On Collingwood and their supporters

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Beekay wrote:
Armoooo wrote: Footy is like religion, you shouldn't hold someone's beliefs against them or generalise....
Football is nothing like religion!

Someone going to clap on 22 blokes for a bit of fun is different to organisations developed to control fools and have them waste their life pretending to be decent when in fact they hardly get off their arses and do anything.

Football is comforting and fun!

Religion is comforting (if living blissfully unaware is comfort) and amazingly stupid.

you got some issues there mate..... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
snoopygirl
SS Life Member

CeilidhSaint wrote:
We had a rule on the birth of our child - boy Sainter or girl Pie - Saints now have had an additional member for the last two years! He will be gold member before he even knows who he barracks for probably!!!
My ex & I had a similar agreement, girl Sainter, boy Pie. Worked well when we had our daughter, but then when our son was born. :shock: Used to sing our theme song to get him to sleep. :D It worked.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

snoopygirl wrote:
CeilidhSaint wrote:
We had a rule on the birth of our child - boy Sainter or girl Pie - Saints now have had an additional member for the last two years! He will be gold member before he even knows who he barracks for probably!!!
My ex & I had a similar agreement, girl Sainter, boy Pie. Worked well when we had our daughter, but then when our son was born. :shock: Used to sing our theme song to get him to sleep. :D It worked.
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: ...did the same with one of my grandsons...worked too.......his dad...a hawk.....still doesn't know where he went wrong......but fancy being married to a filth supporter......no wonder he's an ex.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

snoopygirl wrote:
CeilidhSaint wrote:
My ex was a Pie and I had a slightly altered agreement.

Son = Saint

Daughter = Saint.

No correspondence entered into.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Anyone who forces their child to support Collingwood is guilty of child abuse.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
saint vince
Club Player

3rd generation saint wrote:Anyone who forces their child to support Collingwood is guilty of child abuse.
In the 80's I used to tell my dad he was guilty of child abuse for forcing us to barrack for St.Kilda. I always said I wouldn't do it to my kids. Butmy boy is 4 and has already seentwo prelims so he is going alright now.

Superboot
SS Hall of Fame

Collingwood seems to me to have the broadest spectrum of supporters. They range from Frank Galbally and Ranald McDonald establishment types, to the hoards of scary great unwashed types with straggly hair, tats, and missing teeth.

The problem with Collingwood is that they seem to have a far greater proportion of the latter group than any other club. You see people at Collingwood games that you seriously never see in the course of a normal day living in Melbourne.

Some of these people are perfectly well behaved but their presence, to those of who live a relatively sheltered life, can nevertheless be a bit un-nerving.

I guess I'm sounding like a snob here, so apologies if I am.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

A few up at the local are Collingwood supporters... not bad sorts as far as their behaviour goes, even when a Pies game is on... I expect I'll be having a beer with one or two of them tonight.

One of them however, brought along a group of Pies supporters for the SF last year. They were chanting their cheer squad songs in the pub which I found quite obnoxious and uncalled-for. This isn't the A League...

I was rather relieved when the Saints came up in that one. And I live in hope that the visitors got an education in social manners from the Saints supporters there who cheered the team on but didn't otherwise heckle or goad the opposition fans. I live in hope.

Shades
Club Player

1. Your reading my comment
2. Now your saying/thinking thats a stupid fact.
4. You didnt notice that i skipped 3.
5. Your checking it now.
6. Your smiling.
7. Your still reading my comment.
8. You know all you have read is true.
10. You didnt notice that i skipped 9.
11. Your checking it now.
12. You didnt notice there are only 10 facts