Trade question for all you List Managers

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Nick_BlueNRG
Club Player

Trade question for all you List Managers

Charlie Constable DOB 18/05/1999
Jake Carlisle DOB 01/10/1991

Straight swap with Geelong. Yes/No?

(M)ake (S)t Kilda (S)elf (S)ustainable
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Re: Trade question for all you List Managers

No.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

No for f*** sake. Give it a f****** rest.

Nick_BlueNRG
Club Player

saynta wrote: Sun 05 Jul 2020 8:07pm No for f*** sake. Give it a f****** rest.
I'll tell you why I would consider it Saynta.

1. Carlisle is one back injury away from retiring.
2. He has a maximum of 3 years left after this year.
3. We have a ready made replacement in Logan Austin who we need to give games to (now that he has overcome his injuries).
4. We have Clavarino who is still developing.
5. Constable has been starved of chances and may kill it like Membery, Steele and Bruce if he gets a chance at another club.
6. We need more quality mids.

So what are your reasons for saying no?

By the way, you are a Saintsational legend. Is that because you discuss topics well with other people on here? Or is it because you have posted a certain number of threads?

(M)ake (S)t Kilda (S)elf (S)ustainable
Sanctorum
Club Player

Neither Austin nor Clavarino are anywhere near as good as Jake Carlisle Nick and in the last few games Carllisle has started to recover some of his form when he starred in the Essendon defence. If the Saints are going to play finals then Carlisle's vast experience will be quite crucial.

St Kilda's defence this year is becoming a formidable combination, a real highlight of the team's development under Ratten's coaching panel.

Nevertheless I do like the idea of bringing Charlie Constable to the club as a depth player and as you suggest he could well prove a good investment, he comes from the Dragons so will have a lot of friends here. However he seems unable to break into Geelong's best 22 which raises question marks about his abilities.

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
ace
Saintsational Legend

Hey, Blue Energy, do you realise that Carlisle is not indigenous, he does not have any coal coloured blood in him.
Did he pick up a lump of coal and say don't be afraid to Marc Murphy ?
Why are you picking on him ?

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Nick_BlueNRG wrote: Sun 05 Jul 2020 8:17pm
saynta wrote: Sun 05 Jul 2020 8:07pm No for f*** sake. Give it a f****** rest.
I'll tell you why I would consider it Saynta.

1. Carlisle is one back injury away from retiring.
2. He has a maximum of 3 years left after this year.
3. We have a ready made replacement in Logan Austin who we need to give games to (now that he has overcome his injuries).
4. We have Clavarino who is still developing.
5. Constable has been starved of chances and may kill it like Membery, Steele and Bruce if he gets a chance at another club.
6. We need more quality mids.

So what are your reasons for saying no?

By the way, you are a Saintsational legend. Is that because you discuss topics well with other people on here? Or is it because you have posted a certain number of threads?
:wink:

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Nick_BlueNRG wrote: Sun 05 Jul 2020 8:05pm Charlie Constable DOB 18/05/1999
Jake Carlisle DOB 01/10/1991

Straight swap with Geelong. Yes/No?
Hey Nick - Did Jake run over your dog???

Or did he somehow ruin the greatest Multi known to man??

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

How is Constable going this year?
Hasn't played a game as yet and haven't read anywhere he is injured.
Looks like a former Saint may have taken his spot.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

As a list manager, I'd make sure Carlisle was contracted before I tried to trade him. Did we increase his one year extension to two years?

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Why is anyone replying to this? It is quite sad that a lot of people I respect are.

happy feet
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote: Sun 05 Jul 2020 10:05pm Why is anyone replying to this? It is quite sad that a lot of people I respect are.
Yes, I’m wondering too.

Nobody on here is a list manager and probably never will be.

Playing hypotheticals is pretty boring, as is responding to someone’s who isn’t a list manager and has nothing better than to post I’ll informed ridiculous posts.

Find something constructive to do, you will feel better for it.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

happy feet wrote: Sun 05 Jul 2020 10:22pm
Ghost Like wrote: Sun 05 Jul 2020 10:05pm Why is anyone replying to this? It is quite sad that a lot of people I respect are.
Yes, I’m wondering too.

Nobody on here is a list manager and probably never will be.

Playing hypotheticals is pretty boring, as is responding to someone’s who isn’t a list manager and has nothing better than to post I’ll informed ridiculous posts.

Find something constructive to do, you will feel better for it.
As Oscar Wilde said 'Irony is wasted on the stupid'.

Brilliant responses guys!

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Having failed to garner support with their nonsensical thread suggesting StKilda Football Club trades it's prized key defender Jake Carlisle, likely HPD* sufferer (and possessor of multiple identities) Nick BlueNRG now starts another thread "focusing" on a general trade question. And immediately throws Jake Carlisle on the table AGAIN! What a pitiful soul he / she / they / it is or are!

* Histrionic personality disorder

Saint supporter since '62
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

No. We have Bytel, Ross and Hanneberry and Dunstan. They're inside mids. Constable is a tall inside mid.

Jake's the most experienced defender we have and a very good one too.

If you were asking whether Carlisle for Brandan Parfitt instead? That's a different decision ... Parfitt is the perfect addition to our midfield rotation group - he'd be an absolute weapon in our current team.

Go you red, black & white warriors
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

No - Constable to the best of my knowledge is not a centre half back.
Geelong have an aging, highly skillful midfield, Dangerfield, Ablett, Selwood and Steven (all over 30), and Rohan (29).
They also have two remaining stars of their premiership era on their forward line (Hawkins) and backline (Taylor) (both well into their 30s).
They also brought in a mature age recruit in Josh Jenkins (31) to play up forward.
But they finished on top last season, and are a good chance of winning another flag this season.
They are not doing wholesale trading to get them all out. Because they are all important players. They are still skillful and experienced and help the younger players coming in.
When trading with Geelong, one needs to keep in mind the calibre of the players in the team they are playing alongside which makes them look better than they might normally be.
Carlisle is an important player to our side structurally - and he is perhaps the first legitimate Centre Half Back we have had since Trevor Barker (or Russell Morris).
I have formed the belief that had we had a conventional CHB in 97, 009, or '10, we would have won at least one, or perhaps two Grand Finals during the era 2004-2011, but that hypothesis will never be proven unfortunately.
I would not have been too upset if he had been traded at the end of last year, but I have been impressed by his form since we returned from lockdown.
We keep Carlisle because he will be able to play well into his 30s.
Last edited by samuraisaint on Tue 07 Jul 2020 2:48pm, edited 1 time in total.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote: Mon 06 Jul 2020 12:56pm No - Constable to the best of my knowledge is not a centre half back.
Geelong have an aging, highly skillful midfield, Dangerfield, Ablett, Selwood and Steven (all over 30), and Rohan (29).
They also have two remaining stars of their premiership era on their forward line (Hawkins) and backline (Taylor) (both well into their 30s).
But they finished on top last season, and are a good chance of winning another flag this season.
They are not doing wholesale trading to get them all out. Because they are all important players. They are still skillful and experienced and help the younger players coming in.
When trading with Geelong, one needs to keep in mind the calibre of the players in the team they are playing alongside which makes them look better than they might normally be.
Carlisle is an important player to our side structurally - and he is perhaps the first legitimate Centre Half Back we have had since Trevor Barker (or Russell Morris).
I have formed the belief that had we had a conventional CHB in 97, 009, or '10, we would have won at least one, or perhaps two Grand Finals during the era 2004-2011, but that hypothesis will never be proven unfortunately.
I would not have been too upset if he had been traded at the end of last year, but I have been impressed by his form since we returned from lockdown.
We keep Carlisle because he will be able to play well into his 30s.
Good post chock full of sensible comments.

Would say though, no Kelly, no flag. :D