Raph Must Be Dropped!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dark Days
Club Player

Weeks ago

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote:
ralphsmith wrote:About 7 players need to be dropped.

But sadly, we have absolutely no depth and dropping players won't solve anything because we can only bring in equally bad players with equal lack of ability/enthusiasm.
How bizarre, only 9 months ago we were revelling in how much depth this club had.
Max retired, Ball left us, X and Goose were let go, Armo and Geary look like GOPs, Dempster has gone missing.....

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
lennyandkarl
Club Player

Don't be mean to the poor bloke. All you flogs got into me after the GF megafail effort last year about picking on him and I saw the light. He is clearly up to it and anyone who says otherwise is full of it. Crucified by the umpires and teammates poor kicking tonight. I felt sorry for him,

Trolls are bad mkay.
oakleighboy
Club Player

He is as weak as they come.
Get rid of him
He is a pathetic excuse for aplayer

Solar
Saintsational Legend

watch all the dicks with posts less then 10 come out and flame a player who worked his guts out all night. There were at least 10 players worst and most are big names.....

Seriously between the umpiring and some of you so called fans I do wonder why I bother...

I hope raph doesn't ever get a game again so I never have to listen to all your s*** AGAIN!

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Drop Raph. But only after all the players (and there were a lot of them) that were worse than him are dropped.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Drop Raph. But only after all the players (and there were a lot of them) that were worse than him are dropped.
If people actually stayed in that final quarter they would have seen that only a few players continued to battle on and one was raph. He wont be a star but showed enough as a lead up forward to work on

FQF
In richo I trust

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Solar wrote:
borderbarry wrote:Drop Raph. But only after all the players (and there were a lot of them) that were worse than him are dropped.
If people actually stayed in that final quarter they would have seen that only a few players continued to battle on and one was raph. He wont be a star but showed enough as a lead up forward to work on
Please don't let the facts get in the way of the hysteria on here tonight solar.....what are you thinking? Raph could hold up the entire defense, then go up forward and kick 10 goals and STILL people would be calling for him to be dropped!

Seriously, I didn't notice Raph that much compared to about 7 others that played for us tonight. We had an absolute SHOCKER!!! Richmond would have beaten us tonight. Thank god the margin was only 60 points!! Had we played anyone in the top 4 it would have been double.

Anyhoo, carry on as you were with the Raph bashing......

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Solar
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:
Solar wrote:
Please don't let the facts get in the way of the hysteria on here tonight solar.....what are you thinking? Raph could hold up the entire defense, then go up forward and kick 10 goals and STILL people would be calling for him to be dropped!

Seriously, I didn't notice Raph that much compared to about 7 others that played for us tonight. We had an absolute SHOCKER!!! Richmond would have beaten us tonight. Thank god the margin was only 60 points!! Had we played anyone in the top 4 it would have been double.

Anyhoo, carry on as you were with the Raph bashing......
Just in a little shock as I came on here and was listening to the usual s*** on SEN with mark "please attack stkilda" fine...... and could not believe that the idiots decided to wack clarke.

First of all was he part of a midfield who got destroyed tonight? NO? Was he walking around for the whole game (yes thats you dal). Did he do most of his roles to a decient level? Yes. Did he get set up by dodgy handballs several times? Yes! Did he keep running hard to present? Yes. Did he work his butt off when most saints players had tossed in the towel in the final quarter?

I was so impressed at his attack on the ball in that final quarter, never gave in.

The little weasals just want soft targets to attack..... :roll:

FQF
In richo I trust

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I am pretty sure Raph had 5 kicked on him in the first quarter and a half...

Dennis just said - Raph is not having a great night....

I called this three weeks ago and was howled down, so.....

fact is
Armo 2 goals, seven tackles last week....Raph - another number of critical errors.....

Solar
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:I am pretty sure Raph had 5 kicked on him in the first quarter and a half...

Dennis just said - Raph is not having a great night....

I called this three weeks ago and was howled down, so.....

fact is
Armo 2 goals, seven tackles last week....Raph - another number of critical errors.....
one is a inside midfielder, one is a medium tall defender/forward.

Don't let facts get in the way..... it wouldn't matter who was in defence tonight, the midfield got killed.... but no blast away..... :roll:

FQF
In richo I trust

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote:
ralphsmith wrote:About 7 players need to be dropped.

But sadly, we have absolutely no depth and dropping players won't solve anything because we can only bring in equally bad players with equal lack of ability/enthusiasm.
How bizarre, only 9 months ago we were revelling in how much depth this club had.
Our depth isn't great. It's been an issue for our entire run of relative success from 04-10.

If we make the Prelim, and perhaps go further, it'll be because of our bottom six or seven doing all the right things to complement come very good players and an excellent gameplan. Tonight we weren't at our best, and were up against a very good team with a very good plan to get through us. But there aren't many out there that can exploit us like that.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Winmar
Club Player

I was waiting for the inevitable Raph thread. Most of our players were appalling tonight. It's just so predictable that he gets singled out on here.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

The usual kiddies and old folks complaining about Raph.
I bet you all boo when any team kicks backwards.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
vantheman
Club Player

tackles

Raph was one of the few whose tackles actually "stuck" last night.

Far from perfect but at least he had a "go"

More than anything it was the absence of pressure especially from the mids that caused this fiasco last night

Team tackle must improve................... and quickly!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

had 4 one percenters, 5 tackles, 1 clearance, 2 marks, 2 frees for, 1 against

where as nicky dal had one inside 50, 1 tackle and 1 one percenter
and disposed the ball at 50% accuracy

lets drop raph and send a message while keeping a star in the midfield who doesnt want to work when he gets a decent opponent

redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

matrix wrote:had 4 one percenters, 5 tackles, 1 clearance, 2 marks, 2 frees for, 1 against

where as nicky dal had one inside 50, 1 tackle and 1 one percenter
and disposed the ball at 50% accuracy

lets drop raph and send a message while keeping a star in the midfield who doesnt want to work when he gets a decent opponent
Yes Matrix appeared to be the return of the "Jogging Man" last night from Dal. Jogged around for 3/4 and didn't look interested until he got a rocket at 3/4 time and then he put in a bit of effort. .

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
noob
Club Player

difference is dal santo can be a matchwinner. raph can not

bob__71
Club Player

noob wrote:difference is dal santo can be a matchwinner. raph can not
Which is more reason why Dals performance was even worse, and Raphs more commendable.

Raphs skills were well down tonight. But at least he showed some guts and perseverance.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

A couple of times last night Raph had to re-tackle a player who had slipped an ineffective tackle from a Saint.
And as to having 5 goals kicked on him, what crap!!!!!

markp
Saintsational Legend

Very far from our worst... some (many) people have tunnel vision when it comes to Raph.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:Very far from our worst... some (many) people have tunnel vision when it comes to Raph.
Both ways!

He can be utterly terrible,and he can be handy at best. Many on here think he's a superstar which I find more perplexing than the detractors.

One thing I'll give is I think he gives it his best each week....it's just that his mistakes are so so bad. I've heard about all this 'class' he supposedly has for 5-6 years now,I'm yet too see anything to suggest he has any class.

Class players don't cough up the ball and fumble like he does. His best quality is he can provide run and break the lines every now and then...a good example was the second half of the prelim last year.Lenny and Roo aside,I don't think we would of won if it wasn't for him taking on the game in the second half. Unfortunatly we don't see this from him near enough

Bring back the Lockett era
markp
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:Many on here think he's a superstar
Who?

WaggaSaint
Club Player

I'm a 'Raph basher', but to be fair to the poor lad, I thought he did a lot (I use that term loosely) of good things last night.

I've heard so many people last year raving about his forward skills, and how we all need to see his 'amazing ability' up forward. He was in the F50 for some time in the 3rd quarter, and he got near it a few times. I was excited about it and I wanted him to show me (us) some of his magic. Unfortunately it wasn't to be seen.

I really want him to be good. When he gets the ball & goes for a run with it, he looks great, really composed and like he should be there. The thing is though, while he's looking good, it's about the same time as he's being tackled because he's too slow with it.

If he must be in the team, why not try him as a forward solution? We all love Kosi, but it's not working. Try something new.

Nice one chopps....
bigred
Saintsational Legend

noob wrote:difference is dal santo can be a matchwinner. raph can not
If that is the case then why did he put in such a performance?

Dal Santo should be ashamed of that game. Seriously ashamed.

He will have to stand up in front of his peers and explain it this week.

Gotta get a kick to be a matchwinner.

He had his arse handed to him plain and simple.