Hutchison denies Stanley injury

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

StNoodles
Club Player

Hutchison denies Stanley injury

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

“That’s not right. From my understanding he’s OK. He may have gone off but he hasn’t reported that he’s been injured,â€

Moods
Saintsational Legend

THat's good news. What didn't sound as promising was this quote from Hutchison in the same article about Sam Fisher's injury

We’re just hopeful that he will come back healthy, but we’re really not in a position where we know exactly when he’s going to be back.â€

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

hmmm, starting to sound more than just a 5 or 6 week ankle. "Just hoping he will come back healthy" ?

Mr X from the West
Club Player

"Hasn't started running yet"....sheesh!

"Blow out the candle I will burn again tomorrow"
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Good to know that Stanley is a possibility...

Think that they might stick with Ben though as Stanley's form has not been that flash at Sandy..

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Unforgiven
SS Life Member

Good news if true regarding Stanley. I think the players in contention to replace Kosi are Cahill, Stanley, Gardiner and maybe Lynch.

Gardiner and King to ruck, Benny Mac to FF.
Or a straight swap with Stanley, Cahill or Lynch to FF, and Gardiner/Benny, King/Benny to ruck.

While we are playing North this week, I think the selection choice should be stuck with and seen through the next 3 rounds. No point playing Stanley/Cahill for a game only to be dropped for collingwood.

Carpe Diem
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Unforgiven wrote:Good news if true regarding Stanley. I think the players in contention to replace Kosi are Cahill, Stanley, Gardiner and maybe Lynch.

Or a straight swap with Stanley, Cahill or Lynch to FF, and Gardiner/Benny, King/Benny to ruck.

While we are playing North this week, I think the selection choice should be stuck with and seen through the next 3 rounds. No point playing Stanley/Cahill for a game only to be dropped for collingwood.
or nick heyne

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Unforgiven
SS Life Member

for a key position though? Heyne strikes me as a flanker in both heigh, build and playing style.

Stanley and Cahill are legitimate Key poisition players, and while I reckon Lynch is more a lead up 3rd tall, at 192 he also a key position player potentailly or has some size about him.

I think with the current forward set up, Riewoldt, Mini, Milne, Schneider etc, a bit more height and size is the way to go.

Carpe Diem
ace
Saintsational Legend

Unforgiven wrote:Good news if true regarding Stanley. I think the players in contention to replace Kosi are Cahill, Stanley, Gardiner and maybe Lynch.

Gardiner may replace McEvoy or King but whoever they pick at full forward it should be a 3 game solution not a one gamer.

That means a genuine forward, not a ruckman or other makeshift filling in.
Cahill or Lynch would seem to be the more likely.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
avid
Club Player

Matt Maguire to full forward.

... Damn.

groupie1
Club Player

Unforgiven wrote:for a key position though? Heyne strikes me as a flanker in both heigh, build and playing style.

Stanley and Cahill are legitimate Key poisition players, and while I reckon Lynch is more a lead up 3rd tall, at 192 he also a key position player potentailly or has some size about him.

I think with the current forward set up, Riewoldt, Mini, Milne, Schneider etc, a bit more height and size is the way to go.
Lynch used the ball nicely couple times in NAB cup. Looks like he could be a full forward, if necessary. bit like a Tony Modra.

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga