URGENT: TO THE BOARD OF THE ST KILDA FOOTBALL CLUB

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

URGENT: TO THE BOARD OF THE ST KILDA FOOTBALL CLUB

GET BUSY AND MODIFY THE CURRENT AWAY JUMPER FOR THE GRAND FINAL SO AT LEAST THE HOME JUMPER IS MAINTAINED ON THE FRONT!

NOTE: This does not clash with Collingwood

HOME JUMPER ON THE FRONT

WHITE AWAY JUMPER ON THE BACK

SEND THESE TO A FIRM IMMEDIATELY TO GET THEM SEWN TOGETHER

THE GRAND FINAL IS FAR TOO IMPORTANT OCCASION TO RUN OUT IN THE CURRENT ABOMINATION WITH A WHITE PANEL ON THE FRONT AS WIDE AS THE GREAT WALL OF CHINA!

THIS JUMPER CAN EASILY BE CREATED BY COMBINING THE FRONT AND BACK OF THE TWO CURRENT JUMPERS!

THE AFL WOULD SURELY UNDERSTAND THE IMPORTANCE OF THE OCCASION AND THIS MODIFICATION DOES NOT RESULT IN A CLASH!

PLEASE ACT ON THIS IMMEDIATELY OR RISK PISSING OFF MANY MEMBERS AND SUPPORTERS!

THERE IS TIME TO ACTION THIS BEFORE THE GRAND FINAL!

GET BUSY AND GET THE JOB DONE!

RIGHT NOW!

PLEASE, JUST DO IT!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
StSteven
Club Player

+1

oneteam
Club Player

Re: URGENT: TO THE BOARD OF THE ST KILDA FOOTBALL CLUB

But the current away jumper was our home jumper in the past. The tradition and history is maintained. we win in a traditional ( rather than recent) home jumper.

it's not as if the club has any hope of getting permission to change the from the afl . it will be a fifth or fourth jumper in which we have played a grand final, so lets not pretend that the current home jumper is our true tradition.

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

FANTASTIC POST, BARKS.

saint64
Club Player

Great post. Get real oneteam - the clash strip is a shocker. I'm sure that what most of us want to see is the basic strip that we have used for the last forty plus years be worn on Saturday.

saint-stu
Club Player

I'd be willing to donate money for the cause. :)

1ac46a38
Born in Moorabbin
Club Player

Yep, I agree. Good on you barks4eva! The clash strip is a shocker. We're not just looking at seeing the boys out there on the day - we will be looking at all those premiership winning posters everywhere for years to come!

Allwewantisaflag
casey scorp
Club Player

And imagine the marketing opportunities - I'd buy one for sure (and I'm not a purchaser of the multitude of jumpers produced).

Furphy
Club Player

Hear Hear!

mordi
Club Player

oneteam wrote:But the current away jumper was our home jumper in the past. The tradition and history is maintained. we win in a traditional ( rather than recent) home jumper.

it's not as if the club has any hope of getting permission to change the from the afl . it will be a fifth or fourth jumper in which we have played a grand final, so lets not pretend that the current home jumper is our true tradition.
The jumper from 1950's looked a little like the clash jumper but I don't believe had massive white front panel. Also not used for that many years..current format has been in place since late 50s early 60s I believe

What's the Point of it All?
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

I think somehow the practicalities of such an undertaking are beyond us at this late stage.

Personally, I be content to see them in red, white and black duct tape if we won.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
Mooksy
Club Player

Don't worry about the jumper issue - it DOES NOT MATTER!

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Mooksy wrote:Don't worry about the jumper issue - it DOES NOT MATTER!
Agree, our clash gernsey is fine, better than most. Would think it would be impossible to change at this late stage anyway. Bigger fish to fry.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
markp
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:SEND THESE TO A FIRM IMMEDIATELY TO GET THEM SEWN TOGETHER

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

saint64 wrote:Great post. Get real oneteam - the clash strip is a shocker. I'm sure that what most of us want to see is the basic strip that we have used for the last forty plus years be worn on Saturday.
i don't mind the clash strip.

also, i don't care what jumper they wear. it's only a jumper.

Mr X from the West
Club Player

Totally agree Barks.

"Blow out the candle I will burn again tomorrow"
stinger
Saintsational Legend

from this mornings hun...

"St Kilda looks set to wear a 'clash' strip on the big day, to the dismay of many of its fans. The Saints wore a black 'cross' design in its 1997 grand final loss, and have used many variations on their classic red white and black panel in recent years, including a yellow design in a few matches.

Collingwood, which wears a clash strip little different to its traditional black and white stripes, and has refused to compromise its basic design, earned the right to retain their home ground look after finishing on top of the ladder."

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Born in Moorabbin
Club Player

What a severe load of garbage all this stuff about alternate strips is!!!! They should never have been introduced in the first place!! :x

Allwewantisaflag
spert
Saintsational Legend

We always play well in the 'lollipop" strip -lets go for that one

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
saint64 wrote:Great post. Get real oneteam - the clash strip is a shocker. I'm sure that what most of us want to see is the basic strip that we have used for the last forty plus years be worn on Saturday.
i don't mind the clash strip.

also, i don't care what jumper they wear. it's only a jumper.
What did you write? "It's only a jumper?" What the fu&K are you on about sunchine????? WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S ONLY A JUMPER???????? YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT SO EVER. NO IDEA

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saint3d
Club Player

It was suggested on here a couple of weeks ago that the club should keep on hand a set of proper guernseys so if the team wins, the players can switch into them for the presentation etc.

I sent this suggestion to Michael Nettlefold, but didn't hear anything back. I will be reiterating this suggestion this week. If a bunch of people did it we might get noticed.

saint3d
Club Player

Also I wouldn't call the clash strip a shocker. It's mostly white but it's unmistakably red white and black.

Last year's clash strip was terrible. I'm glad we don't have to contemplate that.

saint-stu
Club Player

saint3d wrote:It was suggested on here a couple of weeks ago that the club should keep on hand a set of proper guernseys so if the team wins, the players can switch into them for the presentation etc.

I sent this suggestion to Michael Nettlefold, but didn't hear anything back. I will be reiterating this suggestion this week. If a bunch of people did it we might get noticed.
Well it sounds like someone has listened. On SEN they have said a number of times that is what will happen and the AFL have agreed to it.

1ac46a38
markp
Saintsational Legend

saint3d wrote:It was suggested on here a couple of weeks ago that the club should keep on hand a set of proper guernseys so if the team wins, the players can switch into them for the presentation etc.

From the other thread...
saintbrat wrote:http://www.saints.com.au/season2009/new ... fault.aspx
Clash jumper at the Grand Final?
3:15 PM Sun 19 September, 2010 | Back

Rob from #@####

for saints.com.au

Is it correct that we will be wearing our 'clash' strip against Collingwood in the Grand Final this weekend? Rob from #@###

Dear Rob,

Collingwood has had a stand out season, finishing on top of the ladder, so as a consequence they have priority choice of jumper for the Grand Final. Therefore we will be wearing our clash jumper.

However, we have been advised by the AFL that in the event that we win the match, we will be able to change into our traditional Saints jumper for presentation and photographic purposes.

Cheers,
Michael

saint3d
Club Player

markp wrote:

From the other thread...
saintbrat wrote:http://www.saints.com.au/season2009/new ... fault.aspx
Clash jumper at the Grand Final?
3:15 PM Sun 19 September, 2010 | Back

Rob from #@####

for saints.com.au

Is it correct that we will be wearing our 'clash' strip against Collingwood in the Grand Final this weekend? Rob from #@###

Dear Rob,

Collingwood has had a stand out season, finishing on top of the ladder, so as a consequence they have priority choice of jumper for the Grand Final. Therefore we will be wearing our clash jumper.

However, we have been advised by the AFL that in the event that we win the match, we will be able to change into our traditional Saints jumper for presentation and photographic purposes.

Cheers,
Michael
Thanks for that. You saved me from getting all emotional and embarrassing myself. :)