F@ck Hannebery

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

F@ck Hannebery

Don't make a habit of bagging players but had enough of Dan the man and the bulls*** that is written here about him.

He is a f****** bust of a recruit and we were and are f****** idiots for taking him.

Yes, we got smashed in one game and lets not throw the baby with the bath water but f*** Hannebery.

All the stuff I have read here:
- other recruits have come because of him.
- he sets the training standards
- he's a leader & a mentor
- we had to pay the salary cap anyway
- it was front end loaded contract
- he's not on $800K
- Sydney gave us Jones as part of the Hannebery deal
- he's an assistant coach

f*** me, the guy has played what 13 average games and one decent final and who the f*** knows when he plays again or if he does?

For anyone who believes the above about Dan I respectfully request they provide some proof to all or any of those comments.

I wish he'd do the right thing by the club and retire.
He was f***ed in his last season at Sydney, them getting rid of him was a salary dump and they must be pissing themselves laughing now. Guess what, he was f***ed in 2018 and the game isn't getting any slower.

Biggest bust we have had in a long time, I'm no fan of Kent but he has been a much better recruit than Dan.

I don't mind getting Crouch, he was a free agent and costs only $.

We traded huge for Hill and though relatively cheap we gave up way too much for Hannebery, it should have been a Luke Hodge deal with #65 or DFA given we took all his wage off Sydneys books.

The Hill deal is frighteningly bad, he has been a very good AFL player but he absolutely refuses to put his body on the line in any situation. Billings is not a physical player, but he puts his body on the line when it is his turn, Hill does not.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Re: F@ck Hannebery

Oh Joff you forgot to say the AFL are paying for most of it anyway but it's all crock of sh-t really . Very shallow decision by the club knowing what they knew & you would have thought they would have learnt after Smith & Freeman but obviously we didn't

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

The club put him in the leadership group, then for some reason only known to the inner sanctum, he was removed so 'he could fully focus on his rehab' according to the club (press release was written by same folks who work for the Liberal Party, i reckon).

So they've conceded that he's not a leader, nor a mentor

<1 day ban for baiting using political commentary>

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

no point blaming hannas, he's out not by choice but by injury. no one's blaming ryder, and he's out by choice. blame the idiots that thought paying big bucks for an injured old footballer not known for being a positive off field influence was a great idea that would reap rewards rather than cost us a young gun like treloar.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

It was a big gamble, like Hill, and so far it looks like a bust.

Will anyone be held accountable?

Then again, what difference does it make now?

We're lumpoed with him, and Hill, for 3-4 more years.

The two most highly paid players are ageing imports. One can't get on the field and the other looks like he couldn't be arsed.

If Hill is dropped this week they'll both be in the stands. Maybe Crouch will shortly be with them.

That's farcical.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

2 weeks.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saint6709
Club Player

After 3 weeks Im already ready to play for 2022 ( that's probably what 50 years as a saints fan does to you)

Supp draft another young ruckman - best available - play them
Play clavarino - if hes a bust delist end of year

We dont need to see Hannas, mckenzie, frawley, gears, Mckernan, Hunter or paddy R this year - play the kids see who we need out of them to go into 2022.

I would play carlisle still - not sure where though

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Our recruiters and our "brain trust" are a bust, and the root cause. Let's direct our frustrations and expletives (cleaned up) at them.

Would we be a better team at the moment with Bailey Smith and Petracca in our side?
They'd be kicking as many goals as King at the moment, plus they'd be giving us the midfield that we badly needed.

Our recruiters just don't get it.

amusingname
Club Player

samoht wrote: Mon 05 Apr 2021 9:08am Our recruiters and our "brain trust" are a bust, and the root cause. Let's direct our frustrations and expletives (cleaned up) at them.

Would we be a better team at the moment with Bailey Smith and Petracca in our side?
They'd be kicking as many goals as King at the moment, plus they'd be giving us the midfield that we badly needed.

So we should have taken Bailey Smith over Max King? A bit early to make that call I think

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Petracca over McCartin - yes
Every man and their dog knew that

Smith over King
No - King will be a better player - eventually

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote: Mon 05 Apr 2021 9:08am Our recruiters and our "brain trust" are a bust, and the root cause. Let's direct our frustrations and expletives (cleaned up) at them.

Some times recruiters are ‘persuaded’ to choose someone that they don't consider to be the best available option. Especially as far as trades are concerned you get coaches and Football department bosses and even directors and outside influence swaying the people who should be making these decisions...and sorry for the below, but I’m going to unload with a lot more expletives

F@ck Lethlean for doing the Hannas deal. F@ck Richo for being weak and accepting it. F@ck all the sycophants like Cairnsman who thought it’d be a good idea and most of them keep telling us it’s been good for the club.

F@ck all the sycophants who drooled over Hill running and receiving the footy for some soft goals last year. I mean FFS! It’s the easiest things to do for a footy player!! If we want fast runners, just recruit endurance athletes and we’ll teach them all the rules. Give me a Jack Steele or Dusty Martin or a Sam Mitchell or a Diesel Williams type any day before I’d be getting woody over Bradley Hill

F@ck you Joffa Burns for reminding us how f***ed we are as a club.
Last edited by Scollop on Mon 05 Apr 2021 10:56am, edited 1 time in total.

samoht
Saintsational Legend

amusingname wrote: Mon 05 Apr 2021 10:32am
So we should have taken Bailey Smith over Max King? A bit early to make that call I think
Why is it early???

If Max King eventually comes good, how will this help us this year and over the next couple of years?

Max King might prove himself eventually, sure, with the emphasis on "might," whereas Smith is proving himself a worthy recruit right now.

He's miles ahead right now - and Max King has got a lot of ground to make up.

That was how most expected things to pan out (for a midfield draft pick vs a tall, lanky forward)- and on that basis I'd be taking Bailey Smith every day of the week.
Last edited by samoht on Mon 05 Apr 2021 10:59am, edited 1 time in total.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

samoht
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Mon 05 Apr 2021 10:46am Petracca over McCartin - yes

Smith over King
Smith is a great player right now, who's hit the ground running - and if you look back over their respective careers, I bet he will be a great player over many more seasons.
There's no "eventually" or speculating about it .... he's arrived and we can sure use him right now!

I prefer more oomph right now vs more hoping/philosophising/rationalising.

Our recruiters are feckless ...
Last edited by samoht on Mon 05 Apr 2021 11:15am, edited 2 times in total.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Max needs to lose the Errol Flynn bum fluff or maybe... get a mullet

You don’t have to do all that ink and shitt, but ...maybe hang out with Armo, Chips, DeGoey and Dusty and Dane Swan. There’s some good learning to be had and I’m pretty sure it will hasten his development

Back yourself Maxy!! You’ve got a lot going for you son. Live life or at least get yourself a nice gal and get a bit of swagger boy

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Deledio was better than Franklin initially

Haselby was better than Pavlich

But of patience, King will be the best Key Forward in the AFL by 25yo
That’s a lot better than a solid A Grade mid

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote: Mon 05 Apr 2021 11:05am
B.M wrote: Mon 05 Apr 2021 10:46am Petracca over McCartin - yes

Smith over King
Smith is a great player right now, who's hit the ground running - and if you look back over their respective careers, I bet he will be a great player over many more seasons.
There's no "eventually" or speculating about it .... he's arrived and we can sure use him right now!

I prefer more oomph right now vs more hoping/philosophising/rationalising.

Our recruiters are feckless ...
Smith is a very fine player, yes indeed, also enjoying playing a pretty unaccountable high half forward, wing and mid field though the guy is hard and can tackle. He is very, very good already and has a bit of character and swagger about him.

Also enjoying the freedom of playing in a team with Bont, McCrae, Treloar, Hunter, Dunkley, Libba etc all running through the midfield which is one of the better midfields I have seen in years.

Would he be as good at the Saints where he would be a first string midfielder?
I don't know the answer, but I'd still take a 202cm key forward with Max's attributes over a mid as there are simply more mids available year after year.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
samoht
Saintsational Legend

I hope you are right Joffa - and may your team prosper. :wink:

Laurie
Club Player

Im still out on King a guy with all the wraps should not be missing easy shots in front of goals like he has done .
Not only once may i add.
Ok ball delivery has been s*** in some games but mate if you are recruited to kick goals a set shot from 30-40 out is a piece of cake when there is so much hype about him.
Maybe just maybe we have stuffed this up gain.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Caleb Daniel instead of alpine.
Bont instead of Billings
Petracca instead of McCartin

Re the OP. I have the same sentiment re Hannebery. Not so much F*** him as WTF?
A crap decision. Reeked of desperation then and the proof is in the pudding. Can’t blame him personally though. If someone offered me an $800k p.a golden handshake (or thereabouts) for four years at the end of my career I’d be taking it.

Laurie
Club Player

Our recruiters will put up further behind the other clubs with our recruitment over the past couple of years.
Current recruitment have been a short term solution not future success and development.
Hannas Hill only there to top up their there super as stated on another post.
What back up ruck do we hgave for Marshall when Paddy goes McKernan/Hunter FFS.

We have zig and zag leading our club which is slowly becoming a circus

lewdogs
Club Player

So it's Hannebery's fault that the selected 22 put in a pathetic effort and thought they could just coast to an easy win.

Sorry but what crap.

Absolute nonsensical crap.

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

lewdogs wrote: Mon 05 Apr 2021 7:53pm So it's Hannebery's fault that the selected 22 put in a pathetic effort and thought they could just coast to an easy win.

Sorry but what crap.

Absolute nonsensical crap.
IMO none of posts suggested it was Haneberry fault that we performed so badly it's more the frustration of the recruitment of a highly paid hack for 5 years that can't get on the park

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

A huge gamble by a football department who, quite simply, panicked.

A massive error that will cost us the opportunity to sign quality free agents for the next two years.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Does F@ck Hannebury mean the same as what he is doing to the Club in spades with a giant thingymigig? I like that he trains at dawn away from the others but how about he only comes to Linton St when he is fit enough to play a month's worth of games and works his way through the VFL like able bodies players have to. At least his salary is a tax write off for the club - it is isn't it, you can claim draft credits for dud investments, surely? If not I heartily agree with the OP.