This still hurts.....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

This still hurts.....

A great four points but lets never forget....we have unfinished business.

Some of you may hate me for this but take a look at the clip at the 2.20 min mark.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

please delete this shyte from our site.

Once was enough for me.

I know what happend thanks.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:please delete this shyte from our site.

Once was enough for me.

I know what happend thanks.
yes me too. i nearly choked up when we won. still not enough revenge... its still to come!

GO SAINTS!

Go saints in '09!
StSteven
Club Player

The worst part about watching it on tv last Friday night was the repeated shots of our devestation and their celebration. made me feel ill.

santazzi
Club Player

Re: This still hurts.....

SaintPav wrote:A great four points but lets never forget....we have unfinished business.

Some of you may hate me for this but take a look at the clip at the 2.20 min mark.

Hate ya?....Nah..........I am over it..........great clip.........helps me maintain the RAGE........more important...........the boys clearly are maintaining their rage if friday night is a window to their collective psyche...We know....the boys know...and now the screeching pussys know that there was a day light robbery on the last saturday in September 2009 at the G justice will come soon.....!!

i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

StSteven wrote:The worst part about watching it on tv last Friday night was the repeated shots of our devestation and their celebration. made me feel ill.
i agree seeing lenny and bj crying is too much. I just can't take it !! It's so crushing.... especially i remember the blurry presentation and sitting in the crowd shellshocked. I was in a trance!

Go saints in '09!
saintnick12
Club Player

I just watched that link again, though I don't know why. It still haunts me.

So much of that footage has been shown in the lead up to this game and such a reminder of how much it hurt. The scenes of the boys after the game are haunting. Being there Friday night in the rain was an eery reminder too. That shot of the spoil and toe poke in the middle of the ground. How well Zac did to get to that ball. How him and Kosi ended up knocking into each other allowing the cats to get away.It's a game of inches. Had his spoil gone forward, had Ablett marked instead and everything slowed down. Had Schneider kicked the way he did the other night. Who know's...we'll never know. So many ifs buts and maybes. At least we won this time, but it doesn't take away the pain as we all know. Only a flag will will do that.

It was interesting to hear Tom Harley discussing it on footy flashbacks today. He said the devestation of losing the GF was a higher degree than the elation of winning. The losing cuts so deep. Interesting.

I think Friday night was a step on the way to another chance. A big step. Had we got smashed I think it would have been damaging confidence wise. But our win and more than that, the way we won...the way we stopped them scoring, the way we did it without a few stars will give us confidence playing them again. The football world had them way out on top but now acknlowledge us as genuine challengers and our boys believe it too.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
linz
Club Player

We can only do our best.
They are a super side.
They must be despite the fact Fish lips is coach.

I'm crossing my fingers even though they were missng Kelly, Chapman & Ottens.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Still can't watch anything from that game, unless I inadvertently see it on a commercial or a footy show. Not going to actively watch anything until we finish that Unfinished Business.