Michael Voss did not see the incident. Watch the tape!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Michael Voss did not see the incident. Watch the tape!

It's good to be back on the forum after several months away.

I think this is a very important issue.

I have the whole St-Kilda v Fremantle game on my Foxtel IQ.

Having heard that Michael Voss may be called as a witness to the Farmer incident, I think
that it is important that this evidence is submitted or brought to light.

If you view the Channel 10 coverage, the ball is rushed through for a behind to Fremantle
with 11.32 remaining in the 3rd Quarter.

Michael Voss's exact words were, "Farmer was felled behind the ball. I did not see
the incident but he was felled behind the ball."

If we use the quiz show mentality, do we accept his first answer?

He then later claims to have seen the incident. If I was St-Kilda's counsel, I would be
asking Voss, "Well which answer is it, sir. Either you saw the incident or you
didn't see the incident. Is it safe to say that you have reasonable doubt."

I think this is important when the Match Review Panel looks at a possible case for someone
to answer.

You can't be found guilty by implication. Not in this country.

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

the only video bloody voss should be worried about is the one at the pub

woooosaints
Club Player

same as gehrig id have no qualms beating someone if they threw a poolball at my mates head

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Re: Michael Voss did not see the incident. Watch the tape!

Milan Faletic wrote:It's good to be back on the forum after several months away.

I think this is a very important issue.

I have the whole St-Kilda v Fremantle game on my Foxtel IQ.

Having heard that Michael Voss may be called as a witness to the Farmer incident, I think
that it is important that this evidence is submitted or brought to light.

If you view the Channel 10 coverage, the ball is rushed through for a behind to Fremantle
with 11.32 remaining in the 3rd Quarter.

Michael Voss's exact words were, "Farmer was felled behind the ball. I did not see
the incident but he was felled behind the ball."

If we use the quiz show mentality, do we accept his first answer?

He then later claims to have seen the incident. If I was St-Kilda's counsel, I would be
asking Voss, "Well which answer is it, sir. Either you saw the incident or you
didn't see the incident. Is it safe to say that you have reasonable doubt."

I think this is important when the Match Review Panel looks at a possible case for someone
to answer.

You can't be found guilty by implication. Not in this country.

Yeh, Ive had it on for the last hours or so.....Definitely says he didnt see it at first........

Is it just me...I just dont seem to trust Voss at all....

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

over at docker land they seem to think bakes is envolved in every crime known to man kind
they with their great knowllege :roll: think bakes is impicated with voss in the pub brawl and hes not going to give evidence against his co accused (its times like this i wish i wasnt banned from dockerland to correct them on their stupidity)

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Grimfang
Club Player

Voss says he didn't see what happened. Then he says he did. Then at the end of the match, he says he didn't.

There's some reliable testimony there. Good to see that Patrick Smith and others have conveniently ignored the "I didn't see it" comments when writing their articles. :roll:

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are a quick and tasty morsel.
yipper
SS Life Member

Agree. Heard that to. Voss at first definately says didn't see it - but then, for reasons unknown (perhaps to sound smart!!??) he says he did see it. The explanation I heard today that Bakes has just stopped dead in front of Farmer, who then cannoned into the back of his head is a very plausible explanation because Bakes has done that before. Thereby relegating the hysterical nonsense I have heard from so-called experts on the, alleged incident, to the extremely embarassing garbage pile.
Last edited by yipper on Mon 20 Aug 2007 2:41pm, edited 1 time in total.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:over at docker land they seem to think bakes is envolved in every crime known to man kind
they with their great knowllege :roll: think bakes is impicated with voss in the pub brawl and hes not going to give evidence against his co accused (its times like this i wish i wasnt banned from dockerland to correct them on their stupidity)
They know all from 3000klms away :D :D

They all saw the incident, all know exactly what happened, and were all at the Prince of Piss last december when Vossy and co had a to do with a couple of bogans :D

Who said Perth is full of isolated troglydites :wink: :wink:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Actually from memory Voosy said he saw the incident but wouldn't incriminate anyone, then later said he saw the aftermath of the incident (Farmer falling to the ground) and then later on said he didn't see the incident (and re-iterated that all he saw was Farmer on the ground).

So he stated twice he didn't see the incident, there is no footage, no umpire saw anything, Farmer cant remember anything (a bit like most of his Saturday nights :D ) and Baker denies anything reportable and it has been leaked that Farmer doubled back and ran into Baker giving him a big lump on his head.

Good luck MRP. If you suspend or find anything untoward by Baker we will know that you are still corrupt.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote: Good luck MRP. If you suspend or find anything untoward by Baker we will know that you are still corrupt.
thats what worries me Freo have an uncanny way of making the AFL bow to their stupid requests (eg des headcase provoked but selwodfound to not have said anything )
we already know the MRP are corrupt and down right idiotic but that wont help us if it finds bakes guilty of this and is in the stands next week against the druggies .

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
joffaboy wrote: Good luck MRP. If you suspend or find anything untoward by Baker we will know that you are still corrupt.
thats what worries me Freo have an uncanny way of making the AFL bow to their stupid requests (eg des headcase provoked but selwodfound to not have said anything )
we already know the MRP are corrupt and down right idiotic but that wont help us if it finds bakes guilty of this and is in the stands next week against the druggies .
Just heard on SEN that apparently Freo claim that their medical advice is that the injuries sustained could only have occured through an untoward action.

Here we go again!
Freo whinging until they get their own way.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
[Just heard on SEN that apparently Freo claim that their medical advice is that the injuries sustained could only have occured through an untoward action.

Here we go again!
Freo whinging until they get their own way.
Yeh sure..and how could they tell the difference for example in Farmers snoz having hit:

*the back of Bakes Skull
*bakes elbow
*Bakes fist?

and even *The hard ground?
I mean you often see on replay where its players head hitting the ground whick KO's him.

The FACT that so far NO ONE has seen the incident would tend to make me think that it was just Bakes stopping in front of farmer and the heads colliding....

Now Bakes knowing it was going to happen would have braced himself......

What about Kosi and the Doggie...for example....Kosi watching the ball and not the player....so impact for him was worse.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
matrix
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
Just heard on SEN that apparently Freo claim that their medical advice is that the injuries sustained could only have occured through an untoward action.
oh do they have a coroner or something at the club.......what a joke.
ive seen a headclash that has split a guy open, looked like he'd been hit with a rather large stick.......

i spose now that their season is over they need to find excuses, and they seem to favour the one of:......if farmer didnt come from the ground he would have taken the game by the scruff and we would have won.
i dont really even rate him as a player.
geez they are sooks over there aint they........
Last edited by matrix on Mon 20 Aug 2007 4:04pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I didn't say Freo was right. I just said 'here they go again'

This is the Freo modus operandi. Neer let the truth or rules get in the way of our desired outcome. And the best way to get that outcome is to whinge!

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

The operative word from freo was "lacerations".

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:I didn't say Freo was right. I just said 'here they go again'

!
MR Magic my post was not havinga go at you....only Freo...

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:The operative word from freo was "lacerations".[
???What...are they claiming that Bakes was packing a flick knife or something :roll: :roll:

IF Bakes had grabeed the Wizards' snoz and ripped I think that that would have drawn some attention.....
Last edited by saintsRrising on Mon 20 Aug 2007 5:55pm, edited 2 times in total.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
Otiman wrote:The operative word from freo was "lacerations".[/quote]

???What...are they claiming that Bakes was packing a flick knife or something :roll: :roll:

IF Bakes had grabeed the Wizards' snoz and ripped I think that that would have drawn some attention.....
lolololol - Freo CSI :D :D

Lance or James??

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:I didn't say Freo was right. I just said 'here they go again'

!
MR Magic my post was not havinga go at you....only Freo...
All good :)

bigred
Saintsational Legend

rogerwa wrote:the only video bloody voss should be worried about is the one at the pub
GOLD

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
aussiejones
Club Player

All we have is the result : farmer concussed and bloodied nose .

If no one actually saw a hit ( who isnt lying) and there is no video , how can the MRP draw a conclusion that the closest player caused it by doing something illegal.

The injury could have been done with perfectly legal contact.

It is possible that while the 2 bodies actually made contact , there is reasonable doubt that it was intentional by Baker. Two players colliding often leads to injury / concussion , that is the nature of the game.

He should not be found guilty on suspicion .

Result Baker should be cautioned allowing him the benefit of the doubt.

Anything else is not justice, whoever you support .

I rest my case

To the top
SS Life Member

Voss is on Brisbane's list.

Brisbane are relying on St Kilda losing a game to entertain any thought of playing in the finals.

Nuff said!