Club Football TV Broadcast

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint6709
Club Player

Club Football TV Broadcast

If The AFL are going to encourage teams like GWS to be in the competition they've got to at least support some kind of professional telecast of their matches.

That was a Club Football TV Broadcast AT BEST

I was at the ground and then watched when I got home - they captured none of the atmosphere at all.

To have a staffer doing the commentary for the local team and I can only imagine it was one of his mates live streaming from inside the glass commentary box from an Iphone or something for the footage - it was disgraceful

One sided commentary all day with shocking footage and no attempt to capture the feeling in the stadium

The saints fans on the outer wing must have nearly outnumbered the local crowd and certainly out voiced them - what you didnt see ( I didn't on what i had taped) was the whole team after the song etc etc coming across to the outer wing to clap and be clapped by the saints crowd in the stadium - it was great stuff - but those not there wouldnt have known with the broadcast from Jimmy Bartell and his mate with an iphone

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Club Football TV Broadcast

We're getting no love from the media as usual.

Game just didn't happen.

Pricks.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
ace
Saintsational Legend

I watched the professional broadcast on Foxtel channel 504.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
diddley
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Mon 22 Mar 2021 8:17am We're getting no love from the media as usual.

Game just didn't happen.

Pricks.
Normally I would agree.
But even Barrett got onboard this week. Afl.com.au
I think this is the most flattering thing he has said about the club. Almost makes me well up. Especially like the comment about the team win.

“Win in Sydney's west one of Saints' best
No Marshall, King, Ryder, Paton, Geary, Hannebery, Frawley, Crouch. No worries.

Under those player unavailability circumstances, St Kilda's gutsy away win against GWS on Sunday was as good as any of its 11 in 2020 (10 in the home-and-away season, one in the finals), and quite possibly better than most.

Every available player against the Giants played a role. It was the true definition of a team win.

Can't wait for King to return, hopefully for next Saturday night's match against Melbourne.”

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

Bartels comment at 3/4 time was stunning. When asked what he thought would happen in the last 1/4 he commented.

"I would like the Giants to win but I think St.Kilda will win".

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
saint6709
Club Player

Selhurst Saint wrote: Mon 22 Mar 2021 10:38am Bartels comment at 3/4 time was stunning. When asked what he thought would happen in the last 1/4 he commented.

Well that's really quite insightful and relevant to the game - what he really wanted to say was ' I really need to go to the toilet, that lunch doesn't seem to be sitting too well - I just hope I'm ok to have a couple of beers with the boys after the match" - lucky he is such a professional

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Selhurst Saint wrote: Mon 22 Mar 2021 10:38am Bartels comment at 3/4 time was stunning. When asked what he thought would happen in the last 1/4 he commented.

What about the ignoramous who said with about 9 minutes to go and the giants 12 points in front "game over."

I thought at the time Stuff you fool.

mcadam05
Club Player

Bartel is on the Giants Board

saint6709
Club Player

mcadam05 wrote: Mon 22 Mar 2021 2:44pm Bartel is on the Giants Board
Correct - as per the original post - a club staffer doing the commentary for the local (home) team - amateur hour

diddley
Club Player

saint6709 wrote: Mon 22 Mar 2021 8:13pm
Correct - as per the original post - a club staffer doing the commentary for the local (home) team - amateur hour
Yeah. When commentating you really have to show no bias. Unprofessional if you can’t. I blame the commentator for that, not the broadcast team though.

saint6709
Club Player

diddley wrote: Tue 23 Mar 2021 10:20am
saint6709 wrote: Mon 22 Mar 2021 8:13pm
Yeah. When commentating you really have to show no bias. Unprofessional if you can’t. I blame the commentator for that, not the broadcast team though.
But who's organising it ? Bartel didn't just wander in a grab a microphone on his way to get a pie - whichever way you cut it it was a very amateur telecast from the visual, to the sound to the commentary

StPeter
Club Player

ace wrote: Mon 22 Mar 2021 9:15am I watched the professional broadcast on Foxtel channel 504.
It was the same commentary as channel 7 and I thought quite biased and poor.

Not one reference to the free kick imbalance and the many doubtful frees and marks paid in the GWS forward 50.

And yet huge debate about the one questionable free to the Saints and implying it cost GWS the game. We were ahead at the time 30 metres from our goal and in possession with just over a minute to go.

roskilde
SS Hall of Fame

I'm glad I'm not the only one who heard that.

Obviously it has no impact on the game but as a product of entertainment it would be nice not to just have open partisans against your team commenting on the game. Or at least if you've got that fool babbling about how 'Obviously he'd like the Giants [the team he works for] to win' then balance it out with an openly partisan Saint.

This was my father's belief
And this is also mine:
Let the corn be all one sheaf--
And the grapes be all one vine,
Ere our children's teeth are set on edge
By bitter bread and wine.
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Mon 22 Mar 2021 11:18am

What about the ignoramous who said with about 9 minutes to go and the giants 12 points in front "game over."

I thought at the time Stuff you fool.
I’m pretty sure that was after Himmelberg missed an easy shot at goal and he said “if he kicks that it’s almost game over”. Just emphasising what a big miss it was.

My biggest gripe was the amount of time they don’t have the camera on the ball. They are showing replays of dull incidents or coaches / players / supporters reacting to something and missing the actual game. Poor Mr and Mrs Hunter would hardly have seen any of their son’s ruck contests.

And when the ball is on the other side of the ground, I don’t want a long shot. I want to know who has the ball. The commentators don’t usually help. Pretty simple. Close up when players have the ball or are competing for it. Long shots while the ball is in flight.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"