Reserved seats

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

longtimesaint
Club Player

Reserved seats

It’s now finally happening that reserved seat holders wil be able to sit in our own reserved seat from Round 9

One year will be our year
DJ Higgins
Club Player

Re: Reserved seats

Great news. I assume we will still ahve to log on and get tickets still but steps in the right directions

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

https://www.saints.com.au/news/928270/r ... n-to-seats

The AFL has advised Victorian clubs that Reserved Seat members can return to their reserved seats at the MCG and Marvel Stadium from Round 9.

St Kilda members, please stay tuned. The club will communicate directly with members on what this process will entail in the coming days.

As stadium capacities in Victoria currently sit at 85% for the MCG, and 75% for Marvel Stadium, GMHBA Stadium and Mars Stadium in Ballarat, the AFL has worked with the authorised ticketing agents Ticketek and Ticketmaster, along with the venues and Victoria State Government to reconfigure the current seating arrangements.

To comply with government approved COVID Safe measures Reserved Seat members will be able to access their membership through their mobile device – much like adding an airplane ticket or debit card to the phone’s digital wallet.

Once they arrive at the match, members will enter through the designated gate on their digital membership cards, scan in and head to their normal reserved seat/s.

If members don’t have a smart phone they can work directly with their club on an alternative arrangement.

For General Admission Members (no reserved seat), Reserved Bay Members (with no specific reserved seat) and the General Public, the process will remain the same as it has so far this season. They will still need to book a ticket in their booking window through Ticketmaster to ensure their details are registered to attend the match. More instructions on this process will be supplied by the club soon.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

DJ Higgins wrote: Wed 05 May 2021 1:28pm Great news. I assume we will still ahve to log on and get tickets still but steps in the right directions

Once they arrive at the match, members will enter through the designated gate on their digital membership cards, scan in and head to their normal reserved seat/s.

My guess is the club will email every applicable member a digital membership card which they then use from their mobile for the remainder of the season.

DJ Higgins
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote: Wed 05 May 2021 1:41pm
DJ Higgins wrote: Wed 05 May 2021 1:28pm Great news. I assume we will still ahve to log on and get tickets still but steps in the right directions

My guess is the club will email every applicable member a digital membership card which they then use from their mobile for the remainder of the season.
I hope so but i just got my pack last week and the card was only for commemorative purposes. Now the club will have to reissue new cards, shame the timing was off as a bit of a waste of funds. but on the bight side i get my seat back so quite happy

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

DJ Higgins wrote: Wed 05 May 2021 2:40pm

I hope so but i just got my pack last week and the card was only for commemorative purposes. Now the club will have to reissue new cards, shame the timing was off as a bit of a waste of funds. but on the bight side i get my seat back so quite happy

I do not think that they are going to reissue the plastic cards. From what they have written you will get a "digital" card to enter the ground with.

If you have SC entry, you just show the plastic one to enter the social club.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

For the first time in over 10 years i didn't pay for a reserve seat this year, not after paying for one last year and not being able to go.

Maybe next year. :lol:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote: Wed 05 May 2021 3:05pm
DJ Higgins wrote: Wed 05 May 2021 2:40pm

I do not think that they are going to reissue the plastic cards. From what they have written you will get a "digital" card to enter the ground with.

If you have SC entry, you just show the plastic one to enter the social club.
Email this evening shows the steps to downloading the digital access to your phone

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
1965 Saint
Club Player

Almost right. We’ve had that system in Perth for a while. You don’t get one digital ticket for the season, you get a new digital ticket for every game. I would suggest saving it to your Apple Wallet so you don’t have to rely on internet connection at the gate