Lyon's spray at half time

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

busso mick
Club Player

Lyon's spray at half time

I was listening to ABC720 this morning and Glen Mitchell said he interviewed Nick DalSanto yesterday after the game. Nick commented on the massive spray that the Saints received at half time from Ross the Boss and was surprised they couldn't hear it in the commentary box. From all accounts it did the job and well coached Ross.

35...LEGEND
Club Player

Re: Lyon's spray at half time

busso mick wrote:I was listening to ABC720 this morning and Glen Mitchell said he interviewed Nick DalSanto yesterday after the game. Nick commented on the massive spray that the Saints received at half time from Ross the Boss and was surprised they couldn't hear it in the commentary box. From all accounts it did the job and well coached Ross.
Yeah,heard Dal's interview after the game last night......also said that Ross "never missed anyone" :lol:

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Good.

markp
Saintsational Legend

It was a very frustrating first half... did most things right, but it was just bouncing out of the forward 50 like a ping pong ball.

Seems it did the trick!

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

he made a few good positional moves that i thought were important, too.

goddard provided a bit of spark up forward in that third quarter.

his long goal that gave us the lead was a real team-lifter. it put us in front and we never looked back.

markp
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:he made a few good positional moves that i thought were important, too.

his long goal that gave us the lead was a real team-lifter. it put us in front and we never looked back.
You just reminded me of BJ's one handed mark too!

McEvoy forward (and goaling) also at that time was pivotal.

35...LEGEND
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:he made a few good positional moves that i thought were important, too.

Goddard was ordinary at best 8-)

No he's a GUN :P

Saintsfan
Club Player

Fully grown men should not need to be yelled at to do a job better. The much loved 'spray' is an indictment on how simple and immature most players are that they need to be yelled at like children.

The Saintsfan Cometh
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

If it did the job why did WCE kick the first 2 goals and dominate play?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Lyon seems to be a pretty straightforward sort of bloke. What you see is what you get.

If you are playing s.hit he wont mollycoddle you, if you play well you get due credit.

I am glad he gave them a spray, they bloody well deserved it. First half was very poor. Skills and attack on the ball.

The "frontal pressure" was non existent (as it has been for the past month), but suddenly, 3 goals down and the whole team lifted, the forward tackling become more intense, and Lenny, Dal, Joey and bj got their hands on it and kicked it long.

If RL's spray had anything to do with the change of attitude, he should do it more often.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Saintsfan
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:If it did the job why did WCE kick the first 2 goals and dominate play?
Because getting yelled at like children really makes men do their job better or more efficiently.

The Saintsfan Cometh
markp
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:If it did the job why did WCE kick the first 2 goals and dominate play?
You're right... they were probably upset at being yelled at, and it took them a while to regain their composure and hold WC to only one more goal for the rest of the game.

No one is saying any one thing 'did the job', but surely every little thing played a part.

35...LEGEND
Club Player

Obviously it took a few minutes to get the ringing out of the ear's :wink:

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Whatever hapened, it worked;

A 52 POINT TURNAROUND IN 45 MINUTES OF FOOTBALL IS MASSIVE

At the 9 minute mark of the 3rd Quarter we were 17 points down. To secure a 35 point win from there shows just how dominant our boys were. Lets hope they are all made very aware of just how this was acheived !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
You're right... they were probably upset at being yelled at, and it took them a while to regain their composure and hold WC to only one more goal for the rest of the game.

No one is saying any one thing 'did the job', but surely every little thing played a part.
Well I think we can say Lenny, BJ, Schneider, Dal and a few others had a huge part in it.

busso mick
Club Player

Saintsfan wrote:
Because getting yelled at like children really makes men do their job better or more efficiently.
Maybe a few home truths resonated a bit with some of our guys. Maybe it made no difference at all. Who cares - we won and I am happy.

markp
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
markp wrote:

Well I think we can say Lenny, BJ, Schneider, Dal and a few others had a huge part in it.
Wow, I am speechless... I think you may be onto something!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
markp wrote:

You think they did?

Dont know about that.

because RL's sprays are so effective, he is just going to yell t the opposition huddle from now on and we should just win by default.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Dont' mess with Ross :wink: Maybe he could come over to my place and give the family "a little talking to" :wink:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Maybe Dal got a spray, for that one handed marking attempt earlier in the game? :wink:

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
bozza1980
Club Player

Saintsfan wrote:Fully grown men should not need to be yelled at to do a job better. The much loved 'spray' is an indictment on how simple and immature most players are that they need to be yelled at like children.
The days of the indiscriminate spray ala Barassi and co are long gone, however there will always be a place for the spray in football.

Sometimes the good old paint peeling spray is what the doctor ordered.

Not that the football field is a war zone but as a comparison I think it is a little apt, do you think on the battlefield when a soldier is performing poorly his superiors take him aside for a cup of tea and a calm and rational discussion of his failings??

No, sometimes when time is limited and the message urgent it is delivered in a short, sharp and agressive manner this is regardless of maturity or otherwise of the people involved.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
PLUGGER14
Club Player

bozza1980 wrote:
The days of the indiscriminate spray ala Barassi and co are long gone, however there will always be a place for the spray in football.

No, sometimes when time is limited and the message urgent it is delivered in a short, sharp and agressive manner this is regardless of maturity or otherwise of the people involved.
Worked wonders on my U16's a few weeks ago :wink:

bozza1980
Club Player

PLUGGER14 wrote:
bozza1980 wrote:

Worked wonders on my U16's a few weeks ago :wink:
I should have said constant indiscriminate sprays.

There will always be a place for the spray in football as long as it's not overused it can be quite effective.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
Duggie
Club Player

Sometimes an aperient takes a while to work. :lol:

A Saint Forever!