Cousins - we couldn't cope with him, even at half fitness

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Cousins - we couldn't cope with him, even at half fitness

An absolute clinic.

The bloke is half fit and he murdered us, execution style.

I could not give a stuff what anyone says about him, he drove a knife through us and we had no answer.

Anyone who understands footy knows he's a champion. No asterisk needed.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

Drug addict and criminal, he's still a damn good footballer.

(i made the criminal part up).

Munga
Saintsational Legend

Baker should've been on him :roll:

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
mullet
Saintsational Legend

umm the fact our best tagger was in the stands meant nothing :?: :?: :?:

come on this game was decided at the tribunal this week and the afl knew it

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Unbelievable player. Just drilled us.

I don't care about excuses - this guy murdered us and, had I been a neutral fan, it would have been a joy to watch.

Watching Jason Blake play on him is probably the wierdest coaching move I've seen in footy.

Why would our worst player - who is neither quick nor as packed with endurance as some think - be sent to tag a quick, running midfielder...?

Yet Blake played 5m off him? Including at centre bounces? One of the most bizzarre coaching moves I've ever seen, right up there with Fevola on Gehrig.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

quiet first half must've done something after the long break and came back and killed us. Or Jaydn going off at the start of the third?

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Unbelievable player. Just drilled us.

I don't care about excuses - this guy murdered us and, had I been a neutral fan, it would have been a joy to watch.

Watching Jason Blake play on him is probably the wierdest coaching move I've seen in footy.

Why would our worst player - who is neither quick nor as packed with endurance as some think - be sent to tag a quick, running midfielder...?

Yet Blake played 5m off him? Including at centre bounces? One of the most bizzarre coaching moves I've ever seen, right up there with Fevola on Gehrig.
I disagree, I thought Blake did a good job on him for more than half the game but Cousins ended up blowing him away through superior fitness.

As you and others say, Cousins is an absolute marvel: even Harvey at his best didn't have the endurance and courage of this bloke.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
JeffDunne

Surely he'd be tested after a turnaround like that?

Was dead on his feet in the first half. Looked like a dead man.

After half time he was running like Ben Johnson (the sprinter version).

Not suggesting anything other than I hope the drug testers were waiting in the rooms.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:Surely he'd be tested after a turnaround like that?

Was dead on his feet in the first half. Looked like a dead man.

After half time he was running like Ben Johnson (the sprinter version).

Not suggesting anything other than I hope the drug testers were waiting in the rooms.
thought the same thing. and coming back from an injury???? we will never know will we, but we will always doubt and i hope that hurts him that every supporter other than west coast supporters will always have that element of doubt.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:[

As you and others say, Cousins is an absolute marvel: even Harvey at his best didn't have the endurance and courage of this bloke.

wash your mouth out...ffs.........what utter crap...... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

i come home and have to read this crap......

.........fiora and dal santo crashed into each other in the past minute of the game...result would have been different if one of them had shepparded the other...that's all it came down to.....

f****** disappointing........the season blown on a f*** up....
Last edited by stinger on Fri 24 Aug 2007 11:45pm, edited 2 times in total.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

wash your mouth out...ffs.........what utter crap...... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Come on Stinger, imagine if he hadn't been a drugs cheat and he had played for us: you'd adore him. He has an engine on him like you wouldn't believe.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
JeffDunne

But he IS a drug cheat. :?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:
stinger wrote:

Come on Stinger, imagine if he hadn't been a drugs cheat and he had played for us: you'd adore him. He has an engine on him like you wouldn't believe.
sure....but he is a drug cheat.......got the courage of a kings cross pimp............his endurance is okay though....

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:But he IS a drug cheat. :?
Well, to be fair (and I know I used the word "cheat" first) he isn't a user of performance enhancing drugs, but is a person who clearly has serious problems with illicit drugs. But, as we already knew and tonight's Channel Seven news suggested again, he's hardly the only one going around in the AFL, and it is possible that he has cleaned up his act at last.

- Jonathan Swift
QueenC
Club Player

meher baba wrote:
Well, to be fair (and I know I used the word "cheat" first) he isn't a user of performance enhancing drugs, but is a person who clearly has serious problems with illicit drugs. But, as we already knew and tonight's Channel Seven news suggested again, he's hardly the only one going around in the AFL, and it is possible that he has cleaned up his act at last.
Being that neutral fan, although I was willing you guys on all the way.......
It really was an absolute treat to watch a player perform like Cousins did in the second half tonight.

And there is a difference big between drug cheat and drug addict.

And given the revelations that came through earlier this evening I don't think that any club or fan is in reality in a position to throw stones.
Because we all seem to forget about the glass houses.

He really was exceptional tonight and it was my understanding that he would be tested after ever game that he plays from now on in.
Last edited by QueenC on Fri 24 Aug 2007 11:59pm, edited 1 time in total.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:
i thought we has settled on that issue...that the drugs the cheat was taking...and could be still taking for all i know ...are/were performance enhancing.........why do you think they call it speed...ffs.....

,,now i didn't bring this up...mb did..in comparing a piece of sh!t to the great robert harvey.......

JeffDunne

His coach admitted he had a problem DURING last season.

In competition use is an automatic suspension.

He also tried to avoid a drug test. Also should be an automatic penalty.

Given how he looked in the 1st half vs the second - I'd be asking questions even if I didn't know his history.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:His coach admitted he had a problem DURING last season.

Given how he looked in the 1st half vs the second - I'd be asking questions even if I didn't know his history.
He has never been penalised for breaking the rules. In light of what has happened to bakes in the last 7 days I am even angrier now than when the whole cousins thing first broke. Bakes has been crucified for telling the truth, cousins has been turned into a hero for breaking the law, go figure

stinger
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:His coach admitted he had a problem DURING last season.

yep...threw up three times berfore he got going.....4 kicks in the first half...18 in the second.........interesting.....

snippa
Club Player

evertonfc wrote:Unbelievable player. Just drilled us.

Agreed.

And make no mistake, Blake was poor. What bothered me the most though was that not once did the message go out to Blake to get 'touch and feel' on Cousins. In tne third quarter, when we got smashed out of the middle, Cousins collected 9 uncontested possessions to Blakes two and three untouched clearances. On each occasion Blake started 10m off him. I don't like bagging players as such but Jesus...you would reckon if I can see it from Level 3............

The game was won and lost where it was always going to be...in the midfield...and we had only one midfielder tonight....Hayes.

The top six possession getters for the night were Priddis, Rosa, Stenglien, Hayes, Selwood and Cousins. You can't win games of footy like that. And we won't win games with a midfield of Birss, Fisher, Fiora and Koschitzke.

I am the king of the divan
JeffDunne

Wasn't just the stat's that raised my eyebrows.

He looked pale and ill in the first qtr. Cold turkey might explain it.

After half time he was beaming. Not only that, but for a bloke that's missed so much football, there was no drop off in performance the longer the game went.

Interesting indeed.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:Wasn't just the stat's that raised my eyebrows.

After half time he was beaming. Not only that, but for a bloke that's missed so much football, there was no drop off in performance the longer the game went.

Interesting indeed.
crap

snippa
Club Player

Interesting indeed.
What rubbish..... :roll:

I am the king of the divan
stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Interesting indeed.
crap

why is it crap....their coach is a flowering chemist ffs...... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

JeffDunne

What's crap plugger?

That he didn't look ill in the first half? Hardly sighted.

That he didn't look a million dollars after half time?

That he didn't look like the fitest bloke on the ground at the end of the game?

Please help me out here, I'm struggling with your insightful post.