Bring in Choco

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Bring in Choco

IF as strong rumours suggest the deal with Ratten (and some players) has been done (disgrace if so) then the club better wrap some people around this guy who have genuine footy smarts.

Rath clearly having too much to say as a stats man - players looked totally confused abs when they have the ball in hand like they don’t know what to do next

Get Williams in as head footy operations to oversee match day he’s been excellent everywhere he’s been and good knows we could do with an extra football brain

Get Rath out of the box.

“Yeah….nah””
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Bring in Choco

He sabotaged the coaching selection process in 2013.

I doubt the club will turn to him and I doubt he will want to come.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Mon 27 Jun 2022 10:27am He sabotaged the coaching selection process in 2013.

I haven’t heard that before

My recollection is that he applied and was the firm favourite, interviewed well enough but AR had one hell of a PowerPoint prepared.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Mon 27 Jun 2022 9:46am IF as strong rumours suggest the deal with Ratten (and some players) has been done (disgrace if so) then the club better wrap some people around this guy who have genuine footy smarts.

Rath clearly having too much to say as a stats man - players looked totally confused abs when they have the ball in hand like they don’t know what to do next

Get Williams in as head footy operations to oversee match day he’s been excellent everywhere he’s been and good knows we could do with an extra football brain

Get Rath out of the box.
Reactionary post detonated by T74.

Not deeply rooted in anything other than the opinion of an anonymous poster in a footy forum.

This is a good example of how the internet guides and controls our thoughts.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The club initially sought out Williams who was the favourite until a bizarre interview where he came across as unhinged. No love lost between both parties. Though, place is now run by totally different people.

The club was then forced to approach Richo at the last minute who they had previously interviewed a few years before.

Anyway, does anyone know what William’s role is at Melbourne exactly?

Richo runs operations. Choco is support.

Pointless random solutions..

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Mon 27 Jun 2022 10:39am
Teflon wrote: Mon 27 Jun 2022 9:46am IF as strong rumours suggest the deal with Ratten (and some players) has been done (disgrace if so) then the club better wrap some people around this guy who have genuine footy smarts.

Get Rath out of the box.

Not deeply rooted in anything other than the opinion of an anonymous poster in a footy forum.

Identify the solution first. Isn’t that how it works.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Mon 27 Jun 2022 10:54am

Get Rath out of the box.

Identify the solution first. Isn’t that how it works.
I've heard about this progressive approach, and so does that mean once a solution is developed, do you then need to uncover a problem?

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Get Rath out of the box.
The only strong rumours are from Big Footy, so personally, i'd be wary of believing it.

The media and Lethlean, publically, don't believe Big Footy either.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/789006/-rat ... ract-coach

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/06/26/ ... t-de-goey/

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Get Rath out of the box.

More dross from anonymous poster on footy forum who hasn’t got an opinion other than “sack Sharman”
I’ll take Williams record over nonsensical ramblings of a wanna be keyboard warrior ..

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote: Mon 27 Jun 2022 3:01pm

Get Rath out of the box.
The only strong rumours are from Big Footy, so personally, i'd be wary of believing it.

Yes club under siege so I’d take anything they say as gospel.., :roll:

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

:D
skeptic wrote: Mon 27 Jun 2022 10:33am
SaintPav wrote: Mon 27 Jun 2022 10:27am He sabotaged the coaching selection process in 2013.

I haven’t heard that before

My recollection is that he applied and was the firm favourite, interviewed well enough but AR had one hell of a PowerPoint prepared.
Correct I heard that also
He was p!ssed at the way the club handled the process but interviewed well apparently
Anyhoo we apparently don’t need his type cause we’ve got Rath and a spreadsheet…

“Yeah….nah””
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Mon 27 Jun 2022 11:49pm
Wayne42 wrote: Mon 27 Jun 2022 3:01pm

Get Rath out of the box.

Yes club under siege so I’d take anything they say as gospel.., :roll:
That's what i thought. :roll: :roll:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
B.M
Saintsational Legend

I listened to Choco in a three quarter time address in the VFL vs Sandy (I think it was Werribee)

He is mental, I mean seriously unhinged!

BTW
He did nothing with them as a VFL coach

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Tue 28 Jun 2022 12:44am I listened to Choco in a three quarter time address in the VFL vs Sandy (I think it was Werribee)

He is mental, I mean seriously unhinged!

BTW
He did nothing with them as a VFL coach
Ok we’ll that’s settled
Ex AFL coach that Cornes said is the best development coach he’s ever seen , has been credited with helping both Melb and Tigers in successful runs at flags…..is useless cause Mart has assessed him.

Ok

“Yeah….nah””
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

What's wrong with people that are unhinged?

Choco, Clarko, Bevo, Dimma ...

As long as they deliver silverware...who gives a flying farquah

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Question 1
Why would he leave Melbourne to come to StK

Question 2
How many coaches did Kane (shock jock) Cornes have?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Tue 28 Jun 2022 7:28am What's wrong with people that are unhinged?
Absolutely nothing!!!

Teflon, SaintPav, Scollop etc etc 😗🤪😂

PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Personally I’d go Buckley & yes I know he has ruled out next year,I think he learnt a lot at the pies nearly got them a flag with an ok team,o reckon he would be a beauty!

PADDLEPOP1000
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

PADDLEPOP1001 wrote: Tue 28 Jun 2022 1:11pm Personally I’d go Buckley & yes I know he has ruled out next year,I think he learnt a lot at the pies nearly got them a flag with an ok team,o reckon he would be a beauty!
Who knows if Buckley would succeed if he had a 2nd stint. Coaches are a bit like politicians,lot's love them when they are voted in but they are despised when they are voted out.

North thought Noble was going to be a beauty and look how that is panning out. Noble is this year's media request for the latest member of the sacked coaches association.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

The question is, does Ratten have the cattle?

Compare us with a rival, Carlton.

They have Curnow and McKay. We have Max King and ????

They have Cripps and Walsh. We have Steele and Gresham. Stars, sure, but perhaps not superstars.

I said at the start of the season when we were winning that our is a patched-together moneyball list lacking a bit in star quality. Our list has most bases covered, but perhaps lacks the cream on top. Lots of good depth players, but lacking in genuine match-winners. Who are our match-winners?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote: Wed 29 Jun 2022 2:11pm The question is, does Ratten have the cattle?

Compare us with a rival, Carlton.

They have Curnow and McKay. We have Max King and ????

They have Cripps and Walsh. We have Steele and Gresham. Stars, sure, but perhaps not superstars.

I said at the start of the season when we were winning that our is a patched-together moneyball list lacking a bit in star quality. Our list has most bases covered, but perhaps lacks the cream on top. Lots of good depth players, but lacking in genuine match-winners. Who are our match-winners?
Even if we are not top 4/Carlton
You can not tell me this list isn’t better than what Richo had and certainly better than 2 goals in 3 quarters of footy???
It’s why I think there are coaching issues - it’s not 1 player suddenly lost form/is now ordinary…..it’s the whole team !
Zero connection
Players look confused
Not mentally switched on for games
Coaching has big say in much of that….
But it’s a done deal and Lethers knows it
Boys club

“Yeah….nah””
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

I think the results are about what you’d expect from our list. Exceeded expectations before the bye and now copping a harsh reality check.

Their confidence was mauled against Essendon and they played like it against Sydney.

I’m not really a Ratten apologist and concede he has weaknesses as a coach as well as strengths. But would Clarko really have us better placed?