Lenny: On coming home

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Lenny: On coming home

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Lenny: On coming home

Fantastic to have the great man back. He seems up for the challenge.

Banger9798
SS Life Member

Proper legend of the club

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Call me unfashionable, or any of the pejorative epithets bestowed by Killa, Saynta, Skeptic and Vortex - but I love him even more than Nick Reiwoldt.
I am seeing this as such a positive watershed decision.
For what Len brings, for what he represents and because it shows rare smarts by the club. I see a light!

spert
Saintsational Legend

Great to see a great Saint back in a coaching role. It's a pity we haven't had more Saints in coaching roles in recent years

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

One of the very few appointments that have unanimous support, and for good reason. We finally get a midfielder to be our midfield coach, not a small forward, not a ruckman, etc.

But also, it gives a sense of calm and a feeling that it is right

It'll be great for our midfielders, great for membership, and as always with Lenny Hayes it will bring us respect. The entire football industry/community will look at this favourably, with many wishing it had been their club getting the great Lenny Hayes.

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

It will be interesting to see what he is like as a coach.
Let's hope he is as great a coach as he was a player.

Professional, unflinching, business only player.

Does he take the midfield role?
If so, it is a mouthwatering prospect having Hayes coach WindHager & Owens.

Next senior coach of the club?????????
Glad I haven't gone early on this thought :lol:

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
D.B.Cooper
Club Player

'The moment we knew we had a beauty...

Max would have been disappointed he didn't block Archer, but this moment must have given Hayes massive confidence he could stand up against the big boys.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote: Fri 26 Aug 2022 8:31am Great to see a great Saint back in a coaching role. It's a pity we haven't had more Saints in coaching roles in recent years
This. Good on you Lenny. A true club legend.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Fri 26 Aug 2022 11:06am 'The moment we knew we had a beauty...

Max would have been disappointed he didn't block Archer, but this moment must have given Hayes massive confidence he could stand up against the big boys.

Archer was a proper see you next tuesday. Still is I'm told. Would have got a month's holiday today.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Fri 26 Aug 2022 8:31am Call me unfashionable, or any of the pejorative epithets bestowed by Killa, Saynta, Skeptic and Vortex - but I love him even more than Nick Reiwoldt.
For what Len brings, for what he represents and because it shows rare smarts by the club. I see a light!
Hey I always thought Lenny should have been captain well ahead of the blonde sook. Roo only got the job ahead of Lenny becaue he was more marketable.

I like the appointment because we need to restore the clubs DNA more than ever with this current spiritless list of imports.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Fri 26 Aug 2022 12:01pm
Yorkeys wrote: Fri 26 Aug 2022 8:31am Call me unfashionable, or any of the pejorative epithets bestowed by Killa, Saynta, Skeptic and Vortex - but I love him even more than Nick Reiwoldt.
Hey I always thought Lenny should have been captain well ahead of the blonde sook. Roo only got the job ahead of Lenny becaue he was more marketable.

I like the appointment because we need to restore the clubs DNA more than ever with this current spiritless list of imports.
Blond sook, eh? Spiritless list of imports? Who do you really support as it's not the saints? Do you live under a bridge, because you sound like a troll or an opposition supporter masquerading as a supporter, with the sole intention to bring down the club?

You wouldn't be the first to try that on. Despicable is the word I would use to describe the majority of your posts.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Fri 26 Aug 2022 12:09pm
Vortex wrote: Fri 26 Aug 2022 12:01pm

Blond sook, eh? Spiritless list of imports? Who do you really support as it's not the saints? Do you live under a bridge, because you sound like a troll or an opposition supporter masquerading as a supporter, with the sole intention to bring down the club?

You wouldn't be the first to try that on. Despicable is the word I would use to describe the majority of your posts.
Gee your good Stinga! No troll gets past you do they.

Saintmike65
Club Player

D.B.Cooper wrote: Fri 26 Aug 2022 11:02am It will be interesting to see what he is like as a coach.

I can tell you he had a tremendous work ethic at GWS and was highly respected..working huge hours a week, often on his day off!
He realises the challenge he has ahead of him but also excited by the young mids he’ll have under his watch.
He has enjoyed his time away from the game but has kept in touch via his role on 3LO special comments on Sydney & GWS home games.
I have been corresponding with him the past 2-3 weeks but kept his appointment quiet out of respect for him.
How do I know all this…he’s married to my daughter.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Saintmike65 wrote: Fri 26 Aug 2022 12:15pm
D.B.Cooper wrote: Fri 26 Aug 2022 11:02am It will be interesting to see what he is like as a coach.

I can tell you he had a tremendous work ethic at GWS and was highly respected..working huge hours a week, often on his day off!
He realises the challenge he has ahead of him but also excited by the young mids he’ll have under his watch.
He has enjoyed his time away from the game but has kept in touch via his role on 3LO special comments on Sydney & GWS home games.
I have been corresponding with him the past 2-3 weeks but kept his appointment quiet out of respect for him.
:D :) :wink: Hope he can have a talk to Bytel and convince him to stay as he is badly needed. Has show he has leadership qualities as well as the quickest hands at the club

I fear he will turn into another Jack Steele at another club given the chances he was denied at the Saints.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Hey Michael... I know you!

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

That is really fantastic to hear as it’s what I’m hoping for and more so what he will hopefully bring/in-still into our list.

Here’s what I posted in the other Lenny thread specific to this comment (rather than re-type)
skeptic wrote: Tue 16 Aug 2022 8:25pm Personally I’m rapt with this...

The thing that stood out with Lenny in addition to his toughness was his work rate in combination with his attention to detail.

Knowing how hard he worked on field and how rough he played inside the trenches, it’s seemingly a miracle that he didn’t miss more games through injury... except it wasn’t a miracle.
Lenny attended every rehab session, perfected his technique, was meticulous with warm up/warm down, ate everything he was meant to and nothing that he wasn’t etc etc

Everything about him was completely driven... and it’s really hard to see him not doing well if he brings that to coaching.

More than anything else though, I really hope he instills a bit of that drive into the playing group. Personally, that’s what I think we’re missing the most

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

Vortex wrote: Fri 26 Aug 2022 12:01pm the blonde sook. Roo only got the job ahead of Lenny becaue he was more marketable.
What a sook! :roll:

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Fri 26 Aug 2022 8:31am Call me unfashionable, or any of the pejorative epithets bestowed by Killa, Saynta, Skeptic and Vortex - .
I’m a little taken aback by this.

Am very sorry that I come across this way :(

Saintmike65
Club Player

cwrcyn wrote: Fri 26 Aug 2022 12:25pm Hey Michael... I know you!

Ok..I’m intrigued..From where

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Fri 26 Aug 2022 12:45pm
Vortex wrote: Fri 26 Aug 2022 12:01pm the blonde sook. Roo only got the job ahead of Lenny becaue he was more marketable.

Dry your eyes princess, Roo is a legend and I loved watching him play but I think Lenny would have been a better Captain, especially after the 2010 to 2011 era.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Saintmike65 we've sat at the footy together ( a long time ago) quite a few times and had some great discussions about the game.

I've PMd you

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

Vortex wrote: Fri 26 Aug 2022 1:15pm

Dry your eyes princess, Roo is a legend and I loved watching him play but I think Lenny would have been a better Captain, especially after the 2010 to 2011 era.
Princess?

Why not call me "tough guy", I kinda like the "tough guy" line better? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice back tracking BTW :roll:

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

I'm sold, great post Saintmike65 :D

Thank you for sharing that information, though you may end up regretting it in the future.
Even more excited now about this appointment.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Fri 26 Aug 2022 1:46pm
Vortex wrote: Fri 26 Aug 2022 1:15pm

Princess?

Why not call me "tough guy", I kinda like the "tough guy" line better? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice back tracking BTW :roll:
My advise mate is don't feed the trolls.