Our Defence

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sainter58
Club Player

Our Defence

Over the many years that the saints have gone to the tribunal, we have lost about 90%.
It just shows that Stkilda does not prepare itself for these hearings.
Collingwood would of had their player off on that charge.

And Sheldons Comments... "We will think about appealing"
Tell me Ken , what is there to think about it. You should of started a case after last nights tribunal to get Baker off on Thusday night.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

From what I understand Bakers own comments were one of the main reasons the tribunal jury reached its decision.

Did our defence team instruct Bakes NOT to say he meant to block and was lookink to instigate contact.....

that is what formed part of the charge.....he was reckless which led to the injury etc.....

OR DID Bakes say it under pressure (nervous under cross-examination)??
BUT was not intructed by defence to look out for this line of questioning.

Not sure but there appeared to be holes in the process and evidence....

so was our defence prepared enough

Who knows??

Confused

saint4life
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote: that is what formed part of the charge.....he was reckless which led to the injury etc.....
There is a silly rule on how to look after your car that has always stuck in my head. If you look after the front the rest will look after itself (unless you're reversing of course) How the hell does Baker know exactly what Farmer was doing behind him??? Does Bakes have eyes in the back of his head?? How then can they say this was reckless if he didn't know exactly where Farmer was coming from?? I can say for a fact Baker wasn't after the result of such a block!
Herald Sun paragrapth wrote: To Tinney's assertion that he had no right to block Farmer's path, Baker replied: "I'm a backman, that's what I do. It might have been a free in the rules"
I agree with the comment earlier, if we were Collingwood this would never have fluctuated to the level it has and Bakes would be playing this week. Last night proves beyond a reasonable doubt that the AFL tribunal hates our guts and places a strong emphasis on the point we must fight this, get Baker playing and win back some respect! I am sick of seeing us walked over time and time again!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
SteveStevens66
Club Player

Irrespective of whether Bakes said too much or the wrong thing or wasn't properly briefed by his counsel, the failure to appeal this miscarriage of justice will cost the club in general and the current board in particular, very dearly.

For any ticket contemplating a challenge, the failure of the current board to act and act aggresively is like manna from heaven.

Let's just hope that even if driven by naked self-interest, they mount an appeal.

Carna Saints!!!
kaos theory
Club Player

Irrespective of whether Bakes said too much or the wrong thing or wasn't properly briefed by his counsel,
I think there KEY word is 'blocked'.....He should have said "I attempted to SHEPPARD farmer out of the play".....

It gives a different impression, the word 'block' has a a more agressive feel to it.

Anyway, the decsion is a joke. To convict a guy on such flimsy evidence is pathetic.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: Our Defence

sainter58 wrote:
Tell me Ken , what is there to think about it. You should of started a case after last nights tribunal to get Baker off on Thusday night.
What makes you think that Sheldon and Club would not have started to examine how they could appeal the moment the case finished?

Of course they would have...and Sheldon would have.

Whether they can find something which they believe will be succesful or not is a separete question.

You are slagging Sheldon without basis..

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Solar
Saintsational Legend

sainter58 wrote:Over the many years that the saints have gone to the tribunal, we have lost about 90%.

why? according to you he elbowed him and is guilty... :roll:

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
HarveysDeciple

Solar wrote:
sainter58 wrote:Over the many years that the saints have gone to the tribunal, we have lost about 90%.

why? according to you he elbowed him and is guilty... :roll:
funny how even the tribunal didnt find it that way.

so Sainter58 did Bakes lie? and if so, how could he be suspended for something that didnt happen that way?