Outraged -Confirmation Wearing Clash Strip this week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bozza1980
Club Player

saint64 wrote:In case you hadn't noticed markp this has been a festering sore for many years now. The disappointing thing is that I thought we finally had a Board that was going to stop things like this happening. It might not worry you, but it annoys the hell out of many long time supporters like me. I can't remember any time in the past when a team finishing as minor premiers has been so emphasised. i certainlt don't recall it being made such a big thing of last year and in 1997.
Did you notice that in both 1997 and 2009 we wore our jumper of choice.

Ofcourse there is no need for a song and dance when the jumpers don't clash.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Surely we've got bigger fish to fry than worrying about the jumper ...

The 'Pies finished higher, so they get choice of jumper. That's reasonable IMO. At least our alternate jumper is a tri-colour, albeit with a wider white panel and white back. It's still clearly St Kilda.

bozza1980
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:Yes, I have been thinking the exact same thing, it's an absolute DISGRACE and if both teams wore their traditional jumpers a so called clash would not even exist!

The AFL approved Collingwood's jumper change nine years ago at the whim of Eddie " we won't change our tradition, jumper for anyone" McGuire so WHY THE F*** should we be the ones forced to change our traditional jumper in a Grand Final to suit them?

Make Collingwood wear their traditional jumper that they wore for over 90 years and there is no so called clash!

Does anyone know Eddies home address, ( PM me ) I'm sure I can make him see reason?
I agree that the sensible solution would be for Collingwood to wear their traditional jumper, but they have the choice and they chose to wear their home jumper.

This is a case of bad luck for us, not a disgrace.

The important thing is that our club is in the Grand Final not the fact that we have to wear a club approved alternate jumper because of a jumper clash.

St Michele
Club Player

For my poor old eyes I find the away jumper stands out so can watch the game better. No matter the jumper we will be champions at the end of the game

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Maybe we can get around this by wearing red shorts.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

TriColourDisciple wrote:Can't believe most people accept us being walked over again regarding this issue. That's the spirit, just lay down again.

I, on the otherhand, come from the more passionate, dyed in the wool, bleed R,W &B type.
So, the Jumper that represents the club I love means everthing.

I really hope your source is wrong ashjam because, if so, this is yet another injustice forced upon our club.
dems da rules. pies finished on top of the ladder. its not about getting walked over. if we were ranked higher wed get our strip. end of story.

and besides. who gives a flying flog what we wear? care factor = 0

Riewoldt=Gun_09
Club Player

Amazing how in every other final this year the team that has more white in their strip has to wear white shorts but now we have to wear white a f****** disgrace!

This is Saints footy
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Wed 20 Oct 2010 3:17am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
bozza1980
Club Player

aussierules0k wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:who gives a flying flog what we wear? care factor = 0
Care factor might rise a bit if we turned up in tutu's. ;)

So we are saying those who originally decided what colours and jumpers the original teams wore were idiots and couldn't see the clash. Idiots! :)
This..
does not clash with this...
That's a little cheeky.

Look at the backs, look at 36 players running around in mainly black jumpers and see if its as easy as it looks.

Not too mention the fact that isn't the jumper that collingwood originally designed.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Exactly..if Collingwood simply went with tradition and wore black and white on the front and the back ..our black back would not clash..mind boggling in its stupidity :roll:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Wed 20 Oct 2010 3:18am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote:http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=58801

The pie fans reckon we should wear what we like and (amazingly) make a very good case.
Glad to see that even the Collingwood supporters agree for the big dance we should be wearing our traditional jumper. Most are saying we have every reason to ark up about it.

Still not happy about it mind you, but I am sure I will get over it

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
markp
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:Exactly..if Collingwood simply went with tradition and wore black and white on the front and the back ..our black back would not clash..mind boggling in its stupidity :roll:
You just have to convince this guy...

If we let it bother us, he wins.

SaintTom
Club Player

If we win this week, I wouldn't be surprised if this becomes our new permanent clash jumper that we still wear in 40 years time. That way, when we look back, we're used to it. In fact, I think this should happen.

If we lose, then I think that we should have a clash jumper next year with the traditional tri colour front, rather than the widened panel, with the rest being white. That way it won't be as big a deal.

In my opinion, this can be rectified after the Grand Final and depending on the result, rather than being a distraction now.

Saint Mik
Club Player

I am really p!ssed about this and I LOVE our jumper but hey if we do end up wearing the clash strip then after we win I know I am going to LOVE that clash strip. I am sure that a jumper worn is the very last thing on our players minds to be honest.

I think it is wrong but there is ALOT wrong with the AFL and things wont change no matter how hard we go at the club about this situation, its done move on people better things to worry about. And for what its worth I would love to see the Saints roll up the sleeves and say we are wearing our original jumper but it just wont happen, I choose to deal with it move on and get on with supporting the players and the club in a history making game.

The club wont want the distraction and will just go with it as they know that the rules are the rules end of story, a bit like having a crack at the umpy whats the point it aint gunna change.

Just win the FARKING game Saints that is ALL that matters.
CARN THE SAINTS.

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
avid
Club Player

I love our traditional strips.
I hate our clash strip.
For those who say "care factor = 0", I say I'm bitterly disappointed about this situation.
Not the same order of magnitude as winning or losing.
But it s***s me deeply that we have to wear this very lame design.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

I wonder why the members weren't consulted about an alternative strip. At the least we could've had a vote. I would have preferred the clash jumper be a variation of the traditional jumper. All they had to do was change the black back to white and it would have solved the problem.

Another opportunity awaits!
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:I wonder why the members weren't consulted about an alternative strip. At the least we could've had a vote. I would have preferred the clash jumper be a variation of the traditional jumper. All they had to do was change the black back to white and it would have solved the problem.

THIS!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Micheal N will be on Morning glory between now and 9 am.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

My brother has a theory about the internet and message boards. It runs that the internet trends towards the minutiae, and message boards trend towards the extreme.

I believe that under his theory, Saintsational (and possibly the entire internet) has peaked. 5 pages in 24 hours on the relative width of stripes on a jumper.

This subject brings out the insane side of people...

Win the game and change the main jumper to the GF winning jumper.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I totally agree this is the most trivial thing I can imagine. Are we talking about the jumper with the fat white strip and white back?

To me it isn't that different from the jumpers you see on old footy cards from the 50s it looks like they had white backs.

In really old cards we had the heritage style stripes with laced up tops and knickerbocker pants with cycle caps on their heads.

I have followed an under achieving club all my life, the history I have witnessed is something I would rather not revisit.

Forget the f****** tradition and lets get on with making our own history.
We have one game left to make that strip the most beautiful thing to adorn a Saints player since 1966, don't create a petty distraction in a week we should be backing the boys in.

Let the pies have their stupid distraction worrying about Swans failure to grab a brownlow.