Reserved Seats !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Reserved Seats !!

I was disappointed to again find opposition fans in our reserved seat area last night. They were sitting between aisles 36 & 37, Row M on Level 1. We pay a premium in that area to sit with SAINTS FANS and this hapens all too often. I don't blame the club for this, I blame those individuals who hand their membership cards over to others to use when they can't/don't.

An email has been sent to the club giving the exact seats that were used. I await a response !!

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Re: Reserved Seats !!

Eastern wrote:I was disappointed to again find opposition fans in our reserved seat area last night. They were sitting between aisles 36 & 37, Row M on Level 1. We pay a premium in that area to sit with SAINTS FANS and this hapens all too often. I don't blame the club for this, I blame those individuals who hand their membership cards over to others to use when they can't/don't.

An email has been sent to the club giving the exact seats that were used. I await a response !!
May I suggest that you also send it to Collo....

Tell him also that he employs lazy staff that don't even check for memberships in reserved seating areas...

My family are reserved seat holders but we just walked straight in without even being checked.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Scottish Saint
Club Player

The steward in aisle 32 was pretty vigilant - he asked several people to leave.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

The Steward in Aisle 20 was very tight.

At the end of half time I even noted one Saints fan trying to take her to task for not letting him and his two kids in temporarily ( he want to get near the race where the player run in). She held firm...no printed seat ticket = no entry.

Certainly was the most dilgent I had seen in comparison tp previous years.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:I was disappointed to again find opposition fans in our reserved seat area last night. They were sitting between aisles 36 & 37, Row M on Level 1. We pay a premium in that area to sit with SAINTS FANS and this hapens all too often. I don't blame the club for this, I blame those individuals who hand their membership cards over to others to use when they can't/don't.

Were they being abusive?

Were they drunk?

Were they using bad language?

I'd have to assume that they wern't/didn't as clearly you would have posted it......

Actually taking note of the seat numbers and sending these to representitive at the club would have to be one of the saddest acts I have ever heard of.

Acting on the assumption that you believe people gave out their tickets - and it wasn't just lazy telstra staff.....Seriously have a cry.

Not everyone is as fortunate as you to buy 'premium' tickets each and every year.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

The girl in Aisle 35 Level 3 was completely hopeless.

The 2 reserved seats in front of me were vacant..so I reckon we asked a dozen pairs of people who tried to sit there to move cos they were reserved seating..they were always apologetic and moved..but..the clueless girl at the otp of the stairs didnt check one single ticket the whole night and made NO attempt to tell people that the front 6 rows of the MW are reserved seating

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:The Steward in Aisle 20 was very tight.

At the end of half time I even noted one Saints fan trying to take her to task for not letting him and his two kids in temporarily ( he want to get near the race where the player run in). She held firm...no printed seat ticket = no entry.

Certainly was the most dilgent I had seen in comparison tp previous years.
Well there seems to be some inconsistencies with the staff and maybe some need to be more diligent in their duties...

Up at the Moorabbin Wing, the staff member there was atroucious, but I did notice later on in the match she was replaced.

But still, there was no checking for memberships reserved seating after each break in the game and a few just wandered in...

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Eastern wrote:I blame those individuals who hand their membership cards over to others to use when they can't/don't.

Youre wasting your time emailing, i know a member that buys 4 seats every year all in his companies name that he brings his clients/relos who either follow the saints or the team who we are playing, how can we expect the club, the dome officials or anyone in authority to stop this from happening

Before Im 85
The Saintsational Man
Club Player

In the end the people who paid for them, own those seats for when ever we play there.

Though I'd rather saints fans sitting around me, should they choose to give their tickets to opposition supporters, they should be allowed to.

Makes it more fun when we beat them, then we can give them a spray!

:twisted:

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:

Were they being abusive?

Were they drunk?

Were they using bad language?

I'd have to assume that they wern't/didn't as clearly you would have posted it......

Actually taking note of the seat numbers and sending these to representitive at the club would have to be one of the saddest acts I have ever heard of.

Acting on the assumption that you believe people gave out their tickets - and it wasn't just lazy telstra staff.....Seriously have a cry.

Not everyone is as fortunate as you to buy 'premium' tickets each and every year.
The club must have too much ink? Is there another reason why they have Non-Transferable on reserved seat membership cards? Those who want Transferable seats can do so through Medelion Club and/or Access 1!!

SaintDebi
Club Player

The Saintsational Man wrote:In the end the people who paid for them, own those seats for when ever we play there.

Though I'd rather saints fans sitting around me, should they choose to give their tickets to opposition supporters, they should be allowed to.

Makes it more fun when we beat them, then we can give them a spray!

:twisted:
They actually are not allowed to. The tickets are clearly marked not transferrable. However, having said that I have been guilty of bringing "guests"when one of our seats is vacant. I fully understand why its not allowed. Obviously we want the revenue so we want these people to buy and pay for thesir own seats. I justify myself by knowing that the people I bring would definitely not be in a position to buy a seat and would otherwise not see a live game of footy, and that seat would otherwise just be empty. Very rarely have I bought an opposition supporter and when I have it has been a young lad with strict rules laid out: no club colours and no vocal supporting.
Still I know many will be annoyed that I have done so, (and rightly so, strictly speaking). However I really think the problem is with loud, abusive opposition supporters
Incidentally, I suspect that some spare seats in the reserved seat area are actually sold off to the public for some games, because I have seen a number of people entering with paper tickets that ARE checked on the way in, and sitting in groups in the back rows.

Shades
Club Player

I pay for my seats il bring who ever i want.

i am sick of the kids sitting on the steps at the gate on lev 1

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

On the subject of reserved seats...

I still have my reserved seat on level 2,yes i had to join the social club,anyway Max Hudghton sat 2 rows behind me on the otherside of the aisle,Goose was there with him for awhile plus an assortment of hangers on.There hasn't been any Saints players there before...

I'm wondering if the Club is using unsold seats for the players...

These seats were previously taken by the fans....

Maybe the Social club condition for renewal has meant supporteres haven't renewed which has given the club an alternate seating area for it's players....

Time will tell,it may be a one off.....

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Shades wrote:I pay for my seats il bring who ever i want.

No you can't...

Why should you to start with???

This money goes to the Club, and if people want reserved seats they should have to pay for them.

Simply really, they are not transferable....

Get you mates to buy a reserved seat, you are just ripping off the Club by just giving your seats away, if they are genuine supporters they should buy a reserved seat.

How basic is that :idea:

Again, your seats are not transferable and you have NO right to give them away

Solar
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:On the subject of reserved seats...

I still have my reserved seat on level 2,yes i had to join the social club,anyway Max Hudghton sat 2 rows behind me on the otherside of the aisle,Goose was there with him for awhile plus an assortment of hangers on.There hasn't been any Saints players there before...

Maybe the Social club condition for renewal has meant supporteres haven't renewed which has given the club an alternate seating area for it's players....

I did notice that the players were not in the level 1 social club area like they used to be.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:

I did notice that the players were not in the level 1 social club area like they used to be.
Most non-players were between aisle 18-19 about row N for the first half, but not too many came back after the break.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:
Solar wrote:

Most non-players were between aisle 18-19 about row N for the first half, but not too many came back after the break.
ok maybe I was not used to being so far over in aisle 20 cheers :)

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Anyone here who claims they have not used a non-transferable ticket for any event, or given their ticket to another is a liar.

And tears for all those who think otherwise - If the issue doesn't directly effect you, in terms of bad behavior, or that they are sitting in 'your' seats....why the hell should you care. Seriously - get a life.

Enough said.

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

I think most people buy reserved seats so that they will be surrounded by like minded supporters. ie. other Sainters. I know that's why I have a reserved seat & I can tell you I am not happy when there are opposition supporters sitting nearby. I pay good money for that luxury for my children & I & hate having my day spoilt. Especially if we lose. :?

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

snoopygirl wrote:I think most people buy reserved seats so that they will be surrounded by like minded supporters. ie. other Sainters. I know that's why I have a reserved seat & I can tell you I am not happy when there are opposition supporters sitting nearby. I pay good money for that luxury for my children & I & hate having my day spoilt. Especially if we lose. :?
I think most people buy a reserved seat to ensure they have a seat for each match in a location respective to the ground that they appreciate.

Whats stopping an opposition supporter from purchasing a membership, reserving seats and watching Saints games....

You don't 'buy' the luxury of who you sit next to - you just buy that one and only seat.

Shades
Club Player

My dad and i have a seat each if he cant get to the game and i have a mate that goes for the team we are playing i will bring them.

St Fidelius wrote:
Shades wrote:I pay for my seats il bring who ever i want.

No you can't...

Why should you to start with???

This money goes to the Club, and if people want reserved seats they should have to pay for them.

Simply really, they are not transferable....

Get you mates to buy a reserved seat, you are just ripping off the Club by just giving your seats away, if they are genuine supporters they should buy a reserved seat.

How basic is that :idea:

Again, your seats are not transferable and you have NO right to give them away

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

snoopygirl wrote:I think most people buy reserved seats so that they will be surrounded by like minded supporters. ie. other Sainters. I know that's why I have a reserved seat & I can tell you I am not happy when there are opposition supporters sitting nearby. I pay good money for that luxury for my children & I & hate having my day spoilt. Especially if we lose. :?
I have reserved seats.

Are you saying that if I cannot go, for whatever reason, those seats should be vacant?

That I cannot give those tickets to members of my family, who happen to barrack for other teams, because you only want your children to be surrounded by Saints supporters only?

Last night I had to put up with some of the most irritating and obnoxious supporters I've ever come across, and they were Saints supporters. If they're there next game there will be 3 reserved seats up for grabs.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
I have reserved seats.

Are you saying that if I cannot go, for whatever reason, those seats should be vacant?

That I cannot give those tickets to members of my family, who happen to barrack for other teams, because you only want your children to be surrounded by Saints supporters only?

Last night I had to put up with some of the most irritating and obnoxious supporters I've ever come across, and they were Saints supporters. If they're there next game there will be 3 reserved seats up for grabs.
Pretty simple really THEY ARE NOT TRANSFERABLE!

Get you mates and for other saints supporters to purchase a reserved seat...

You lot that do this are simply ripping off the Club,

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

St Fidelius wrote:You lot that do this are simply ripping off the Club
Sorry Fid, I don't agree. I've never given my seat to another, but I paid for it, and will if I want to. If the club don't like it too bad, their non transferrable rules notwithstanding. That seat is paid for for 16 games. It'll be filled by whoever I want (so far, and for the forseeable future, always me).

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote: Pretty simple really THEY ARE NOT TRANSFERABLE!

Get you mates and for other saints supporters to purchase a reserved seat...

You lot that do this are simply ripping off the Club,
Ripping off the club?

How would that be?

They are not being transferred. I just happen to elect to allow a family member or friend to use it on the day. I have used my hard earned to purchase that ticket and I will use it as I see fit.

Ripping off the club, my arse.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell