In the mix..trio in line for recall

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

In the mix..trio in line for recall

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

Re: In the mix..trio in line for recall

If Sharman & Byrnes are good enough to make AFL players, and I’m not sure they are, they need to be given a decent run of 4 or 5 games on the trot.

In and out in one games does little for adjustment and confidence to rise to the next level.

At least give them an extended opportunity to show if they are good enough or not.

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

No McKenzie it seems. We’re in strife.

How do we outscore the Dogs? Long bombs to Max King won’t cut it.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Thu 14 Jul 2022 1:02pm If Sharman & Byrnes are good enough to make AFL players, and I’m not sure they are, they need to be given a decent run of 4 or 5 games on the trot.

In and out in one games does little for adjustment and confidence to rise to the next level.

At least give them an extended opportunity to show if they are good enough or not.
Doesn't bare resemblance to the reality of developing sports people from any sport to say they will automatically develop and improve by throwing them to the wolves. In fact it can have a permanently debilitating effect in the oppistie direction for those who aren't ready to play with the big kids.

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

Vortex wrote: Thu 14 Jul 2022 2:26pm
D.B.Cooper wrote: Thu 14 Jul 2022 1:02pm If Sharman & Byrnes are good enough to make AFL players, and I’m not sure they are, they need to be given a decent run of 4 or 5 games on the trot.

Doesn't bare resemblance to the reality of developing sports people from any sport to say they will automatically develop and improve by throwing them to the wolves. In fact it can have a permanently debilitating effect in the oppistie direction for those who aren't ready to play with the big kids.
No sensical gibberish.
Who is being thrown to the wolves?
Why so dramatic Vortex?

How is a small sustained block of 4-5 games going to be potentially permanently debilitating to a 21 year old who has played 20 odd AFL games and over 40 VFL games like Byrnes but only getting one game or one and a sub at the moment.

One game at a time is ok but a block or 4 or 5 to give him continuity and confidence will be permanently debilitating?
😂

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Thu 14 Jul 2022 2:47pm

No sensical gibberish.
Why so dramatic Vortex?

How is a small sustained block of 4-5 games going to be potentially permanently debilitating to a 21 year old who has played 20 odd AFL games and over 40 VFL games like Byrnes but only getting one game or one and a sub at the moment.

One game at a time is ok but a block or 4 or 5 to give him continuity and confidence will be permanently debilitating?
😂
So you got nothing except emojis then huh.

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

Vortex wrote: Thu 14 Jul 2022 3:49pm

No sensical gibberish.
Why so dramatic Vortex?

😂
👍

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Thu 14 Jul 2022 4:06pm
Vortex wrote: Thu 14 Jul 2022 3:49pm

No sensical gibberish.
Why so dramatic Vortex?

😂
👍
what time is it
🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺
🍔🌭🥪🌮🌯🥙🥧

In red white and black from 73
bergsone
SS Life Member

IF Paton comes in want Sinclair released to the midfield / forward lines we need better forward delivery.Connolly could play hbf role would be my pick

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

bergsone wrote: Thu 14 Jul 2022 6:05pm IF Paton comes in want Sinclair released to the midfield / forward lines we need better forward delivery.Connolly could play hbf role would be my pick
To me… this is the frustrating truth of it

It seems to me that we have a number of options for BP/running half back
Coffield/Clarke (preinjury), Hill, Long, Paton and Connolly… obviously only one there is comparable to Sinclair.

Certainly I think it’s worth taking a promising up and comer like Connolly and giving him an opportunity.

Certainly none of them are Sinclair but they may be able to do a serviceable job.

None of them however could play in the centre square consistently. Sinclair could and at various times when he’s gone there… he’s looked good.

Wish we would explore this more

Bowey Boy
Club Player

Covid drama at the Bulldogs. No further info but coming up on Nine News.

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
Bruce G McAbee
Club Player

No Ross or Windhager due to Covid.
Bulldogs lostv2 as well.

Think of me long enough to make a memory.
Bruce G McAbee
Club Player

No Ross or Windhager due to Covid.
Bulldogs lostv2 as well.

Think of me long enough to make a memory.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

bergsone wrote: Thu 14 Jul 2022 6:05pm IF Paton comes in want Sinclair released to the midfield / forward lines we need better forward delivery.Connolly could play hbf role would be my pick
I think Connolly I’d important to the future - he has foot skills and could be super good off hb developed well
We’ll stuff him

“Yeah….nah””