Really want to beat the Bombers

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sainterinsydney
Club Player

Really want to beat the Bombers

I'm sick of this inferior team beating our boys. I want to see the Saints destroy the Bombers this Friday. They've beaten us 2 out of the past 3 meetings.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Not only that, they've actually beaten us two out of the last TWO meetings....

I REALLY REALLY want to beat these guysas well.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Please amend thread title by replacing 'beat' with 'F%&$^%$G HUNT DOWN AND CRUCIFY'

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

MUST BEAT THE BOMBERS!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Simply must make a statement. They have been too quick and too creative for us past two times (even if we were a bit stiff not to steal it earlier this year). If we could shut them down and kick a score it would make a fairly strong statement.

Have a feeling we'll set ourselves. Could be the real return of Roo and if he's really on, Kosi's every chance to join in.

Pressure. Pressure. Pressure. POP.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

I'm not normally a baying for blood type..but..I think its time we came out, made a statement and smacked a bottom side

Geelong and Collingwood do it regularly, we dont..well once this year.

We actually had less scoring shots last week than we did v Collingwood

Reckon we need to remind the footy world that we can have 30 scoring shots in a game too like the other tops sides reguarly do against sides the ilk of Essendon.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintlee
Club Player

Definitely need a win after a bad loss and a draw. Bombers are a very average team, so no excuses for losing to this mob again.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

We seemed to just miss out last couple of times against the bombers. Last time it seemed every time they went forward they scored. We just need to pressure from the start, no slow starts this time.

Other than that we should try getting our rucks in our forward line to upset their balance. Would like to see joey have a blinder after stuffing up my dreamteam captain position.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:We seemed to just miss out last couple of times against the bombers. Last time it seemed every time they went forward they scored. We just need to pressure from the start, no slow starts this time.

Other than that we should try getting our rucks in our forward line to upset their balance. Would like to see joey have a blinder after stuffing up my dreamteam captain position.
Agree, a win is vital after the loss and draw.

Also, every time a team like the Bombers beat us it provides other coaches with ideas about how to bring us undone.

It's time we showed the greater football world that regardless of what strategies are employed by our rivals, Saints Footy will prevail!

spert
Saintsational Legend

The Bombers game plan is pretty basic- bounce off the half back line, everybody runs forward hard and spreads to space and provides a marking option. We need to go to our close checking, strangling game and really need our forwards to get their defensive games up to scratch again this Friday.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Everytime they play us we make them look like a genuinley good side. Then when I watch them play other sides,they are clearly bottom 4 if not bottom 2.

I can't see us thrashing them. I'm skeptical to whether we are capable of smashing anyone now.Every week is heart in the mouth stuff. Like to be proved wrong

Bring back the Lockett era
FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

What a stupid thread... of course we want to beat the bombers! Is there anybody who doesnt???

StNoodles
Club Player

Roo will rip this game to shreds. We'll smash them.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

I hope we can beat them easing down this time and for once - we have bigger (and hopefully slower) fish to fry come the finals.

Duggie
Club Player

Yes, they sem to be able to unseat us whatever position we are in. Monfries is one who will have to be muzzled very early. he has the capability to roam wide and is dangerous inside the 50m arc. Would love to have Bakes on him, but... :lol:

A Saint Forever!
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Time for a four quarter thumping by the boys.

StNoodles
Club Player

A few possible big ins for the Dons: Hille, Welsh, Dyson, among others.

philtee
Club Player

Still baffled at how they beat us earlier this year and at the end of 2009.
Somehow they find an extra gear and everything clicks.
After a loss and a draw, only a belting of the Bombers will restore a sense
that we're right on track for September.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

StNoodles wrote:A few possible big ins for the Dons: Hille, Welsh, Dyson, among others.
Good. Now someone else will be carrying the underdone. And maybe this is the week that squib Hille gets hit by the Karma bus.

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

I don't know about you people but Essendon is my most hated team.

And what is so annoying is that now we're a good side we still struggle so badly to compete against Essendon.

They are a thorn in our side that we can't pluck out. No matter how good we are and how poor they are, they play like champions against us.

I've made this thread on here every year ...under different guises...and it's always a similar result. Struggling close win, or a shocking loss.

It's probably also a worrying sign for the saints if we have another hacky, sloppy, struggling win over a bottom 8 side IF we're switched on.

Show something worthy of a premiership contender.

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Do not fear this jumper!!! ! It's not that frightening!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do not panic.
Do not stuff up.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Beat them? Essendon have some severe punishment coming their way. I hope we emulsify them.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Well we simply don't towle teams up so its not gunna happen.

Four points is all we really need to worry about today i think...

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I think we need to come out and make a statement this game - not talking score Im talking pressure.

I KNOW the Essendon "lets run at all costs/circle work/rebound" game plan hates fierce physical pressure/tackling.......we need to hunt the pr!cks ala St KFC 2009.

“Yeah….nah””