Sandringham Vs Bombers Sat 15th-Reports/ Photos

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:Geartner did not appear to play,

How did posters see Leigh Fishers game?
To be honest who cares I actually like Fish.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

same here Plugger- and wondered how he went

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:So Raph Clarke must have been very quiet?
He's the emergency for tomorrow.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Lethal Leigh Fisher :wink:

In all seriousness great news with Walsh, Stanley, Steven and Smith.

They'll all be 100 game players for us I reckon.

Peake needs to pull his finger out.

And did any of our guys play for the magoos in their massacre?

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:Lethal Leigh Fisher :wink:

Without being negative there is no way all 4 will play 100 games for the Saints.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Without being negative there is no way all 4 will play 100 games for the Saints.
plugger, given the potential of the 4 players involved, you may wish to replace "no way" with "unlikely" :idea:

ace
Saintsational Legend

redhotsaints wrote:Raph only emergency not playing, lynchys hand no longer bandaged just walked passed
Doesn't matter Heyne has got the chance that Lynch was hoping for.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

plugger, given the potential of the 4 players involved, you may wish to replace "no way" with "unlikely" :idea:
No I will stick with no way. Please show many anywhere in the history of any club where 4 low picks like that have played 100 games together. Happy if all 4 play at least 10 games.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

No I will stick with no way. Please show many anywhere in the history of any club where 4 low picks like that have played 100 games together. Happy if all 4 play at least 10 games.
Well in that case we'll just have to lock it in (not that anyone here will remember your statement if they all chalk up the 100 over the next 5-7 years :) )

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Well in that case we'll just have to lock it in (not that anyone here will remember your statement if they all chalk up the 100 over the next 5-7 years :) )
Also more happy to be wrong.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

i havent been wanting to get my hopes up...

but sounds like tommy walsh might actually make it and jesse smith might actually come back.

its exciting news.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

probably right, but i'm hoping that a couple of them get through. anyway, you saw the game and i'd be interested in your take on their performances.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

probably right, but i'm hoping that a couple of them get through. anyway, you saw the game and i'd be interested in your take on their performances.
Sorry I didnt see the game my wife did. i had to watch my other side Ormond down at Rupertswood on the other side of the earth.

redhotsaints
Club Player

I knew one of the umpires in ressies he said there were 2 saints players which rocked up late I seen Blake but I don't know the other and neither did he.

zebraman
Club Player

redhotsaints wrote:

I knew one of the umpires in ressies he said there were 2 saints players which rocked up late I seen Blake but I don't know the other and neither did he.
McGrath was the only Saint player in the 2nds...Archer was there very early and I thought he was playing but he spent a fiar bit of time on the treatment table getting some physio done

Foz
Club Player

Gaetner didnt play and as mentioned Raph is the emergency for the Saints today.

Leigh Fisher played well and had some good composure in the backline, the style suited him as he had that experienced mind to deal with some of the plays.

I thought Walsh was lucky to be in the top 6 but he did take a pass in the forward line after a strong lead ; for mine it showed the improvement at understanding the pace of the game and getting timing right. His defensive skills one on one were solid, at one stage he spoilt with his foot as the two of them tussled. The improvement from intraclub game was monumental.

Jesse Smith best passage of play was an interception in the back half and he rode shotgun with the play as Sandy ran it up through the corridor, it resulted in a set shot but unfortunately i think hit the post. The runners yelled out his name to congratulate and his first thought was to turn around and run to the bench (as that was his stint done) I noticed good teaching to the kids as well, where to lead into on the field. He looks good pace in a straight line but looked most comfortable as the outside player at this stage. If his body holds up im sure he'll be valuable.

Must say I didnt see Simpkin but glad to see him in the best.

Archer was on bench for first half at times because of the fact Cahill was forward, however he got a lot more game time in the 2nd half. He's a huge unit and he looked frustrated in the 1st half when he came off as he went to ground too easily. He's a great size to persevere with (reminds me of Dawes a little)

Jack Steven and Eddy left nothing on the park - Jack was very busy and best for Sandy. Got some great clearances when it counted as Sandy came back in the final quarter.

Thought Howard, our former rookie, did some nice things. Again not all that often but has good pace which Sandy didnt have oodles of.

The memory for mine was Stanley taking a set shot from 55 near the end of the game. He went a mile back, never considered passing it and went back and drilled it. Hes a super talent, raw as stated, but considering it was after he had rucked 3/4 of the day against bigger bodies, it was a great pointer to the future. The fact hes a contested marker, huge kick and has pace are great attributes for a long AFL career.

Go Sainters Go
Club Player

Clearly, having seen the game yesterday, VFL football is vastly inferior to AFL and may be even behind the A Grade Ammos today. There would have been at least half a dozen Bendigo guys who are far better footballers than our listed guys based on yesterdays performance. They would run in packs, back one another and open the play consistently whereas our guys would do the opposite.
Stanley, Steven, Peake, Hutchings, Archer and Jesse Smith are real tryers but their skill levels are down because there is no confidence of support from the rest of the team - this is largely a coaching problem - so they try to do too much and it comes undone.
Tommy Walshe has a future in AFL and whist he didn't do a lot, is doing enough to suggest that for a guy who has played only 7 or 8 games of Aussie Rulles, he is learning quickly.
Jesse Smith, in his second game (with only about 50% game time) after 2 years absence, will improve with fitness and should play senior footy.
Leigh Fisher - sorry, but is just an ordinary VFL borderline player as he lacks the skills to go further.
All in all, based on what I saw yesterday, I was not overly impressed, hence a loss by 16 points.

Once a "Saint" always a trueblooded "Saint"
zebraman
Club Player

Go Sainters Go wrote:Clearly, having seen the game yesterday, VFL football is vastly inferior to AFL and may be even behind the A Grade Ammos today. There would have been at least half a dozen Bendigo guys who are far better footballers than our listed guys based on yesterdays performance. They would run in packs, back one another and open the play consistently whereas our guys would do the opposite.
Stanley, Steven, Peake, Hutchings, Archer and Jesse Smith are real tryers but their skill levels are down because there is no confidence of support from the rest of the team - this is largely a coaching problem - so they try to do too much and it comes undone.
Tommy Walshe has a future in AFL and whist he didn't do a lot, is doing enough to suggest that for a guy who has played only 7 or 8 games of Aussie Rulles, he is learning quickly.
Jesse Smith, in his second game (with only about 50% game time) after 2 years absence, will improve with fitness and should play senior footy.
Leigh Fisher - sorry, but is just an ordinary VFL borderline player as he lacks the skills to go further.
All in all, based on what I saw yesterday, I was not overly impressed, hence a loss by 16 points.
You cannot be serious...sandy 2nds would beat ammos sides...this is the 2nd best comp in Australia and you think that an Amateur side would beat a VFL side...strange thinking indeed

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

zebraman wrote:
Go Sainters Go wrote:Clearly, having seen the game yesterday, VFL football is vastly inferior to AFL and may be even behind the A Grade Ammos today. There would have been at least half a dozen Bendigo guys who are far better footballers than our listed guys based on yesterdays performance. They would run in packs, back one another and open the play consistently whereas our guys would do the opposite.
You cannot be serious...sandy 2nds would beat ammos sides...this is the 2nd best comp in Australia and you think that an Amateur side would beat a VFL side...strange thinking indeed
Agree that the firsts would kill the top Ammo sides but cannot agree about the seconds. The Ammos would win pretty easily.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

thanks all for great match reports.
saintbrat wrote:Geartner did not appear to play, saw a report of ill health and Dr preferred caution,
pattison also didn't have a run? anyone hearing anything about him?

zebraman
Club Player

bergholt wrote:thanks all for great match reports.
saintbrat wrote:Geartner did not appear to play, saw a report of ill health and Dr preferred caution,
pattison also didn't have a run? anyone hearing anything about him?
He got a one match suspension from last weeks game against Port Melbourne

Go Sainters Go
Club Player

No disrespect Zebraman, but the standard of football I saw yesterday from the Sandy boys, and that includes the Saints players, was not pretty. Given that sort of performance, they would be beaten by the likes of Old. Xavs, Collegians and a few others in the A Grade competition.

Once a "Saint" always a trueblooded "Saint"
zebraman
Club Player

Go Sainters Go wrote:No disrespect Zebraman, but the standard of football I saw yesterday from the Sandy boys, and that includes the Saints players, was not pretty. Given that sort of performance, they would be beaten by the likes of Old. Xavs, Collegians and a few others in the A Grade competition.
Sorry SGS...but you are so off the mark...

We can agree to disagree on what is purely a hypothetical scenario

zebraman
Club Player

This week alone there were 16 players from the various VFL clubs who couldn't get a game in either the VFL 1sts or 2nds and have gone back to the VAFA

Duggie
Club Player

Foz, Thanks for the report :lol:

A Saint Forever!