Goddard Says.....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Goddard Says.....

i think you will find it pretty common from all fans of AFL footy. We don't like player movement and we still have a taboo when it comes to leaving your teammates. Adelaide are the same with Tippett, the Dons fans were trying to find a way to keep Monfries, Get Caddy and Daniher and fit Tippett on radio and even the Pies are crying over potentially having to lose Wellingham and Dawes. It's just the way our comp works.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Goddard Says.....

People seem to be forgetting something in this whole BJ saga. And by that I mean those people who are saying “why didn’t we match the offer” or “why didn’t we find a bit more” or “why didn’t we offer a 4th year” etc.

Let’s assume that what Westaway, Watters, Pelchen etc are saying is true (and that might be a stretch for some on here :wink: ).

Now quite a few other players re-signed during the year including a few in recent months. Presumably the offers put to those players were done so on the basis of what the club is now trying to do with their list management. Maybe they ultimately had to settle for less than they wanted, or thought they were worth. Maybe there were requests for additional years that were knocked back. They would have had to buy in to the new direction the club was heading; one it hoped will prove to be successful and financially sustainable.

What would those players have thought if the club had’ve caved in to Goddard’s demands? How would you feel if you had been persuaded to take less for the greater good and then found out there were “exceptions”? Not real good I suspect.

There really is no “I” in Team.

And now there is no “BJ” in “Our Team”.