Hille & Welsh

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

peter lockwood
Club Player

Hille & Welsh

There is rumours over at Bigfooty that the bombers are trying to package the 2 of them for our pick 9.What are your thoughts?
For mine i would like to get a KP back with 1st round.Trade for a Jolly,Wood or Meeson for 2nd round.Then after pick up some pacy midfielders that can go in middle and up forward and give us some more avenues for goals! :D

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Hille & Welsh

peter lockwood wrote:There is rumours over at Bigfooty that the bombers are trying to package the 2 of them for our pick 9.What are your thoughts?
For mine i would like to get a KP back with 1st round.Trade for a Jolly,Wood or Meeson for 2nd round.Then after pick up some pacy midfielders that can go in middle and up forward and give us some more avenues for goals! :D
Sounds OK to me. We should also try and trade Raymond and Sweeney to them and get their second oick. Thoughts?

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

in all honesty i reckon Hille would be great for us (i know most on here would dissagree) hes big is handy in the ruck and not afraid to kick a goal or two and with realistically the draft pool not so deep this year a trade for an established player would be worth looking at

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
yipper
SS Life Member

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:in all honesty i reckon Hille would be great for us (i know most on here would dissagree) hes big is handy in the ruck and not afraid to kick a goal or two and with realistically the draft pool not so deep this year a trade for an established player would be worth looking at
So why don't the Bombers want him then?? They're not that flash a team they can give up a half decent player are they??

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

hille around the same skill level as what we got from hackland in 05 from what I've seen.

Player MT K H D Avg M Avg HO Avg T Avg FF FA G Avg B SC Rat Avg
David Hille 124 775 639 1414 11.4 469 3.8 1704 13.7 172 1.4 93 89 87 0.7 75 597 7825 63.1
Totals 124 775 639 1414 11.4 469 3.8 1704 13.7 172 1.4 93 89 87 0.7 75 597 7825 63.1

age 26.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Grrrrr
Club Player

I'm sure Saints made a big play for Hille about 2-3 years ago.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

I'm sure Essendon's incoming coach would be ecstatic to hear that someone is trading away his players.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:in all honesty i reckon Hille would be great for us (i know most on here would dissagree) hes big is handy in the ruck and not afraid to kick a goal or two and with realistically the draft pool not so deep this year a trade for an established player would be worth looking at
So why don't the Bombers want him then?? They're not that flash a team they can give up a half decent player are they??
true point but why do any clubs want to move on any players ?? from his last game against the Weagles i though he looked the goods to me he was mobile enuff to run with Cox and had a little bit of agro about him .
imo hes a better option then Seaby

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
strauchanie
Club Player

wasn't Hille the bombers captain last year? He's a good player and I doubt they would trade him anyway

footynut
Club Player

I would rather trade for laycock, he has much more of an up side, as he can push forward, and run with the likes of cox, Imagine Kossie and Laycock swaping at FF. If you put our on ballers around him we just may look faster coming out of the middle.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Laycock = Softcock

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

rodgerfox wrote:
I'm sure Essendon's incoming coach would be ecstatic to hear that someone is trading away his players.

I agree. Cant see how decisions like that can be made when there is no head coach. Surely any trade decisions would be put on hold until the new coach is up and running.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Grrrrr wrote:I'm sure Saints made a big play for Hille about 2-3 years ago.
I'm sure it was given as one of the reasons Grantley Thomas was sacked, the fact that he vetoed Hille?

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I think you will find that Mr. Hille has personal issues dating back to his VCE year on the Peninsula where 2 of his clasmates lost their lives in a car crash that should never have hapened !!

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

footynut wrote:I would rather trade for laycock, he has much more of an up side, as he can push forward, and run with the likes of cox, Imagine Kossie and Laycock swaping at FF. If you put our on ballers around him we just may look faster coming out of the middle.

No hope in getting him thou

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:I'm sure Essendon's incoming coach would be ecstatic to hear that someone is trading away his players.
Now there is a post I can agree with :wink:

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

Eastern wrote:I think you will find that Mr. Hille has personal issues dating back to his VCE year on the Peninsula where 2 of his clasmates lost their lives in a car crash that should never have hapened !!
was he the driver eatsern?

i vaguely remember the incident and his involvement.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

fonz_#15 wrote:
Eastern wrote:I think you will find that Mr. Hille has personal issues dating back to his VCE year on the Peninsula where 2 of his clasmates lost their lives in a car crash that should never have hapened !!
was he the driver eatsern?

i vaguely remember the incident and his involvement.
Nah. He was the front seat passenger. It was a station wagon with 7 people in it and the 2 guys in the "Boot" area were the ones that were killed !!

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

Hille is a good player when he is the no.1 ruckman, welsh is a good talent. It's not too outrageous. Though trading away ur 1st rounder is sketchy territory.

Carpe Diem
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

We use that as a case study for year 10 legal studies.. very sad case, the driver got 2 1/2 years youth detention, three families got life sentences.

saintgus
Club Player

Hille is hopeless !

Saints for the flag 2010
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Both very over-rated players.

If we trade either of our first two picks I will be very upset (unless it is for a genuinely good player).

Sydney showed a propensity to trade away high draft picks on over-priced players ... i.e. second round pick for Paul Chambers ... and I hope RL doesn't do the same thing.

Hille is too small to be an effective tap ruckman, and too stocky to move properly around the ground.

Basically, Hille is a slightly more effective version of Rix.

Welsh plays about five decent games a year.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

you don't trade your first round draft pick...or any other first round draft pick that you might happen to snag...we did that for brooks and watts.....never again......imhfo.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:Both very over-rated players.

If we trade either of our first two picks I will be very upset (unless it is for a genuinely good player).

Sydney showed a propensity to trade away high draft picks on over-priced players ... i.e. second round pick for Paul Chambers ... and I hope RL doesn't do the same thing.

Hille is too small to be an effective tap ruckman, and too stocky to move properly around the ground.

Basically, Hille is a slightly more effective version of Rix.

Welsh plays about five decent games a year.
hille is 201 cm according to one site!!!!

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

This is from memory so someone call fill any gaps...

His dad Ray is and was at the time of the accident the Principal of The Peninsula School where the 7 students were in a car driven by a young man named Gene ******* who was 17 at the time. He lost control and three were killed and two seriously injured.

D.Hill was in the passenger seat and like the driver walked away uninjured.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.