Benny Hill

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Benny Hill

Worst Saint on the ground yesterday.
Soccers the ball off the ground when he needs to put his head over it.
Looked very soft at the contest.

I have been a big fan but he’s been underwhelming since Ryder has been out of the team. Is his form linked to his cousin being dropped?

People calling for Lonie, Geary & Ross to be dropped should have a look at our highest paid recruit.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Re: Benny Hill

Maybe we are just now realizing the emperor has no clothes.
Initially blinded by our newest high priced toy's ability to actually get out on the park (unlike the previous model), we are now starting to come to our senses.
As I posted elsewhere it amazed me that this supposed superstar has the grand total of 15 Brownlow votes in 8 years.
I realize that those Hawks sides had lots of great players competing for votes but those same great players would have also been responsible for dishing out lots of ball to Hill.
As with Hannabery I think our desperation for relevance made us easy pickings for both player and former club.
Can anybody tell me what we paid for him compared to what Hawthorn got from Freo.
Surely his time under the master coach did not improve his value so much!

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Does one or two impressive things per game, but I too am not seeing the hype.

A few times yesterday clearly didn’t go hard enough.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

He’ll come good....I hope... :?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Secret Kiel
Club Player

He's just riding out the gap year. Like many players he couldn't give a stuff about winning an Asterisk. He'll pitch in when the full strength comp starts again.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Sun 12 Jul 2020 10:59am He's just riding out the gap year. Like many players he couldn't give a stuff about winning an Asterisk. He'll pitch in when the full strength comp starts again.
What did you think of his performance, did you watch the game?

Secret Kiel
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Sun 12 Jul 2020 11:02am
Secret Kiel wrote: Sun 12 Jul 2020 10:59am He's just riding out the gap year. Like many players he couldn't give a stuff about winning an Asterisk. He'll pitch in when the full strength comp starts again.
Are you still stoned? I've previously explained to you I prefer to watch and participate in footy live. I haven't watched a game this year but yesterday I did something I rarely do and that is watch the coaches after game presser with the sound up and so I reckon I know just as much as anyone who wasted thier time watching the game and I'm pretty certain I still have way more of a clue about what happened in than you and that is after you dedicated the whole day to the game.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Sun 12 Jul 2020 11:14am
Are you still stoned? I've previously explained to you I prefer to watch and participate in footy live. I haven't watched a game this year but yesterday I did something I rarely do and that is watch the coaches after game presser with the sound up and so I reckon I know just as much as anyone who wasted thier time watching the game and I'm pretty certain I still have way more of a clue about what happened in than you and that is after you dedicated the whole day to the game.
So... you didn’t watch the game then?

Secret Kiel
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Sun 12 Jul 2020 11:21am
Secret Kiel wrote: Sun 12 Jul 2020 11:14am
So... you didn’t watch the game then?
Proof you don't comprehend Cuddles and why you and I have to keep the convo at a really basic level.

Wanna start a discussion about GT and Lyon?

❤❤❤

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Of course he did. The key trait of a hypocrite is the ability to lie. Why is he a hypocrite? For a year that no player or coach apparently cares about, he spends an incredible amount of time on a football forum to give himself some relevance. Again I ask, why?

He's watched every game, he just can't admit it. Now trying to claim that he knows more about what happened in a game than those who watched it. Sounds like a way to join in a discussion about a game if you can believe that.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Brad Hill is a very good footballer, he has the medals and a B&F to say as much. As has been correctly pointed out, he looks amazing when surrounded by equally very good players. We need a Fyfe, a Walters, a Mundy to get bang for our buck. A 2015 Hannebery would have been that. A Josh Kelly or a Bont is desperately needed in our midfield.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Sun 12 Jul 2020 8:13am Worst Saint on the ground yesterday.
Soccers the ball off the ground when he needs to put his head over it.
Looked very soft at the contest.

I have been a big fan but he’s been underwhelming since Ryder has been out of the team. Is his form linked to his cousin being dropped?

People calling for Lonie, Geary & Ross to be dropped should have a look at our highest paid recruit.
Ross and Geary need to be dropped. Bit it probably won't happen. They f*** up the momentum of our ball movement. Time and time again. They don't position themselves to move the ball, they are lead into the play by their opponents. When they get it, it is usually under pressure cause they have the aerobic ability to be there but they are scrappers and butchers. We need to move on from this. It's infectious, demoralizing and completely predictable. Pressure them and you're a shoe in for a turn over.

Being an outside runner for St.Kilda yesterday meant all you did was run back and forward between turnovers. Hill got bashed up off the ball all day. He ran back and forward for a half, then gave up running and tried to avoid the attention. He got let down by ball butchers and the. gave up. Not a leader and not that good in traffic. But I'd drop the other 2 first.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

I'm starting to see Hill as a downhill skier.
Can't recall him chasing anyone at all this season.
Certainly has not effected a run down tackle from memory.

Happy to be corrected if I've missed them.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

hill is cream. first you need a nice cake. we have no nice cake. cream just lays on the plate, useless.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Laurie
Club Player

HiILL =SHOW ME THE MONEY BOOM BOOM

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

so why give up so much for cream?

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote: Sun 12 Jul 2020 12:44pm so why give up so much for cream?
club obviously thought the cake was baking nicely.
instead it's missing some key ingredients and underdone.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Cordz2
Club Player

You'd sail a dinghy into a hurricane and be thankful for the lovely shade of grey. You're not fooling anyone with your silver lining approach to everything when you don't even watch the game through fear of getting emotionally involved. You're not the beacon of hope.

Laurie
Club Player

The cake has been missing key ingredients for some time now we are buying after best before dates ingredients to make it happen.
Does not happen.

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Cordz2 wrote: Sun 12 Jul 2020 1:53pm
You'd sail a dinghy into a hurricane and be thankful for the lovely shade of grey. You're not fooling anyone with your silver lining approach to everything when you don't even watch the game through fear of getting emotionally involved. You're not the beacon of hope.
Absolutely I'm not, if in fact that is what you are seeking. I'm more the micro processor in the navigation system that advises the captain to go around the cyclone...as we call it here in the southern hemisphere.

Cordz2
Club Player

Secret Kiel wrote: Sun 12 Jul 2020 2:32pm
Cordz2 wrote: Sun 12 Jul 2020 1:53pm
Absolutely I'm not, if in fact that is what you are seeking. I'm more the micro processor in the navigation system that advises the captain to go around the cyclone...as we call it here in the southern hemisphere.
Do you thank yourself in the mirror at night for knowing better than everyone?

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Some players put in extra against a former club. Not Brad but, he seemed uneasy/uncomfortable/uncommitted against Freo - and his brother, certainly didn't threaten to hurt anyone or put himself in danger of hard contact. A bit self indulgent? At least the way he is going he won't have to worry about a tight tag or more free meals care of the recruitment manager. If he hasn't realised it yet, in this Saint's side you need to be able to get your own ball, Dunstan is out for the duration.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Makes Billings look like Lenny Hayes in comparison!

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Sun 12 Jul 2020 11:30am
Of course he did. The key trait of a hypocrite is the ability to lie. Why is he a hypocrite? For a year that no player or coach apparently cares about, he spends an incredible amount of time on a football forum to give himself some relevance. Again I ask, why?

He's watched every game, he just can't admit it. Now trying to claim that he knows more about what happened in a game than those who watched it. Sounds like a way to join in a discussion about a game if you can believe that.
Forgive my perception if incorrect, and its just a nagging feeling, but I'm of the opinion that Sardonically Knave does not see the legitimacy of the 2020 season?

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Sun 12 Jul 2020 4:40pm
Ghost Like wrote: Sun 12 Jul 2020 11:30am

Forgive my perception if incorrect, and its just a nagging feeling, but I'm of the opinion that Sardonically Knave does not see the legitimacy of the 2020 season?
In that case, he seems to be investing a whole lot of time and effort in something he supposedly doesn’t care about 🤔

I’m still trying to figure out if he watched the games! ;)