All pressure on Pies/cats saints slip under radar!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint58
Club Player

All pressure on Pies/cats saints slip under radar!!

First of we need to win the remaining 4 games.
But i hope all the press is taking about the Cats,Pies,Dogs that suits me fine.

I know we will do well when the Dogs start sprouting off how good they are again but who have they beaten?

The pies as well are talking up there chances again untill september.

I just hope that ross gets gardy and a few others a rest before the finals would be nice but dont know when.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Funny I think there is a huge amount of pressure on us. Couldnt get over the line last year and flag favourites at the start of this year. We nedd to find something and hopefully we can.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

The Saints are in every danger of losing the top billing in the stat they made a reputation from - points against.

Currently at 1312. The Doggies are at 1328 and the Pies at 1360. Pies aren't likely to challenge it against Geelong but the Doggies could give it a shake against Adelaide.

What will it do for the team's confidence if they can no longer even claim the best defence in the comp?

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote:The Saints are in every danger of losing the top billing in the stat they made a reputation from - points against.

Currently at 1312. The Doggies are at 1328 and the Pies at 1360. Pies aren't likely to challenge it against Geelong but the Doggies could give it a shake against Adelaide.

What will it do for the team's confidence if they can no longer even claim the best defence in the comp?
Nothing at all if we win this week.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

It would be good to see us attack and kick a big score.

That would send shudders through the other clubs in the Top 4.

Multiple goal kickers, big score. That's my wish.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
InkerSaint wrote:The Saints are in every danger of losing the top billing in the stat they made a reputation from - points against.

Nothing at all if we win this week.
7 in a row will win the flag.

starsign
Club Player

Keep the faith !

We are still on a mission!!

(and still very much on track)

spert
Saintsational Legend

The Dogs are show-ponies and could easily drop the Adelaide game. The Cats will easily account for the Woods and I think we will beat Port, basically as we can't do any worse than last week, so all is well.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:It would be good to see us attack and kick a big score.

That would send shudders through the other clubs in the Top 4.

Multiple goal kickers, big score. That's my wish.
No it wouldn't.

One high scoring win against an interstate bottom 8 team in Melbourne is hardly stuff to worry the Cats or Pies.

IF we thumped 3 or 4 sides in the run home, well, that would be a different matter.......

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I'm preparing to get to "the dome we call home" this Sunday and shout my head off for those Sainters. NOW, the reality of our situation:
IF we can produce from somewhere deep inside, the kind of performance that can turn our form around, then we are in with a chance of finishing top four. The theory of Collingwood and the Bulldogs falling in a heap owes more to wishful, rather than logical thinking. Geelong are still streets ahead of the comp in depth and class and are playing well within themselves.
A good run for the next four rounds with a good win in round 22 COULD take us into September in fine nick and ready to give the finals a shake.
But ON FORM we are going in as very much an outside bet.
Thats ok we've been there before, and proven folk wrong!
I'm READY! GO SAINTS!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
saint3d
Club Player

Under the radar is rubbish. There is no radar.

If there's somehow less pressure on the Saints because they're not premiership favourites, I don't see it. I certainly don't see how it gives the team a better chance of winning it.

Winmarvellous
Club Player

But ON FORM we are going in as very much an outside bet.
Thats ok we've been there before, and proven folk wrong
When? I still don't see any more cups on the shelf. We're going in as underdogs because, based on THIS YEARs form, not the past, we aren't a top 2 team. Facts are facts.