Go Dogs

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Re: Go Dogs

kosifantutti23 wrote:We probably have to beat the Pies at some stage so I'm not worried which side of the draw they are on.
You wrote go dogs!

STUPID CALL, head in sand call, buffoon call, a really dumb call

It is much better for us if Hawthorn and Collingwood win THIS WEEK!

Then Hawthorn play Geelong in a knockout final for the right to then meet Collingwood!

I've read my tea leaves and Chapman gets two weeks for hitting a Hawthorn player, I think it's Campbell Brown, not as sure about this, so I'm rooting for a Hawthorn win against Freo and a Collingwood win against bulldogs!

A chance for Geelong to go out in straight sets and it makes the other side of the draw very tough which suits us!

A freo win just gives Geelong a training run next week!

I'd rather play an undermanned Bulldogs than Collingwood in the preliminary final!

P.S My tea leaves have a good track record!

Chapman is gone, just need a Hawthorn win this week!

8-)

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

barks4eva wrote:
kosifantutti23 wrote:We probably have to beat the Pies at some stage so I'm not worried which side of the draw they are on.
You wrote go dogs!

It is much better for us if Hawthorn and Collingwood win THIS WEEK!

Then Hawthorn play Geelong in a knockout final for the right to then meet Collingwood!

I've read my tea leaves and Chapman gets two weeks for hitting a Hawthorn player, I think it's Campbell Brown, not as sure about this, so I'm rooting for a Hawthorn win against Freo and a Collingwood win against bulldogs!

A chance for Geelong to go out in straight sets and it makes the other side of the draw very tough which suits us!

A freo win just gives Geelong a training run next week!

I'd rather play an undermanned Bulldogs than Collingwood in the preliminary final!

P.S My tea leaves have a good track record!

Chapman is gone, just need a Hawthorn win this week!

8-)

Furtius Quo Rdelious
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Beej wrote:Go Pies!

Cats, Pies, Hawks on one side of the draw, while we'll have the Dogs and Swans/Blues.

It's a nice run for us.

Granted we beat them last night but I would still prefer we didn't meet the Cats again.

Before worrying about a flag it's all about getting to a GF and Collingwood winning tonight will make it a tad bit easier.
No team is a pushover in a prelim.

All have their strengths against us.

Dogs could run and have everything go click.

Carlton can beat us. Trouble us with pace. Proven.

Swans in an arm wrestle and doing it for Roos and Kirk will be a challenge.

At our best, we are legitimate favourites against all three sides, but just hark back to 05 if you need a reality check about apparent 'gimme' games...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Beej
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
Beej wrote:Go Pies!

Cats, Pies, Hawks on one side of the draw, while we'll have the Dogs and Swans/Blues.

It's a nice run for us.

Granted we beat them last night but I would still prefer we didn't meet the Cats again.

Before worrying about a flag it's all about getting to a GF and Collingwood winning tonight will make it a tad bit easier.
No team is a pushover in a prelim.

All have their strengths against us.

Dogs could run and have everything go click.

Carlton can beat us. Trouble us with pace. Proven.

Swans in an arm wrestle and doing it for Roos and Kirk will be a challenge.

At our best, we are legitimate favourites against all three sides, but just hark back to 05 if you need a reality check about apparent 'gimme' games...
As a self-confessed pessimistic St Kilda supporter, I'm under no illusions whatsoever as to how the different elements of a game of footy can conspire against us.

I'm just looking for slightly better than 50% chance (in my mind) of progressing to a GF. Doesn't mean I won't be absolutely bricking it during the game. :lol:

Watching the Dogs now I'll be amazed if we get them in a prelim.

St Kilda v Carlton I think.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

no...saints v swans...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Yeah. Swans for mine. Play a better finals style than the others still in the mix on our side of the finals draw.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Winmarvellous
Club Player

Yep Saints v Swans, Geelong v Pies. Both hard fought games. I actually think the Swans will be a VERY difficult game. They know how to play finals, and will make us earn it if we do get up. They don't mind playing the arm-wrestle style of footy we're so adept at.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:

But if they lose, we have the tantalising prospect at least for a week of the Pies going out in straight sets.

IF we went on to win the flag that would be the icing on our premiership cake.
screw that. i hate the dogs. hate this "everyones second team" crap they try and pull. hated their gay club singalong after sacking aker. hate they are flat track bullies and thrash crap teams and lose to good teams. hate em. they can F*** off.
See. Dogs are a big fraud and phoney. Jokers. Soft as butter. And Johnno is done. Aker was right all along.

S.A Saint
Club Player

id rather we play the dogs cause they are as soft as butter (gilbee and gia)plus they have their important players out (cooney morris etc) or underone (half the team) ..the swans game would be a hard fought slog which wouldnt be the best preperation leading into the gf(everytime we played the swans the players have said it takes them longer than norma; to recover we we dont need tired and battered bodies up against the pies or the cats)...

"Heroes are never forgotten, but legends never die"