WELL DONE SAINTS 40,000

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

WELL DONE SAINTS 40,000

Good work all involved and great work from supporters to sign up

http://www.saints.com.au/season2010/new ... fault.aspx

Saints reach new membership milestone
10:57 AM Fri 04 June, 2010
Since last year, Kid’s Membership numbers have increased by 33%, and Level 3 Reserved Seating members now fill seven times the number of seats at Etihad Stadium.

Overall, the Saints have welcomed over 10,300 new members to the Club in 2010.

St Kilda CEO Michael Nettlefold said, “The fantastic support the Club has received from our members has been inspirational.â€

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Well, that's epic.

That's an army behind the saints players.

We might just give our boys the roar they deserve if they can run out on the field in september for us.

Something we've probably never quite been able to do to the level of say essendon, carlton, richmond or collingwood. Might give us something extra when the time comes.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Thats brilliant. Great work by the club

I love this club
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

This is fantastic for our club. Great that so many people have jumped aboard. Now everyone, make some noise at the footy, its ok :lol:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

ralphsmith wrote:Well, that's epic.

We might just give our boys the roar they deserve if they can run out on the field in september for us.

Something we've probably never quite been able to do to the level of say essendon, carlton, richmond or collingwood. Might give us something extra when the time comes.
Have to disagree with you here. The final against Collingwood last year disproves your theory. Saints supporters drowned out the Collingwood ferals from the very beginning of the match. The masses of Saints supporters waving off the Collingwood supporters is an image I will not forget for quite some time to come. Waving off the Collingwood Feral family behind me and telling them 'see ya next year' is also an experience I will not forget. I had the misfortune of having to put up with the toothless, uneducated fool throughout the entire match. Karma is sweet! :twisted:

Fortius Quo Fidelius
na exa
Club Player

i wonder how many of those 3,914 '09members who havn't rejoined were social clubbers.

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

You're right. I wasn't there unfortunately but was told it was amazing.

I wish we (supporters) brought that attitude to the grand final though. There was something OFF that day. Something off...seemed like a dream or a daze or something.

Go saints.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

na exa wrote:i wonder how many of those 3,914 '09members who havn't rejoined were social clubbers.
Wouldn't be many I would not think. If they did drop off, their places were filled very quickly. We still have 2 family members on the waiting list.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Shame they didn't use The Footy Show but heard it on SEN.

Well done Sainters.

na exa
Club Player

if they did drop off , it was because of the imposition of paying 'all' before the 8th of december.

and if so , they wont be back...not after having lost their sc.

Finna
Club Player

Absolutely Awesome.

Well Done.

Who would have thought that a few years ago?

Oh When The Saints Go Marching In.......
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

na exa wrote:if they did drop off , it was because of the imposition of paying 'all' before the 8th of december.

and if so , they wont be back...not after having lost their sc.
their loss and there will always be places opening up as some have found

and I guess those with reserved seats were used to it

as I said on another thread- gone are the days when you can assume there is space/room or a seat...
clubs can no longer run on a promise and require people to be committed.

lesson 101: read the paper work...

and start saving for 2011

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
na exa
Club Player

in o8 you had until june09 to pay.

in 09 you had until dec 09 to pay

where was that info at the start of 09 ?

super dooper
Club Player

Its great to hear that there has been a big increase in bandwagoners, great for the financial hip pocket of the club.

Now, reward us long term suffering members with september success!!

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

ralphsmith wrote:
I wish we (supporters) brought that attitude to the grand final though. There was something OFF that day. Something off...seemed like a dream or a daze or something.

I know what was off that day ralphsmith (other than the obvious) it was the bloody weather !! Coldest day this banana bender has had to endue for many a long year. :lol:

milney044
Club Player

I thought that no matter how many members you have, when it comes to the Grand Final only a specific percentage is actually made available to club supporters. As in, majority of the seats are prioritised for corporates and co and only a small margin of the crowd at the Grand Final is actually the two team's supporters. So it wouldn't matter if you had 10,000 or 50,000 members as each club gets the same number of seats?

Anyway, a great achievement by the club, happy to be part of that 40,000! :)

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

na exa wrote:in o8 you had until june09 to pay.

in 09 you had until dec 09 to pay

where was that info at the start of 09 ?
There are INTEREST FREE options to pay this off over 10 months (I think this is the time frame, possibly more). All members received info on payment plans via both email and snail mail. Info is also readily available in your online Saints account. No excuse really if you are serious about retaining your membership and a possible GF seat by keeping your social club membership (of course unless you still cannot afford it, which in this economy would not be surprising).

Fortius Quo Fidelius
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Stephen Theodore wrote:ralphsmith wrote:

I know what was off that day ralphsmith (other than the obvious) it was the bloody weather !! Coldest day this banana bender has had to endue for many a long year. :lol:
I think the bigger factor is that on GF Day you get way too many "theatre goers" and "neutrals" attending who don't givea toss about either team playing and so hence just watch rather than support/barrack for the two teams playing.

Other finals tend to have better atmosphere as they have a much higher % of the crows that actually follow the two teams playing.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

milney044 wrote:

I thought that no matter how many members you have, when it comes to the Grand Final only a specific percentage is actually made available to club supporters. As in, majority of the seats are prioritised for corporates and co and only a small margin of the crowd at the Grand Final is actually the two team's supporters. So it wouldn't matter if you had 10,000 or 50,000 members as each club gets the same number of seats?

Anyway, a great achievement by the club, happy to be part of that 40,000! :)
Social club membership is capped so that they are all guaranteed a seat. A basic membership will not get you a GF seat unless Social Club members decline the option to take their seat. This is why maintaining your Social Club membership is crucial if you wish to obtain a GF seat if the team makes it there.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

saintsRrising wrote:
Stephen Theodore wrote:ralphsmith wrote:

I think the bigger factor is that on GF Day you get way too many "theatre goers" and "neutrals" attending who don't givea toss about either team playing and so hence just watch rather than support/barrack for the two teams playing.

Other finals tend to have better atmosphere as they have a much higher % of the crows that actually follow the two teams playing.
Spot on! The St Kilda Bays were rocking up until the last 5-10 minutes of the GF last year.... :cry:

Fortius Quo Fidelius