Have to say this

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Have to say this

But 99% of posters have NFI.
Dunstan, McKenzie and Wood all played well. Show some respect and applaud those guys. I didn't see Highmore turn it over. His kicking action is fine. Glad for all the guys.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
happy feet
Club Player

Re: Have to say this

Good team effort. Dunstan outstanding.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Dunstan’s had what, basically 3 BOG’s in his last 6 games?? That’s more than some higher paid players have had their whole career at St Kilda.

And some still can’t admit he might be a good AFL player :roll:

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Ryder and Marshall are the two most important players for the side. Need to get rid of all the s*** rucks in the club. Alabakis and Hunter are not up to it.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote: Fri 25 Jun 2021 11:24pm But 99% of posters have NFI.
Dunstan, McKenzie and Wood all played well. Show some respect and applaud those guys. I didn't see Highmore turn it over. His kicking action is fine. Glad for all the guys.
I think it's a bit harsh to say that 99% of posters on Saintsational have NFI. Apart from yourself...who else do you reckon has any idea?

By the way...can't find any space to add Ben Long in your post?

Ever consider putting a mirror up? Show some respect...indeed!!

Laurie
Club Player

A mention to Ben Long who i thought played well in tge forward line.
A guy who just needs confidence to show what he can do
his ferocity at the contest was outstanding tonight.
Please leave him at half forward and dont take him back in defence.
BOOM BOOM

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

I like to comment when we win. I had plans to write a novel this season, unfortunately I've been speechless far too often.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

I said about 4 or so weeks ago when we were coming to the realisation that Dunny may have to be selected again due to the desperate situation we were in regarding no depth of AFL capable players left at Sandy.

I think I said at the time of Dunny's selection that he would need to get BOG in all of the remaining games of the season JUST to kick start the discussion as to whether the club should keep him on the list next year. I firmly believe his papers were stamped at the end of the thrashing by Richmond.

Could his papers have been moved out of the processed tray and put into the review tray last night?

I still think he needs to play every game like he did last night for the remainder of the season just to save his career.

Incidentally did he taper off in the second half...that's always been his issue, puts in a great 1st quarter or half and then goes completely missing. Didn't see his stats but it looked like he kept in the game for 4 quarters.

silverhalo
Club Player

Vortex wrote: Sat 26 Jun 2021 8:40am I said about 4 or so weeks ago when we were coming to the realisation that Dunny may have to be selected again due to the desperate situation we were in regarding no depth of AFL capable players left at Sandy.

I think I said at the time of Dunny's selection that he would need to get BOG in all of the remaining games of the season JUST to kick start the discussion as to whether the club should keep him on the list next year. I firmly believe his papers were stamped at the end of the thrashing by Richmond.

Could his papers have been moved out of the processed tray and put into the review tray last night?

I still think he needs to play every game like he did last night for the remainder of the season just to save his career.

Incidentally did he taper off in the second half...that's always been his issue, puts in a great 1st quarter or half and then goes completely missing. Didn't see his stats but it looked like he kept in the game for 4 quarters.
Has no doubt improved his stamina and now running games out - I don't think he's even in the review tray, he's safe for next year on latest form.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

One of the things I tend to find very challenging about supporter bases in general is just how reactive and changeable they are in terms of focusing on what happened last.

With regards to Dmac and Wood… neither are remotely out of trouble, neither have proven anybody wrong… they’re flailing players that put in a good performance last night and have looked a bit better as of late though no knock outs.

Dunstan is a bit different in that he’s really stepped it up…
BUT
To be clear, the criticism he’s copped is/was absolutely well earned and well deserved. He’s flailed for 2-3, was rightly written off and for all intents and purposes was gone.

The only thing that could save him was a bit of luck to get back into the team and for him to elevate and maintain his performance…
And let’s be honest, how many players go from being hopeless for years to suddenly consistently BOG or close to.

Credit to him… Dunstan is doing that and really sticking it those that wrote him off, and I love it. But that doesn’t mean that to this point he hasn’t underachieved or wasn’t doing poorly.

He’s gradually changing people’s minds by being consistently good to excellent and to answer Vortex’s question…
Absolutely his papers have been moved from one tray to the other on a good way. Got to maintain this though

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Brown asked Roo last night why had Dunny found it so difficult to get a regular game. Roos response was that he had had a line through his name but he had virtually knocked the door down recently and that they had to pick him. Or words similar.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Don't mind Ben Long forward. He's no backman. If he makes a mistake forward it's not a big issue. He's a big upgrade on Lonie. Better defensive forward and a better kick.

Vazelos
Club Player

A credit to anyone that gets BOG in an AFL match especially against a recent power house he has not been able to perform against strong clubs in the past.
I was out last night didn’t see the game but I have read his engines have improved he can run out games better than before it wasn’t just his lack of speed it was his lack of endurance as well.
Every time this boy is on the scrap heap he finds ways to stay alive. Twice he was allowed to look around for other clubs and no one was interested such was his lack of market currency.

Slow, poor last quarters, poor skills and decision making at times he looked like his career was over.
One hot day doesn’t make a summer but no doubt his consistency levels have improved but there were games this year he was being cursed for turnovers in crucial times costing us dearly.
I am heating Ross is very angry with the club and Gold Coast are sniffing and I predicted Billings and/or Ross would be traded or moved on end of year so this very well may keep Dunstan on the list yet again as a cheap option to the other two.
This is an extraordinary admission by me his name had had a line put through it so many times he truly is the Lazarus of our list!!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Ross and our first round pick to GC for B King.

Keep compo pick we get for Billings and use it on the best available mid.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Don’t forget that come back game he had which was very poor. It wasn’t good timing. Either the first one or second one he had after the long lay off.
So it reinforced the doubts plus the disappointment of that loss needed scapegoating, and what better way than to flush it down the Dunny.

Glad he is ‘back’.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Vazelos wrote: Sat 26 Jun 2021 5:31pm A credit to anyone that gets BOG in an AFL match especially against a recent power house he has not been able to perform against strong clubs in the past.
I was out last night didn’t see the game but I have read his engines have improved he can run out games better than before it wasn’t just his lack of speed it was his lack of endurance as well.
Every time this boy is on the scrap heap he finds ways to stay alive. Twice he was allowed to look around for other clubs and no one was interested such was his lack of market currency.

Slow, poor last quarters, poor skills and decision making at times he looked like his career was over.
One hot day doesn’t make a summer but no doubt his consistency levels have improved but there were games this year he was being cursed for turnovers in crucial times costing us dearly.
I am heating Ross is very angry with the club and Gold Coast are sniffing and I predicted Billings and/or Ross would be traded or moved on end of year so this very well may keep Dunstan on the list yet again as a cheap option to the other two.
This is an extraordinary admission by me his name had had a line put through it so many times he truly is the Lazarus of our list!!
Why is Ross pissed off with the club?
Seems strange 🤔

saynta
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote: Sat 26 Jun 2021 11:09pm
Vazelos wrote: Sat 26 Jun 2021 5:31pm A credit to anyone that gets BOG in an AFL match especially against a recent power house he has not been able to perform against strong clubs in the past.

Seems strange 🤔

Seems strange 🤔
That would be just rubbish AFAIC

asiu
Saintsational Legend

there was a hint of the issue (being played out)
in the coach's address before the game

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
ace
Saintsational Legend

Laurie wrote: Sat 26 Jun 2021 7:26am A mention to Ben Long who i thought played well in tge forward line.
A guy who just needs confidence to show what he can do
his ferocity at the contest was outstanding tonight.
Please leave him at half forward and dont take him back in defence.
BOOM BOOM
I loved wrecking ball's front on tackle on the dog dropping.

(Cotchin is the dog dropping)

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Seems strange 🤔
Maybe he thought he should have been offered the captaincy

Maybe he thought he'd make a better captain

Maybe he wants more midfield time

Maybe...like saynta says, "It's just rubbish talk"

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Sat 26 Jun 2021 11:23pm there was a hint of the issue (being played out)
Can you elaborate please

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Let's not ignore the fact that Ross, who was B&F in 2017 and was locked away til 2021, is a free agent and hasn't re-signed yet. While he has been terrific, he isn't quite at those dizzy heights anymore and his status within the club hasn't continued in the way it was back then, when it was pretty obvious he should succeed Geary.
Family first is a noble notion. I imagine it counts when negotiating contracts too, for both parties. I reckon Seb may just be valued more elsewhere, and both St.Kilda and Ross are aware.
I sincerely hope he can secure a great deal for his family, yet somehow, I dont think its at the GC, considering the isolation his wife might feel through a move 2 states from her support networks.
Essendon, Richmond, Carlton and the Bulldogs probably don't need to pay $750k for him, Collingwood wouldn't and neither would Hawthorn.
What is he worth?

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sun 27 Jun 2021 7:28am
asiu wrote: Sat 26 Jun 2021 11:23pm there was a hint of the issue (being played out)
Can you elaborate please
not really

it was 'pickup'
(i'd have to re-listen to nail it down)

i was listening away as i did 700 other things
.. amongst the chat
(i heard what i thought was Ratts saying
that he and Seb were in daily contact)

which to me
points to the 'issue* being played out

* (common knowledge i thought)

obviously ... its the family time 'perceptions' issue
thought gaz to gaz

and
on we moved to the next moment

(actually , even thats not accurate enough
... it's the 'next moment' , that moves through us)

:)

hope that's clearer than mud

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

silverhalo wrote: Sat 26 Jun 2021 9:39am
Vortex wrote: Sat 26 Jun 2021 8:40am I said about 4 or so weeks ago when we were coming to the realisation that Dunny may have to be selected again due to the desperate situation we were in regarding no depth of AFL capable players left at Sandy.

Has no doubt improved his stamina and now running games out - I don't think he's even in the review tray, he's safe for next year on latest form.
Interesting Roo said after the game he thought a line had been put through Dunny's name.

If he keeps playing the way he has then it will be hard to cut him.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sat 26 Jun 2021 2:39pm Brown asked Roo last night why had Dunny found it so difficult to get a regular game. Roos response was that he had had a line through his name but he had virtually knocked the door down recently and that they had to pick him. Or words similar.
This is exactly right, Dunstan has unfairly been written off and not selected on merit. Now he’s making himself impossible to drop and has passed a few untouchables.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.