understands the fans and sponsors i'd be suprised.
Yes, if the new board (proposed) ccan entice Jim Watts, David Friend and James Van Beek back - then we will be flying, absolutely flying.

bungiton
SS Life Member

I have read concerns over the lack of overall wow power on this ticket, lets' see, at the moment who on the current board actually has this?

If it's Butterss, then obviously the wow factor or one stand out person is overrated. To me the fact that there is no real stand out individual on the ticket seems positive, I see a team of 7 people that share a common outcome, the success of Saint kilda as a football club, not a cost cutting money scrimping bunch of misers.

I agree there is no substance yet to what the ticket propose to take the lub forward, but let's face it, at the moment they have outlined what they see to be weakness in the current regime, what they propose to overcome these areas will be kept close to their chest until a vote is imminent, why lay out all your cards and a detailed plan to move forward only to have the current administration be able to say oh yeah, we were going to do that anyway?

osama milne laden
Club Player

>>Simon Grant
Manager, Fosters Brewing Group

i was hoping for trevor o'hoy

'What do we eat? -Mussles
How do we eat 'em? - Alive'
JeffDunne

chook23 wrote:Just what would M Klim bring to a footy sub-committee
??
He's married to a princess so I presume he's had experience in dealing with out-of-control egos.

That could be handy.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:
chook23 wrote:Just what would M Klim bring to a footy sub-committee
??
He's married to a princess so I presume he's had experience in dealing with out-of-control egos.

That could be handy.
It is the football sub committee

NOT the BOARD!!

DOH

forgot we had them in both areas didn't we

saint4life
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

i just see it as a marketable figure...i dont expect him to do anything...

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:i just see it as a marketable figure...i dont expect him to do anything...
A real reason for change then!!!!

saint4life
JeffDunne

I would see his input and contacts in sports medicine and training techniques to be valuable.

However having him involved is hardly a show stopper.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:
Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:i just see it as a marketable figure...i dont expect him to do anything...
A real reason for change then!!!!
he was just a figure i warm to regardless...

having rocky and thommo running the footbal facet is a good'un as both are extremely intelligent people...