Bevo...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Bevo...

I know he can obviously coach and nearly landed with us, but came across as an absolutely knob last night after the game, and it's not the first time he's acted like a complete d*ckhead.

I assume we'll hear a forced apology in the next few days.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Re: Bevo...

Not the first coach to lose the plot with the media & wont be the last I would rather a bloke who’s passionate & let’s fly than someone who just agrees with everyone,love Bevo
PS Tom Morris is a germ of a journo!

PADDLEPOP1000
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

PADDLEPOP1001 wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 9:04am Not the first coach to lose the plot with the media & wont be the last I would rather a bloke who’s passionate & let’s fly than someone who just agrees with everyone,love Bevo
PS Tom Morris is a germ of a journo!
IMO throwing a public tantrum because a journo correctly reported on team selection news is massively embarrassing.

Better using that anger behind closed doors to find the leak.

realdeal
Club Player

It was over the top but its about time the coaches gave it back to the journo's... they're more like gossip columers nowadays than actual journalists anyway..

Rubyjo
Club Player

Tom Morris is a MUCKRAKER

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Good on Bevo for just letting it all go. The whingers and Woke will be turning up the faux disgust today but they usually are the same knobs who complain about coaches and players being too wooden and cliche riddled.

Good on Bevo for stirring things up and giving last nights snore fest a point of interest.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Don’t shoot the messenger Bevo. Find the traitor/leak.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Congratulations Bevo. Tom Morris is a weasel. I'm glad the coach stood up for his club. He is a mud taking journalist and those guys need to be put into place. Don't cut corners, give it too him straight. You couldn't find a more honest person than Bevo.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Is Beveridge still a Saints fan? Surely there’s a conflict of interest.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Accurately reporting on team selection news is now "muckraking", "gutter journalism" and "gossip"? Seems to me you couldn't get more relevant footy news than that.

The only "woke whinger" in that room was the bloke with the terrible mustache who was trying to somehow attach mental health to a footy selection story that they had created and leaked themselves.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

What actually happened?

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Re: Bevo.

I loved Bevo for it.
What scared the sh8¥&&* out of me was Garry Lyon’s ‘outrage’…and refusal to mention anything about the reason Bevo was ready to unload…it comes from the Grand Final reporting week and this journo..if I am led to believe.

Typical Lyon, doesn’t want to point it out, and shut down anyone from mentioning the Grand Final reporting story…including Bucks and even Tim Watson. Lyon wants to parade his ‘credentials’ as the bearer of moral virtue in the name of hygiene. I do give home credit for having the balls to posture like this. Leaves me cold.

Of course it’s terribly embarrassing for Bevo, and it’s a shame for him. The journo loves it. The journo is not hurt one bit. His career and his legacy just got a massive jolt of steroids. He is assuredly now a certified legend among press. Good on him. Etc., but for Garry Lyon..Pooh…Pooh your pants mate.
Last edited by shanegrambeau on Thu 17 Mar 2022 11:04am, edited 1 time in total.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

From an optics perspective - it was an absolute bedsh!t by Bevo. Behaviour bordering on unhinged. I don't really care whether the coaches & journos have a crack at it each other - it's a combative industry but, actions and consequences and all that.

The stupid part of the whole thing was that Bevo confirmed that Morris' story on Hunter was actually correct. He clearly hasn't built a bridge since GF week last year.

Go you red, black & white warriors
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 10:53am What actually happened?
Bevo lost is shyte with Tom Morris and delivered a spray that last for a minute or two and then stormed out of the presser. It was pure entertainment and I hope the AFL don't get all heavy handed and get involved because that would be a real shame to not encourage more freedom of expression and characters of the game. It's been missing for decades since the game was corporatised. Who gives a stuff about whether Tom was doing his job which was the immediate sanitisation by the fox panel, let people in the industry express themselves outside of the BS PC copy book which I expect all the sheeple Woke faux Outragers to be regurgitating today.

I think I'll wrote an email to Lethers and implore him to give Ratts license to lose his s*** in public every now and then.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 11:01am From an optics perspective - it was an absolute bedsh!t by Bevo. Behaviour bordering on unhinged. I don't really care whether the coaches & journos have a crack at it each other - it's a combative industry but, actions and consequences and all that.

The stupid part of the whole thing was that Bevo confirmed that Morris' story on Hunter was actually correct. He clearly hasn't built a bridge since GF week last year.
But they are not having a crack at each other.

Bevo is definitely being personal. He is attacking one journalist. He is as you say unhinged. Blood boiling.

But the journalist is not attacking Bevo. He is waving a box of matches around in a room full of TNT…for a laugh, and saying, ‘look, everyone, look at me’ ‘Oh…that’s right, I am ‘just doing my job’…an.The journo could care less about Bevo in this sense. In a personal way, the journo might care or have a soft spot for Bevo, but nothing will stop him from making a story to help himself advance in the industry. Bevo can’t win. I think Bevo has won more fans.

From the game perspective, the moment that WB forward got run down in front of an open goal, it was over…I am haunted Nick R!

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 11:01am From an optics perspective - it was an absolute bedsh!t by Bevo. Behaviour bordering on unhinged. I don't really care whether the coaches & journos have a crack at it each other - it's a combative industry but, actions and consequences and all that.

Yeah but who cares if Tom was reporting accurately or not, the game was a snore fest and Bevos freedom of expression gave the game a talking point. Coaches lose their s*** all the time behind close doors, bring it out into the open and breath some life into the game.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

I can't believe that people are painting Tom Morris as the bad guy here.

He's doing his job and gets singled out for abuse by someone who should know better.

It was great to have footy back and just a pity that all the talk will be about the press conference.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
saynta
Saintsational Legend

The game was boring me to tears so I was watching the cricket and missed Bevo's presser,

Just watched it now, Good on him. Morris is a little dead s*** and Bevo has exposed the turd for what he is...a turd.

Could not fault anything Bevo said, so don't know what sort of flea got up the arse of some on here.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 12:04pm The game was boring me to tears so I was watching the cricket and missed Bevo's presser,

Just watched it now, Good on him. Morris is a little dead s*** and Bevo has exposed the turd for what he is...a turd.

Could not fault anything Bevo said, so don't know what sort of flea got up the arse of some on here.
The footy was boring you to tears so you watched the cricket?
I'm surprised you're still alive, the cricket should have bored you to death!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
amusingname
Club Player

saynta wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 12:04pm The game was boring me to tears so I was watching the cricket and missed Bevo's presser,

Bevo exposed Morris as a turd by confirming that what Morris reported was accurate? What exactly did Morris do wrong in your opinion?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

amusingname wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 12:19pm

Bevo exposed Morris as a turd by confirming that what Morris reported was accurate? What exactly did Morris do wrong in your opinion?
You obviously weren't listening to what Bevo was saying. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Last edited by saynta on Thu 17 Mar 2022 12:26pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 11:45am I can't believe that people are painting Tom Morris as the bad guy here.

He's doing his job and gets singled out for abuse by someone who should know better.

It was great to have footy back and just a pity that all the talk will be about the press conference.
For the love of theatre, let us see more.

loris
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 11:45am I can't believe that people are painting Tom Morris as the bad guy here.

Ha, ha some on here are really getting their knickers in a twist aren’t they?

Just an aside......... where did Tom Morris get his start in footy journalism?
For those with short memories. Yes folks it was with the Saints. :P
He was our media fellow for years, who wrote all the stories about Saints players and did interviews with players before & after our games, on Saints.com.au
Many posted links to his stories & interviews onto S/S, so many gushed and loved his stories at times. Then he left and went to ALF.com.au - that is the progression for these sports(ALF) journos. From ALF.com.au he went to Fox.

So from being an alright fellow when he was a young sports journo starting out with the Saints, he is now the worst or the worst. :lol: :lol:

amusingname
Club Player

saynta wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 12:21pm
amusingname wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 12:19pm

:roll:You obviously weren't listening to what Bevo was saying.
No I listened to the whole thing and just watched it again , he is taking his frustration out about a leak in his club on a journo, this notion of going back to the club and letting them know is when your source isn’t credible and you want to confirm and not go off bad info, obviously Morris is confident about his source. Bevo saying he is destabilizing the club because he is a Melbourne supporter is just ridiculous. The club needs to plug the leak and I presume the afl might be saying something about coaches trying to boot journos from official afl post match conferences.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 12:30pm

Ha, ha some on here are really getting their knickers in a twist aren’t they?

Just an aside......... where did Tom Morris get his start in footy journalism?
For those with short memories. Yes folks it was with the Saints. :P
He was our media fellow for years, who wrote all the stories about Saints players and did interviews with players before & after our games, on Saints.com.au
Many posted links to his stories & interviews onto S/S, so many gushed and loved his stories at times. Then he left and went to ALF.com.au - that is the progression for these sports(ALF) journos. From ALF.com.au he went to Fox.

So from being an alright fellow when he was a young sports journo starting out with the Saints, he is now the worst or the worst. :lol: :lol:
Yep, after all he is a scum journo. Bevo is a former Saints player and a future coach.