Reserved Seats !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

On one occasion I gave two seats away to an admin on this site (my son was not well and my wife stayed home)...

He sat there and never even said thanks....

I will NEVER do it again, not for the fact that this mod/admin considered that it was his right and never bothered to thank me, but it is really ripping the Club off.

If you want a seat BUY a reserved seat, how basic is that :idea:

I pay decent money for three reserved seats and again they are NON TRANSFERABLE....

Don't rip off the Club either get in early or purchase reserved seats...

Pretty simple really...

DON'T RIP OUR CLUB OFF!

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

St DAC wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:You lot that do this are simply ripping off the Club
Sorry Fid, I don't agree. I've never given my seat to another, but I paid for it, and will if I want to. If the club don't like it too bad, their non transferrable rules notwithstanding. That seat is paid for for 16 games. It'll be filled by whoever I want (so far, and for the forseeable future, always me).
Agree 100% on this.

St Fid - whilst you are taking the upper Moral High Ground and are technically correct - it is not realistic to expect people to adhere to this rule.

IF the club/Docklands management insisted on photo ID on membership cards that were actually checked by attendants, then you would have a case to answer.

The REAL issue IMO that bugs most Saints reserved seat holders is passing on your ticket to opposition fans, not to fellow Saints fans (or neutrals) IMO.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I might need to clarify the OP.

The pair who were in there seemed to be "RANDOMS" who may or may not have purchased these seats through legitimate channels.

These seats are in the Social Club area of L1 and if they can be purchased by General Admission fans the club needs to have a good look at its deal with the Stadium !!

spyglass
Club Player

Eastern, the OP said aisles 36/37, but your latest post says the social club area. I thought the social club area was aisles 18/22 ish. If it was aisles 36/37 that these people were in then my understanding is that the stadium can sell any unsold seats in this area.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:On one occasion I gave two seats away to an admin on this site (my son was not well and my wife stayed home)...

I will NEVER do it again, not for the fact that this mod/admin considered that it was his right and never bothered to thank me, but it is really ripping the Club off.

I pay decent money for three reserved seats and again they are NON TRANSFERABLE....

Pretty simple really...

DON'T RIP OUR CLUB OFF!

The club has not problem ripping us off.

And on a more specific note, the back of my card does not state "Non-transferable except for circumstance where St. Fid feels like giving his tickets to others'.

You can't bat for both teams - so don't act like you do.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

spyglass wrote:Eastern, the OP said aisles 36/37, but your latest post says the social club area. I thought the social club area was aisles 18/22 ish. If it was aisles 36/37 that these people were in then my understanding is that the stadium can sell any unsold seats in this area.
I also thought Lvl 1, Aisle 36/37 was Social CLub reserved seats?

Or it may be Football CLub Members Reserved Seating?

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:On one occasion I gave two seats away to an admin on this site (my son was not well and my wife stayed home)...

Pretty simple really...

DON'T RIP OUR CLUB OFF!

The club has not problem ripping us off.

And on a more specific note, the back of my card does not state "Non-transferable except for circumstance where St. Fid feels like giving his tickets to others'.

You can't bat for both teams - so don't act like you do.
I did NOT give my ticket to others, it was requested by another admin that this admin and friend sit on those two vacant seats, but NEVER again...

I AM NOT BATTING FOR TWO SIDES!

It happened the ONCE to me, but I do see it happen to other seats that are meant to be reserved.

The card I have does states NON-TRANSFERABLE...

Pretty basic really, get these members to sign up for reserved seats

:idea:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

The seats are not being transferred. I still own them for that event.

Who I let use them, is my prerogative and nobody will tell me what I can, or can't do with them.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

A quote from the reserved seat section of the membership brochure..

Benefits include:
+ Guaranteed entry and seat for all home games.
+ Priority to your choice of seat before general
public sales
+ Fully ticketed home games are no longer an
issue as you simply scan your Membership
through the turnstiles and proceed to your seat.
+ No need to queue at the match day box office,
so you have more time to cheer on the team
+ Sit in seating areas that are exclusive to
St Kilda Members

and also...

Cheer the mighty Saints in your own seat
amongst fellow passionate Saints

Snoops is right..many members buy reserved seats to avoid opposition fans. I know I do. Id be mightily peeved if a Saints member let his seat be used by a opposition fan anywhere near me.

Its all about respecting the people you sit around. Fortuanately on the MW we are a large group who pretty much all knew each other well before part of it was made reserved seating. Not only do people not bring oppostion friends, many people wont evne bring oppo fans into the GA areas...both out of respect to fellow Wingers..and because it wouldnt really be a pleasant place for oppo fans to watch the game!!!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote: Snoops is right..many members buy reserved seats to avoid opposition fans. I know I do. Id be mightily peeved if a Saints member let his seat be used by a opposition fan anywhere near me.

Its all about respecting the people you sit around. Fortuanately on the MW we are a large group who pretty much all knew each other well before part of it was made reserved seating. Not only do people not bring oppostion friends, many people wont evne bring oppo fans into the GA areas...both out of respect to fellow Wingers..and because it wouldnt really be a pleasant place for oppo fans to watch the game!!!
How boring! You might as watch it on tele.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

This discussion has raised a really interesting question for me.

Does the 'NON-TRANSFERABLE' printed on my Membership Card apply to the actual Membership Card, the Reserved Seat or both?

I know for a fact that in previous years when the President used to host a lunch/dinner, his guests were given seats within the Social Club area on L2 to view the game. These guests varied from match to match and therefore the seats were used by different people each game.

Telstra Dome sells Access1 seats on L2 to individuals and Corporates who can use them for any game at TD (I'm not calling it the new name) so therefore those seats are obviously transferable.

The Medallion Club seats are similar to Access1 seats in that they are fully transferable.

My best guess therefore (and I'm not a lawyer) is that the Membership Card is 'not transferable' and the purchase of the Reserved Seat gives that Member the right to that seat for the game.
BUT if another person uses his/her membership to enter the ground (or buys a daily ticket) then the nominal Reserved Seat Holder can allow the other person the use of the seat.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote: + Sit in seating areas that are exclusive to
St Kilda Members
[/i]
Well if this is what u are paying for (above) and that is not being provided then the club or the stadium (whoever, presuming club) isnt keeping up their end of the deal.

ask for ya money back
:twisted:

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:This discussion has raised a really interesting question for me.

Does the 'NON-TRANSFERABLE' printed on my Membership Card apply to the actual Membership Card, the Reserved Seat or both?

I know for a fact that in previous years when the President used to host a lunch/dinner, his guests were given seats within the Social Club area on L2 to view the game. These guests varied from match to match and therefore the seats were used by different people each game.

Telstra Dome sells Access1 seats on L2 to individuals and Corporates who can use them for any game at TD (I'm not calling it the new name) so therefore those seats are obviously transferable.

The Medallion Club seats are similar to Access1 seats in that they are fully transferable.

My best guess therefore (and I'm not a lawyer) is that the Membership Card is 'not transferable' and the purchase of the Reserved Seat gives that Member the right to that seat for the game.
BUT if another person uses his/her membership to enter the ground (or buys a daily ticket) then the nominal Reserved Seat Holder can allow the other person the use of the seat.

yes I would suggest both...

The - NON TRANSFERABLE, on the back of members cards would have to include reserved seats...

My family has this printed on the back of our membership..NON-TRANSFERSABLE, to me it's pretty basic....

Pay up ! and not wine about the clubs finances, I would bet some on here complain about the Clubs profits and yet "free load" on some seats that are meant to be reserved.

BY A RESERVED SEAT AND STOP RIPPING OFF THE CLUB!

This is directed to the wingers and wingers that are habitual complainants..

BUY A FLOWERING MEMBERSHIP AND A RESERVED SEAT!

Otherwise you wont be getting any more freebies from me...

(again, it happened the once and never again)

BUY A RESERVED SEAT AND STOP RIPPING OFF THE CLUB !!!!!

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Actually, I'm not sure you're costing the Club anything?

How's this for an example?

I can buy a general admission (GA) ticket without a reserved seat attached to it.
If my mate has 2 reserved seats (1 for him and 1 for his missus) then the Club has collected the money for both seats whether anybody uses them or not.
If my mate lets me use his seat, how has the Club lost anything?
They've been paid for the seat and I've purchased the GA ticket.

What about the scenario where I have seats on L2 adn some of my seats aren't being used because some of the seatholders are playing footy during our daytime games. Why shouldn't I let some of my friends who also have seats, but in worse positions, use my spares for the day?

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:Actually, I'm not sure you're costing the Club anything?

How's this for an example?

I can buy a general admission (GA) ticket without a reserved seat attached to it.
If my mate has 2 reserved seats (1 for him and 1 for his missus) then the Club has collected the money for both seats whether anybody uses them or not.
If my mate lets me use his seat, how has the Club lost anything?
They've been paid for the seat and I've purchased the GA ticket.

What about the scenario where I have seats on L2 adn some of my seats aren't being used because some of the seatholders are playing footy during our daytime games. Why shouldn't I let some of my friends who also have seats, but in worse positions, use my spares for the day?

Why don't we all stop being so precious and stop intruding on the lives of others.

Not everyone is in the same financial position as everyone else, and plus as if eveyone on here wouldn't give an extra ticket to a family member if they had a vacant one......

Technically it's not allowed - But everyone has done it and will continue to do it so stop proclaiming as if you don't.

PS Magic - I agree.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:This discussion has raised a really interesting question for me.

yes I would suggest both...

The - NON TRANSFERABLE, on the back of members cards would have to include reserved seats...

My family has this printed on the back of our membership..NON-TRANSFERSABLE, to me it's pretty basic....

Pay up ! and not wine about the clubs finances, I would bet some on here complain about the Clubs profits and yet "free load" on some seats that are meant to be reserved.

BY A RESERVED SEAT AND STOP RIPPING OFF THE CLUB!

This is directed to the wingers and wingers that are habitual complainants..

BUY A FLOWERING MEMBERSHIP AND A RESERVED SEAT!

Otherwise you wont be getting any more freebies from me...

(again, it happened the once and never again)

BUY A RESERVED SEAT AND STOP RIPPING OFF THE CLUB !!!!!
Turn this s*** up.

benengel14
Club Player

I can't believe this attitude. And the fact that you'd report another member is disgraceful unless there was abusive or threatening behaviour on their behalf.

I simply can't understand how anyone on this forum would be championing the strict legal terms and conditions of memberships when it lowers the value of the membership.

I can understand from a club/stadium perspective - increased gate receipts. But surely us supporters can understand the benefits of being able to bring other non-reserved seat people to sit next to each other?

Issue 1: Presence of Opposition - The opposition is as much part of football as the umpires, oval and players. None of them are going anywhere. Get use to it.
I can fully understand if there is abusive behavior from other supporters in which case there are appropriate channels.

Issue 2: This almost "en-masse migration" fear of opposition supporters infiltrating our safehavens. At most 1 of every 500/1000 seats an invited opposition supporter sits. And so far every opposition supporter I've seen in our aisle has done nothing more than barrack for their side.

Issue 3: The lost revenue. How do you know if those opposition supporters haven't paid their admittance? In the past I've paid Gen Admin, and then been invited by Opposition reserved seat holders to sit in their unoccupied seats.

This topic seems to have rasied a few scenarios - Those who are in favour of enforcing the strict T&C of membership could perhaps tell me which of the following they deem non-offensive.

Scenario 1: Reserved Seat (RS) brings st kilda supporting 11-game member to sit in his non-occupied seat.

Scenario 2: RS brings st kilda supporter to sit in his non-occupied seat who has brought a GA ticket to sit in his non-occupied seat.

Scenario 3: RS brings st kilda supporter who has not paid for admission to sit in his non-occupied seat.

Scenario 4: RS brings neutral supporter (barracks for neither) who has paid for GA admission, to sit in his non-occupied seat.

Scenario 5: RS brings neutral supporter who has NOT paid for GA admission to sit in his non-occupied seat.

Scenario 6: RS brings opposition supporter who has paid for GA admission, to sit in his non-occupied seat.

Scenario 7: RS brings opposition supporter who has NOT paid for admission to sit in his non-occupied seat.

(Non-occupied seat = additional membership purchased, but cardholder not able to attend).
(GA = General Admission, or equivalent level 3 ticket in event of ticketed matches)

To those who are starting this grass roots campaign to destroy the value of reserved seat holders by emailing club officials/stadium, and to those that sympathise with them - please outline which scenarios you would accept.
And outline what investigatory powers you have exercised, and those that you expect the TD/ES staff to exercise in assessing which scenario it is. Based on the fact that our club struggles to send out membership packs on time, and the 14 day lead-in time to get a membership pack guaranteed before game day - Photo ID would be a feat impossible for this club to achieve - for which I'm thankful.

Should you find yourself in the position of finding any one scenario acceptable - then you should consider your efforts in direct contravention to this. And perhaps you can explain why you want to be responsible for preventing members enjoying this freedom.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

benengel14 wrote:I can't believe this attitude. And the fact that you'd report another member is disgraceful unless there was abusive or threatening behaviour on their behalf.

I simply can't understand how anyone on this forum would be championing the strict legal terms and conditions of memberships when it lowers the value of the membership.

I can understand from a club/stadium perspective - increased gate receipts. But surely us supporters can understand the benefits of being able to bring other non-reserved seat people to sit next to each other?

Issue 1: Presence of Opposition - The opposition is as much part of football as the umpires, oval and players. None of them are going anywhere. Get use to it.
I can fully understand if there is abusive behavior from other supporters in which case there are appropriate channels.

Issue 2: This almost "en-masse migration" fear of opposition supporters infiltrating our safehavens. At most 1 of every 500/1000 seats an invited opposition supporter sits. And so far every opposition supporter I've seen in our aisle has done nothing more than barrack for their side.

Issue 3: The lost revenue. How do you know if those opposition supporters haven't paid their admittance? In the past I've paid Gen Admin, and then been invited by Opposition reserved seat holders to sit in their unoccupied seats.

This topic seems to have rasied a few scenarios - Those who are in favour of enforcing the strict T&C of membership could perhaps tell me which of the following they deem non-offensive.

Scenario 1: Reserved Seat (RS) brings st kilda supporting 11-game member to sit in his non-occupied seat.

Scenario 2: RS brings st kilda supporter to sit in his non-occupied seat who has brought a GA ticket to sit in his non-occupied seat.

Scenario 3: RS brings st kilda supporter who has not paid for admission to sit in his non-occupied seat.

Scenario 4: RS brings neutral supporter (barracks for neither) who has paid for GA admission, to sit in his non-occupied seat.

Scenario 5: RS brings neutral supporter who has NOT paid for GA admission to sit in his non-occupied seat.

Scenario 6: RS brings opposition supporter who has paid for GA admission, to sit in his non-occupied seat.

Scenario 7: RS brings opposition supporter who has NOT paid for admission to sit in his non-occupied seat.

(Non-occupied seat = additional membership purchased, but cardholder not able to attend).
(GA = General Admission, or equivalent level 3 ticket in event of ticketed matches)

To those who are starting this grass roots campaign to destroy the value of reserved seat holders by emailing club officials/stadium, and to those that sympathise with them - please outline which scenarios you would accept.
And outline what investigatory powers you have exercised, and those that you expect the TD/ES staff to exercise in assessing which scenario it is. Based on the fact that our club struggles to send out membership packs on time, and the 14 day lead-in time to get a membership pack guaranteed before game day - Photo ID would be a feat impossible for this club to achieve - for which I'm thankful.

Should you find yourself in the position of finding any one scenario acceptable - then you should consider your efforts in direct contravention to this. And perhaps you can explain why you want to be responsible for preventing members enjoying this freedom.

Check.

Mate.

ace
Saintsational Legend

I used my Melbourne Cricket Club membership to get a reserved seat for myself and a guest within the Level 2 Access One area.

And he barracks for Liverpool FC, always has and always will, he was born within shouting distance of the Kop at Anfield.

Some of you need to grow up and learn to live with other people.

Tolerating other peoples different races, reliigions, nationalities, customs and sporting support can lead to fulfilling friendships not just in Australia but all around the world.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Spinner, you're right. Not everyone is in a financially sound position to enable them to purchase reserved seats. I know I'm not. I made the choice that this would be my main entertainment expenditure for the year so I think I have the right to expect that when I purchase tickets in a St Kilda reserved seating area that I am allowed to enjoy that experience with St Kilda supporters.

Perhaps it is these other non St Kilda supporters that are intruding on my life. Every story has two sides Spinner.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

If people want to sit with opposition mates at a game, theres great swathes of seating to do so. IMO if youy want to bring an oppositon mate, let him use the card if you must, then go sit somewhere wheres theres a mix of both teams fans. 80% of Level 3 fr instance.

Can I provide another example from real life that I heard from the Richmond Carlton game last week? A woman from the Richmond Cheer Squad decided to let her daughter use hubby's card as he couldnt attend. Problem was, she was dressed to the nines in Carlton gear and actively barracked for them. The CS leaders asked her and her daughter to leave at 1/4 time and were told in no uncertain terms that she could bring anyone she liked into the area as she was a CS member. Apparently it nearly got physical. Now what sort of brainfade would let you bring an oppostion fan into a teams CS..even a family member? But..some might say that the mum had the right to use the ticket any way she saw fit?

I agree, verbal banter with oppo fans is great fun most of the time done in the right spirit..but..there are people who would rather not and Club reserved seating areas are designed to cater for them.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

As long as anyone who is against giving tickets to friends has never done the same or even taken tickets from other people who shouldnt have given them to you then I think you are entilted to comment. To others who are against it but have given tickets to someone if only once or recieved not transferrable tickets then I think they better not comment on this thread.

My opinion is quite clear on this subject. I coundnt get a stuff who sits next to me. If we want it like soccer well I suggest you follow soccer. You get idiot supporters from every side, including Saints, next to you and a bit of banter with opposition supporters never hurt enough.

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Strikes me as a glass houses kind of conversation...

For my $.02:

1st cent - I upgraded to a reserved seat this year (L3). I was at a wedding Saturday night and couldn't make it. I gave my ticket to my dad. If I hadn't, he wouldn't have gone at all. Didn't cost anyone anything. I would have been tremendously upset if he hadn't been able to use the seat.

2nd cent - Also, my partner has the seat next to mine, and she's a Lions supporter. Has her name on it and everything. Now she's a merch queen, and probably a louder and prouder Sainter at many games than most, but Saints v Lions at TD, she'll be sitting in her reserved seat decked out in opposition colours... If people are buying their reserved seats because of a promise the club absolutely cannot keep, it's not the club and Telstra Dome they should be getting upset at.

My biggest concern about handing them over to an opposition fan if I wasn't going to be there would actually be that if I were an opposition fan, the Moorrabbin Wing wouldn't exactly be my first choice of location to watch from...

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
gottaluvit
Club Player

My mates and i have about 10 reserved seats between us. We rarely fill them as wives and kids often don't come. We always offer them to our opposition friends. It makes going to the footy more fun. What better than to bring a couple of Carlton supporters with you to the footy and spend the entire day heckling them. If we lose, we have to cop it in return. Who cares what's printed on the card. If they start enforcing the non-transferrable rule then we will have to change - otherwise, tough.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Scottish Saint wrote:The steward in aisle 32 was pretty vigilant - he asked several people to leave.
The steward on aisle 31 was asleep.