Site down - bot attacks

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Site down - bot attacks

Hi all

Quick update from me - you may or may not have noticed the site going down (for very short periods - minutes) a number of times over the last 24-48 hours.

After some investigation we discovered a spike in connections from multiple IP addresses on certain pages of the site which looks like bot attacks similar to what we saw a few months ago with hackers and spammers. Because of the security issues we put in place, this has essentially caused the site to shut down for a couple of minutes each time rather than allow the bots access.

Hoping it settles down but as its been frustrating for me, I figure it would have been frustrating for you all too so just wanted to give you the update as it came to hand.

Cheers
Nick

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Re: Site down - bot attacks

Do we suspect it might be the Chinese Communist Sate?

Sanctorum
Club Player

Vortex wrote: Wed 22 May 2024 7:44pm Do we suspect it might be the Chinese Communist Sate?
"Sate" originates in Malaysia and Indonesia, best bought from street vendors who carry small charcoal burners plus ingredients - grilled while you wait, on bamboo skewers, with a choice of pork, chicken, lamb, goat or beef and served with spicy peanut sauce, bloody delicious!!

In Singapore for many years there was a sate market near the waterfront with dozens of vendors, one of who was actually awarded a coveted Michelin Star!

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Thu 23 May 2024 12:42pm
Vortex wrote: Wed 22 May 2024 7:44pm Do we suspect it might be the Chinese Communist Sate?
"Sate" originates in Malaysia and Indonesia, best bought from street vendors who carry small charcoal burners plus ingredients - grilled while you wait, on bamboo skewers, with a choice of pork, chicken, lamb, goat or beef and served with spicy peanut sauce, bloody delicious!!

In Singapore for many years there was a sate market near the waterfront with dozens of vendors, one of who was actually awarded a coveted Michelin Star!
I wouldn’t have thought that much creativity could come from a missing ‘t’

I kind of made me hungry