Reserved Seats !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

benengel14
Club Player

Saint66au, Fid, Eastern etc.

I invite you to tell me which of the scenarios on page 2 you would deem to not lead to the apocalypse.

Or are they all severely offensive situations that you can't possible live with?

The vast majority of invited opposition guests are completely aware and appreciative of the fact that they are in a opposition reserved seat area and act accordingly.

There are appropriate avenues for dealing with offensive/abusive supporters - and everyone here would encourage the use of appropriate channels for this sort of behaviour.
But really, I can't understand how the mere presence of an opposition supporter can get some of you so worked up?

Or maybe you should fork the extra cash to sit in a sterile atmosphere somewhere else where there's no support at all.
Last edited by benengel14 on Mon 30 Mar 2009 5:37pm, edited 2 times in total.

loris
Saintsational Legend

The worst thing is sitting next to a whinging saint supporter who bags saints players all day, even if a player is playing to the best of his ability and trying his hardest. Whinging Sainters are the pits IMHO :evil:

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:The worst thing is sitting next to a whinging saint supporter who bags saints players all day, even if a player is playing to the best of his ability and trying his hardest. Whinging Sainters are the pits IMHO :evil:
Totally agree Loris, one billion %..but a nasty, shyestirring opposition fan runs a close second...especially when their Saints-fan friends seem to think its funny that he's causing so much angst

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
stinger
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:I buy two reserved seats at the dome!

As I lead a George Clooney lifestyle I use my spare seat for a different and very lucky girl each week and if anyone is suggesting that I cannot bring whoever I like to sit in this seat with me, providing they are are not an opposition supporter, ( would never do this ) then I would politely suggest to anyone who was going to stop me to go forth and multiply!

I pay good money for this extra seat and I will allow whoever I choose to sit in it!

once again we agree........i'm told that some opposition supporters of the fairer sex scrub up okay but.....so why limit yourself..........filth excluded of course....

...it's a very stupid argument anyway.......the missus is a roos supporter......she is also a st kilda social club member,,,,, she often comes to the footbll with me...in melbourne and interstate....she supports the saints ..unless of course we are playing the roos...then she supports them....i know of at least three other couples who have similar footballing dynamics......so what......some very precious posters on here ffs.... :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
loris wrote:The worst thing is sitting next to a whinging saint supporter who bags saints players all day, even if a player is playing to the best of his ability and trying his hardest. Whinging Sainters are the pits IMHO :evil:
Totally agree Loris, one billion %..but a nasty, shyestirring opposition fan runs a close second...especially when their Saints-fan friends seem to think its funny that he's causing so much angst

my friends don't behave like that...and if they did i wouldn't go to the footy with them again......but like loris i also hate whinging saints supporters....feel like decking them.....maybe i will.....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:i think some people need to worry about more important things ffs....

whaaaaa
opp supporters next to me...no fair :cry: ....
i mean shesh
trying to tell us its ripping the club off....be real.
the seats PAID for.

if people arent checking tickets at the top of the aisle when peeps go to their seats then whinge to the stadium.
maybe we could do what i used to see as a kid at Upton Park.
95%of Hammers fans around the ground and 5% opp supporters in a caged enclosure floor to ceiling over in a corner.

8-)

last year at bangers last home and away match.....the social club was sold out......i wanted to sit on level two rather than with the riff raff on level 3...so i got a ticket through ticketmaster....right in the middle of opposition supporters....one of them is now a friend......

stinger
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:
saint66au wrote:I guess this thread proves that everyone has their own ideas and preferences as to what they want from a day/night at the footy...but I still maintain that in a reserved seating area some sort of courtesy for the people around you is just plain good manners. Maybe ask them do they mind if you bring an opposition fan next game if they promise to behave?

hey stinger just one question for you? You are OK with bringing your oppo friends to your reserved seats, but how would you feel if, when we play Essendon, someone near you brought their loud vociferous Essendon mate near wherever you sit...who proceeded to sledge Saints players all game?
Im just curious..as you are perhaps the least tolerant on here of opposition fans who wander in intent on a similar kind of mischief 8-) ...and in this case I can see the similarities between SS and a Saints reserved seat area at a game.

Its a honest question..dont bite my bloody head off 8-)
<stinger mode> FFS......do i have to think for you......flowering flowers....hate opposition supporters....FFS... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: </stinger mode>

wrong..... :roll: :roll:

markp
Saintsational Legend

They are a peculiar breed indeed... I was standing next to 3 of them for the first half... constant bagging of their own, not a positive word from any of the players, even when we started to turn the tide.

According to them Milne was the worst footballer out there, and we should've gotten rid of him, and all our 'boofheads' (which it seemed meant most of the team, but particularly Raph and Gwilt) years ago.... Their favourite expressions were '(groan...) here we go again', '(groan...) no idea' and '(groan...) don't kick it to him, he's useless'....

Do people like this really enjoy going to the footy?... Why do they bother? They seem to revel wallowing in defeat... it's very sad.
Last edited by markp on Mon 30 Mar 2009 5:53pm, edited 1 time in total.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
hey stinger just one question for you? You are OK with bringing your oppo friends to your reserved seats,

anyway........i have social club membership....no reserved seat.....i sit where i like....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
They are a peculiar breed indeed... I was standing next to 3 of them for the first half... constant bagging of their own, not a positive word from any of them, even when we started to turn the tide.

According to them Milne was the worst footballer out there, and we should've gotten rid of him, and all our 'boofheads' (which it seemed meant most of the team, but particularly Raph and Gwilt) years ago.... Their favourite expressions were '(groan...) here we go again', '(groan...) no idea' and '(groan...) don't kick it to him, he's useless'....

Do people like this really enjoy going to the footy?... Why do they bother? They seem to revel wallowing in defeat... it's very sad.

how much do you wanna bet that at least one of them posts on here.....

markp
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
markp wrote:
They are a peculiar breed indeed... I was standing next to 3 of them for the first half... constant bagging of their own, not a positive word from any of them, even when we started to turn the tide.

Fair chance!

I looked at em and thought, 'I hope I haven't wasted any time responding to your posts, you're all miserable peanuts'.... :wink: :lol:
Last edited by markp on Mon 30 Mar 2009 5:58pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Well.....maybe I might wear a WC jumper smack bang in the middle of the reserved seats in 2 weeks time.....

I'm not breaking any rules, It's my name on the ticket.

I wonder what will happen then.....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:[

I looked at em and thought, 'I hope I haven't wasted any time responding to your posts, you're all miserable peanuts'.... :wink: :lol:

:lol: :wink:

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
They are a peculiar breed indeed... I was standing next to 3 of them for the first half... constant bagging of their own, not a positive word from any of the players, even when we started to turn the tide.

Koschitzke was receiving a fair serve from the standing room area behind the social club section.......Up until half way into the 2nd that is....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

The Saintsational Man wrote:Well.....maybe I might wear a WC jumper smack bang in the middle of the reserved seats in 2 weeks time.....

why would you want to do that ???....

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
stinger wrote:
markp wrote:

Fair chance!

LOL

The MW aint immune either trust me....2 blokes behind me were bemoaning that we had "undone ALLL the hard work" with the Swans junktime goals....I had to ask them were we 15 points in front or behind???

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
SaintDebi
Club Player

So called "supporters" who bag our boys bug me big time too. Aren't we meant to be there to SUPPORT the team?

And just on the subject of letting others use spare reserved seats:
One eyed saints supporting daughter has been a member for 10 or so years, since she was 10. Now has to work to put herself through uni and we know that the games she can get to will be limited. Memberships are a luxury we make sacrifices for, so:
Option1 - She comes to every game she can get to and we bring a guest (who is usually a Saint supporter, and who is never obnoxious or calling attention to themselves to annoy others), and we can justify our expense knowing we are making good use of our investment. And who knows, maybe experiencing the excitement of the game will encourage them to think about their own memberships in future.
OR:
Option 2 - spending good money on something we know we will not make good use of makes no financial sense when we have limited disposable funds. Therefore makes sense not to renew and the club loses a long standing member whose circumstances will hopefully change in the future to allow her to attend all games again.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

SaintDebi wrote:So called "supporters" who bag our boys bug me big time too. Aren't we meant to be there to SUPPORT the team?

And just on the subject of letting others use spare reserved seats:
One eyed saints supporting daughter has been a member for 10 or so years, since she was 10. Now has to work to put herself through uni and we know that the games she can get to will be limited. Memberships are a luxury we make sacrifices for, so:
Option1 - She comes to every game she can get to and we bring a guest (who is usually a Saint supporter, and who is never obnoxious or calling attention to themselves to annoy others), and we can justify our expense knowing we are making good use of our investment. And who knows, maybe experiencing the excitement of the game will encourage them to think about their own memberships in future.
OR:
Option 2 - spending good money on something we know we will not make good use of makes no financial sense when we have limited disposable funds. Therefore makes sense not to renew and the club loses a long standing member whose circumstances will hopefully change in the future to allow her to attend all games again.
well....you are too practical for some on here......

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

we bring a guest (who is usually a Saint supporter, and who is never obnoxious or calling attention to themselves to annoy others)
hit.nail.head :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
we bring a guest (who is usually a Saint supporter, and who is never obnoxious or calling attention to themselves to annoy others)

she said usually....not exclusively..... :roll:

benengel14
Club Player

saint66au wrote:
Agreed I just hope that an outspoken minority isn't able to make such an option harder or impossible for you.
If ES/TD/Club want to make it harder for us - then there's little we can do - but no need to encourage them!

Solar
Saintsational Legend

agreed

the bulls*** this guy behind me went on with when we gave up a couple of late goals on saturday night was a sight to behold. I turned around and reminded him that the team of the past 2 years in geelong rested their star player scarlett and a half strength hawthorn team nearly pinched it from them. These things happen in round 1 if you actually followed the game.

sorry but the guy potted jason blake after a very good game.

They are the same ones that refuse to support the boys and actually seem to thrive when they make a mistake....

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
agreed

the bulls*** this guy behind me went on with when we gave up a couple of late goals on saturday night was a sight to behold. I turned around and reminded him that the team of the past 2 years in geelong rested their star player scarlett and a half strength hawthorn team nearly pinched it from them. These things happen in round 1 if you actually followed the game.

sorry but the guy potted jason blake after a very good game.

They are the same ones that refuse to support the boys and actually seem to thrive when they make a mistake....
Yes I remember you having a go at me.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:

they will also bag a player even though it's plain to see they have done their hammy an hour ago and the player is in fact jimmy gwilt.

They also boo when we kick it backwards and set up across the ground to beat the rolling zone :roll:

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
The Saintsational Man
Club Player

stinger wrote:
The Saintsational Man wrote:Well.....maybe I might wear a WC jumper smack bang in the middle of the reserved seats in 2 weeks time.....

why would you want to do that ???....
Dunno to be honest.....I get bored sometimes and try to find ways to entertain myself.....

I guess i could find more practical ways to do so..... :?