The AFL Screws St Kilda....again

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The AFL Screws St Kilda....again

If the Saints finish 2 and the maggots finish 3 we play them in the firts week of the finals. However,the filth play their last seven games at the MCG.....from round 16 to round 22.

We only play there twice for the whole year....This has to be some sort of advantage.

Another prime example of the AFL screwing St Kilda.....

Come on St Kilda, you have just been screwed by the AFL AGAIN....so come on down...

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

The Pies are a pimple on Geelong's arse and we just spanked the Cats at the G. Don't worry about it.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

How is the AFL to know this scenario may or may not eventuate when they release the draw. :?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Stephen Theodore wrote:How is the AFL to know this scenario may or may not eventuate when they release the draw. :?
two games at the G is not good enough....seven games in a row is ridiculous.

I thought it was obvious.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

C'mon enough of the bulls***. Forget about playing the victim. It doesn't get anyone anywhere. St.Kilda can't win a premiership if they have this attitude. It's about time ppl moved on.

Another opportunity awaits!
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

There are a lot of people here who need a huge dose of cement inserted into their mouth.

For god's sake, anyone would think it was Sirengate again here with the way everyone's carrying on again. now everyone is finding fault with every little thing the AFL and the media does and all of a suddent there is some big conspiracy with everyone being against us.

Who the HELL cares?!!!! let's just play footy and win.

wasaintsfan
Club Player

This has nothing to do with us. Get over the victim card. Its todo with the fact collingwood where ever they go attract a big crowd. Until that changes their run at the mcg wont

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

SaintPav wrote:
two games at the G is not good enough....seven games in a row is ridiculous.

Agre with our minimal amount of games at the G, but as I stated how are the AFL to know who finsihes where when they release a draw.

Too many posters on this site playing the victim.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Re: The AFL Screws St Kilda....again

SaintPav wrote:If the Saints finish 2 and the maggots finish 3 we play them in the firts week of the finals. However,the filth play their last seven games at the MCG.....from round 16 to round 22.

We only play there twice for the whole year....This has to be some sort of advantage.

Another prime example of the AFL screwing St Kilda.....

Come on St Kilda, you have just been screwed by the AFL AGAIN....so come on down...
The MCG is their home ground. Stop being so melodramatic. Our game plan has won on every size and shaped oval that we have played on. 4 in a row at Subi is impressive, especially considering we have played an in form Freo twice this year at home and at Subi and still beaten them!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Another scenario that may eventuate is St Kilda playing Freo in a qualifier. Fair chance that would be at Etihad, not the G. So what then, the Freo supporters jump up and down because St Kilda have played 12 of their last 14 games at Etihad.

After following St Kida for 50 odd years I couldnt care less if we play on Mars, as long as we continue to play finals footy.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:C'mon enough of the bulls***. Forget about playing the victim. It doesn't get anyone anywhere. St.Kilda can't win a premiership if they have this attitude. It's about time ppl moved on.
agreed. sooking isn't attractive. let's hope the players don't have the "everyone's against me" attitude of many supporters or we'll never win anything.

saint vince
Club Player

It hasn't worried us the last two years when we pants them on the G in finals.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

saint vince wrote:It hasn't worried us the last two years when we pants them on the G in finals.
Exactly, they can play there 22 times a year AFAIC, we'll still knock 'em off if they can't produce something miraculous between now and the finals.

Bowey Boy
Club Player

Collingwood are "Our Bitch". I just love a team in it with Travis Choke, Nylon Leon and other August Champions.

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

bergholt wrote:
agreed. sooking isn't attractive. let's hope the players don't have the "everyone's against me" attitude of many supporters or we'll never win anything.

Couldnt agree more.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
Moccha wrote:C'mon enough of the bulls***. Forget about playing the victim. It doesn't get anyone anywhere. St.Kilda can't win a premiership if they have this attitude. It's about time ppl moved on.
Agree with Moccha. As musc as we have been shafted and I am as p11ssed as anyone, we need to get on with winning the flag. All we need to do is keep winning, thats the best answer to the shyte

I love this club
matrix
Saintsational Legend

and how many games do with have at the dome before round 22 at aami???

its not really any diff
except they get game time on the hallowed turf before finals

did that matter to us last year???
not including the obvious last week

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

It depends how you look at it, it's an advantage to play at our home ground...you have to get to the finals first.

Feel more sorry for Freo, who I believe don't actually play there at all this year?

saintnick12
Club Player

I can't see what all the fuss is about.

MCG is their home ground (or do they have joint home grounds?? ) Not sure, but they are certainly contracted to play a certain number of games there. And then against certain teams they have to play there simply due to numbers. Surely that's not too hard to understand. The same reason our home game against Geelong was moved there this year, after the issues last year. ANd we stilll got 58000 on freezing raining night. Would have been much more on a reasonable night. Half of my party didn't come cos of the weather. With Collingwood, that's an issue with about half the teams the play. Simple as that.

We don't seem to have too many problems playing there. And have beaten the pies there the last few times.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I'm glad that everyone has a positive attitude. I understand that and no problem there.

It would have been nice to have had one or two more games at the G and I think it's a fair ponit.

If I can't say it here, where else can I say it.....My Mrs isn't interested....either is the cat....

Cheers

35...LEGEND
Club Player

Bowey Boy wrote:Collingwood are "Our Bitch". I just love a team in it with Travis Choke, Nylon Leon and other August Champions.
And at the moment TARKYN is getting a game :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Depth pffffft .

maverick
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:I'm glad that everyone has a positive attitude. I understand that and no problem there.

It would have been nice to have had one or two more games at the G and I think it's a fair ponit.

If I can't say it here, where else can I say it.....My Mrs isn't interested....either is the cat....

Cheers
Anyone notice how much ST PAv is interested in Saints v Pies???

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
SaintPav wrote:I'm glad that everyone has a positive attitude. I understand that and no problem there.

Cheers
Your point being?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

lol
my cat just looks at me and continues patting his blankie
he has no interest

but granted
4 or so games at the G would be nice every year

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:

Cheers
Let me add to that Maverick. I HATE the Pies. Big deal. Nothing wrong with that...End of story wise guy.