Channel 9 News...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
plugger66 wrote: As I said most but certainly not all by the looks of that piece. Anyway my points stands that we are saying it is about police corruption and then bringing up rumours on Milne and joey.
I think we on here may be the only ones focussing on police corruption. I don't see any huge photo's of policemen on the front page of the Sun this morning.
That sums up my issue with this.

It seems a really strange way for Ch9 and the Hun to run this story if their primary focus is the police corruption angle.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:we then go and post unsubstantiated rubbish which has nothing to do with police corruption.
For you, reading my post, it is unsubstantiated.

From my perspective, it was absolutely substantiated.

Anyway, that fact aside I do agree with you to a point.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

The HS and CH9 don't give sh!t about anything but selling papers and ratings...Both organisations has many conflicts of interest and hidden financial and political agendas.

When you are dealing with big business, corruption, and media thats alligned with the right side of politics, anything goes, many get crushed by these beasts.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:The HS and CH9 don't give sh!t about anything but selling papers and ratings...Both organisations has many conflicts of interest and hidden financial and political agendas.

When you are dealing with big business, corruption, and media thats alligned with the right side of politics, anything goes, many get crushed by these beasts.
Did you see my post on SEN? I asked the producer about the coverage and he said: "we just report the headlines mate"..............Most people can't take in too much information at once. The messages need to be kept very simple". It's all about getting the big headline so people listen in, watch readd whatever so we can sell more advertising, so we can make more revenue, so our share price goes up, so we get more bonuses....i think you get the picture and I think all you guys know this anyway so I'm just ranting...All I know is that I LOVE THE SAINTS....CARNA SAIIIINTSSSSSS

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Leo.J
SS Life Member

SaintPav wrote:
Leo.J wrote:The HS and CH9 don't give sh!t about anything but selling papers and ratings...Both organisations has many conflicts of interest and hidden financial and political agendas.

Did you see my post on SEN? I asked the producer about the coverage and he said: "we just report the headlines mate"..............Most people can't take in too much information at once. The messages need to be kept very simple". It's all about getting the big headline so people listen in, watch readd whatever so we can sell more advertising, so we can make more revenue, so our share price goes up, so we get more bonuses....i think you get the picture and I think all you guys know this anyway so I'm just ranting...All I know is that I LOVE THE SAINTS....CARNA SAIIIINTSSSSSS
I listened to 774 this morning, and the current topic of discussion didn't get a mention in the ABC news head lines...

It was the leading story for most of the morning on the SEN news.

At least they were finally stating that
'rape investigations were dropped', not 'rape charges were dropped'.

Unfortunately this sort of story is appealing to the great unwashed.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Alicia Gorey (currently reading the news on the Today Show..and mad keen Sainter) slipped in "Go Saints" at least twice during the Today Show this morning..at one point being asked by Karl "any other plugs you want to give the St Kilda Football Club??"

:D

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

One does wonder why this story was released this week, considering both interviews were conducted about a month ago :roll:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
eppo67
Club Player

The Law Institute's Michael McNamara yesterday questioned the timing of Mr Gladman's claims and why they were aired publicly rather than through internal police channels.

"To put both Milne and the victim through this again is an awful state of affairs," he said.

He said that if Mr Gladman maintained that his investigation had been conducted fairly and thoroughly, then any attempt to influence him would have been irrelevant.

"It might just be the case that he didn't like the umpire's decision (not to prosecute)," Mr McNamara said.

+1

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

I might be slow on the discussion but is no-one else repulsed by the young woman's statement being re-printed in the Hun yesterday?

So who is doing the leaking o information now former Senior Detective Constable Gladman?

Did you ask the young woman if she agreeable to the releasing of her statement to the press to be repeated verbatum?

And the other woman at the house that night, where might her statement be?

More questions to be answered regarding this whole sordid episode and not all of the questions should be directed towards the two Saints players.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

and If by some extremely long shot the case was re-opened would any evidence now be compromised? given the amount of information now out there.......

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
degruch
Saintsational Legend

eppo67 wrote:"It might just be the case that he didn't like the umpire's decision (not to prosecute)," Mr McNamara said.
...and your average dick doesn't mind acting on their compulsions, whether outside the law or not. That's what makes this whole event so crap. The fact that it's gone public via the tabloid press doesn't do much to stem conspiracy theories.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:and If by some extremely long shot the case was re-opened would any evidence now be compromised? given the amount of information now out there.......

i think events subsequent to the cases not proceeding in a criminal forum have certainly compromised any fair trial for milne.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: channel 9 news

poatina wrote:At last the point is emerging . The investigators claim they couldn't have prepared the brief better. Clearly they say that it was not compromised at all, whatever the pressure. But the DPP thought the case wasn't viable. Note that the DPP assesses it on the basis of a reasonable prospect of conviction - not as a prima facie case or the lesser test for a case to be committed for trial by a Magistrate - but on the test of whether a jury would convict. There was no point in arresting or charging anyone unless the DPP was going to indict . He said he would not . That is his call.
The sour grapes stupidy of the now - resigned investigating cop is shown by his bleat that there was a " good prima facie case " still on the file, but that " justice " didn't take its course. His idea of Justice was that Milne be charged , paraded around , maybe committed for trial and THEN discharged by the DPP , so the copper's ego could be satisfied about what a good job he had done, and he could say to the "victim" how terrible the DPP was . Pretty much as he's saying now , except he didn't get his joy in seeing Milne charged , if only to be discharged later once his life and career were ruined.
Appalling .

pretty close to the truth i would say.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
saintbrat wrote:and If by some extremely long shot the case was re-opened would any evidence now be compromised? given the amount of information now out there.......
i think events subsequent to the cases not proceeding in a criminal forum have certainly compromised any fair trial for milne.....
Also, mud sticks...objective achieved (IMO)

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
stinger wrote:
Also, mud sticks...objective achieved (IMO)
with extra money in the pocket :wink:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Leo.J
SS Life Member

St Fidelius wrote:One does wonder why this story was released this week, considering both interviews were conducted about a month ago :roll:
Nothing to do with CH9 trying to discredit the Saints when they are part of CH7's biggest game of the year to date this week.

Nothing to do with Eddy being at CH9 and attempting some sort of pay back towards Milne.

Nothing to do with the fact that Eddy being at CH9 using his position there to attempt to destablise an oppostion club that Collingwood will contest a top4 spot with.

Another co-incidence being that the HS have gone so hard in trying to associate the clubs logo with the head lines of sex scandal, and rape... could that have anything to do with the fact that one of the Saints major sponsor is the Age?

Then there is the politcal side of it that st.fid was explaining last night...

Indeed one does wonder about the timing of it... :wink:

Btw I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories... :D

Jimmy1972
Club Player

I hate Collingwood. And now I really really hate them alot more.

I hope when when we play them in RD 16 that we smash them, hurt them and they whimper off into the sunset.

The media is a joke.

I can't wait for the sequel to 'Joffa' which is titled 'The Fall of Eddie Macguire' a tale of corruption, disappointment and failure.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. :twisted:

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Jimmy1972 wrote:I hate Collingwood. And now I really really hate them alot more.
That's the most important thing to take from this. If you have any hate in your soul...point it straight at those filthy scum sucking pigs. :lol:

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

it is not humanly possible for me to despise Collingwood anymore than I do.
Their supporters are truly the lowest and an embarrassment to the code.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Jimmy1972 wrote:
I can't wait for the sequel to 'Joffa' which is titled 'The Fall & Fall of Eddie Macguire'
People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. :twisted:
Slightly edited in the interests of accuracy :wink: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Jimmy1972
Club Player

Correct. :D

I'm over the media.

Any TV show I watch is years or months tell it gets here.

NO ADS.

I don't watch television. Don't read the papers.

Watch what I want when I want.

This will end soon maybe but as long as it exists I will filter what I want to watch.

PS. F%%k MSN.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

The Fireman wrote:it is not humanly possible for me to despise Collingwood anymore than I do.
Their supporters are truly the lowest and an embarrassment to the code.
I used to think that as well. I know now there was another level it could be taken to within me, the level of out right gutteral war type hatred .

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

3:16 wrote:
Saints43 wrote:Jason Richarson stated on SEN this morning that St Kilda had made a payment to the alleged victim. :shock:

Which front bar does he do his research in?
Fist full of Dollars hey?????

As I've stated, there's a key player in this, who is working with 2 or 3 others, makes for a very interesting re-match in Rnd 16, doesn't it!!!!!
IF this is right and fat Ed or others were driving agendas here I would love that to come out....what a debarcle that would be.........

Thats a big IF though...

“Yeah….nah””
Sainterman
Club Player

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/no-co ... -yz3s.html

Nice to see some support for the boys! I think they might be off the front page tomorrow either way!

GO SAINTS!

SaintSimmo
Club Player

Sainterman wrote:http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/no-co ... -yz3s.html

Nice to see some support for the boys! I think they might be off the front page tomorrow either way!

GO SAINTS!
ABOUT TIME!!
Respect Levels out of 10
Herald Sun: -10
The Age: 7

Least some journos have half a brain and common sense! :roll:

Sainter for life.