Good Call Bad Call

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Good Call Bad Call

Time to lighten to mood a bit, and since we don't play for another 6 days let's give Good Call Bad Call a go.

So someone asks a question, and whoever answers asks the next one.

I'll go first:

Kosi will not be in the side come finals, good call bad call?

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Bad call because I'm too much of a soft c**k to say otherwise.

Lynch to the backline?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
FQF
SS Life Member

Thinline wrote:Bad call because I'm too much of a soft c**k to say otherwise.

Lynch to the backline?
bad call. too risky of a call. not a ross lyon call.

he was recruited as a forward and we will hardly start experimenting with second game forwards in our back half.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

FQF wrote:

Lynch to the backline?

he was recruited as a forward and we will hardly start experimenting with second game forwards in our back half.
You need to throw up a new call.

FQF
SS Life Member

#1GILL wrote:
FQF wrote:

Lynch to the backline?

adam schneider as our qualifying final match winner.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:
#1GILL wrote:
FQF wrote:

Lynch to the backline?

Good call, thoughtful call, inspired call

Playing some of his best footy the latter half of this year, the bursts in the midfield really suiting him.

Mick Sheahan will be talking an awful lot about Collingwood tonight OTC

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

SainterK wrote:
FQF wrote:
#1GILL wrote:
FQF wrote:

Lynch to the backline?

Playing some of his best footy the latter half of this year, the bursts in the midfield really suiting him.

Good Call, obvious call, far too easy call. He will be all over it, although they will find pletny of time to discuss our poor form with Roo coming on.

Lenny deserves a flag just as much as Banger did, good call bad call?

boneless23
Club Player

#1GILL wrote:
SainterK wrote:
FQF wrote:
#1GILL wrote:
FQF wrote:

Lynch to the backline?

Good Call, obvious call, far too easy call. He will be all over it, although they will find pletny of time to discuss our poor form with Roo coming on.

Good call...heart and soul of the footy club, would love to see him on the podium.

Jimmy Gwilt: the most improved player in the comp.

FQF
SS Life Member

#1GILL wrote:

Bad call, too early call.

Banger went for countless more years without a flag, played in far worse stkilda sides, won two brownlows and yet didn't end up with the ultimate glory.

Lets hope Lenny ends up with all those accolades plus the prized medallion.

Ross Lyon needs to have a few extra tricks in the bag in games that aren't going our way.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

FQF wrote:
#1GILL wrote:

Bad call, too early call.

Banger went for countless more years without a flag, played in far worse stkilda sides, won two brownlows and yet didn't end up with the ultimate glory.

Lets hope Lenny ends up with all those accolades plus the prized medallion.

Ross Lyon needs to have a few extra tricks in the bag in games that aren't going our way.
Good Call. We don't seem to have much of a plan B..I like how the game opened up in the last 1/4 on Friday, whether that was Ross's doing or just because Essendon went home early, we looked dangerous.

Zac Dawson is a required team member for the finals campaign, GC BC?

boneless23
Club Player

FQF wrote:
#1GILL wrote:
Bad call. Ross has the tricks but I dont think he wants to play them until he needs to.

Mini is vital to our chances in September if he can recapture his '09 forward line pressure

SaintSimmo
Club Player

#boneless23 wrote: Mini is vital to our chances in September if he can recapture his '09 forward line pressure
Bad Call, we need more than a one-dimensional small forward in our team, and what he showed in the 2's on the weekend shows that he is a long way off that 09 form.

Our backline is our weakness this year?

Sainter for life.
Statsman
Club Player

Bad call. Our backline is under undue pressure because the midfield is being smashed in the clearances.

Kosi as backup ruck, Stanley to the forward line and McEvoy out. Good call or bad call?

"Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates." - Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Statsman wrote:Bad call. Our backline is under undue pressure because the midfield is being smashed in the clearances.

Kosi as backup ruck, Stanley to the forward line and McEvoy out. Good call or bad call?
Bad call. Stanley's not ready and Kosi is not fit enough to ruck more.

The saints have relaxed since Roo has come back and thought it would all jus fall into place?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
FQF
SS Life Member

Statsman wrote:Bad call. Our backline is under undue pressure because the midfield is being smashed in the clearances.

Bad call.

Mcevoy has had somewhat of a breakout year, and if Kosi can force him out of the team based only on reputation then the message it sends to the playing group could be disastrous.

Tommy Walsh will be a key member of our 2012 side.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

SaintPav wrote:

Bad call. Stanley's not ready and Kosi is not fit enough to ruck more.

The saints have relaxed since Roo has come back and thought it would all jus fall into place?
Good call. I think this is one of the main reasons of our form slump. Too many have just relaxed now that Roo is back. I think Friday was a big wakeup call for them, and we will see real improvement from now on.

We'll go with FQF's quesiton:
"Tommy Walsh will be a key member of our 2012 side."

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:

Bad call.

Mcevoy has had somewhat of a breakout year, and if Kosi can force him out of the team based only on reputation then the message it sends to the playing group could be disastrous.

Good call, signs very good for a bloke so new to our game call

Nick Dal Santo still doesn't do enough, good call bad call

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

dcstkfc wrote:
FQF wrote:

Bad call.

Good call, he does enough, but is still not fulfilling his potential. We could get more out of him.

We cannot win the premiership this year if we don't win atleast 3 if not 4 of our next 4 games.
GC/BC?

Winmarvellous
Club Player

Good call. And he's not alone in our midfield atm.

Gilbert and Fisher have been worked out, and at least one needs to move further afield for a couple of weeks at least.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

#1GILL wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:
FQF wrote:

Bad call.

Good call, he does enough, but is still not fulfilling his potential. We could get more out of him.

We cannot win the premiership this year if we don't win atleast 3 if not 4 of our next 4 games.
GC/BC?
Good call. We need to hit the finals in top form.

The filth will choke in the finals. Good call bad call?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
#1GILL wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:
FQF wrote:

Bad call.

GC/BC?
Good call. We need to hit the finals in top form.

The filth will choke in the finals. Good call bad call?
Bad call, they are a hardened finals team who haven't choked in previous years, simply weren't good enough- this year they are and will be highly competitive if not premiers

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Sorry need a new one myself- Jason Blake is being found out in one-on-ones

Beej
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:Sorry need a new one myself- Jason Blake is being found out in one-on-ones
Bad call, premature call, don't be so quick to judge call.

Blake is better than your average defender in one-on-one situations. Defenders are also at the mercy of the accountability of the midfield.

Milne will be an All-Australian this year. Good call, bad call?

midas_touch
Club Player

Beej wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:Sorry need a new one myself- Jason Blake is being found out in one-on-ones

Blake is better than your average defender in one-on-one situations. Defenders are also at the mercy of the accountability of the midfield.

Bad Call, rose coloured glasses Call. Didak and LeCras to take the small forward positions.

Do the Saints have less talent on the park than the other major contenders, good call bad call?

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Beej wrote:

Bad call, Mark Le Cras will take the only all-Australian small forward spot this year- and Betts' pressure puts him ahead of Milney as well.

Jack Steven should be run through the midfield as we have a dearth of midfield rotation options- good call, bad call?