Players in Danger..

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintslegendLH
Club Player

Players in Danger..

In my opinion these players are currently in danger or are in need of a position change, if u disagree or agree please leave your opinion

1. Kosi, frankly hes not going to be dropped, but hes not a ff, hes too slow but over a distance hes extremely fast and has the potential to make a big impact to st kilda's X factor, if we play him on the wing mabye? a tall wingman has the potential to take great marks but still have the agility and speed that a small wingman has.

2. Zac Dawson, seriously guys im only adding him onto the list because hes been on the chopping block on this forum lately, yes hes not in perticually good form atm but we all know that ross lyon likes him and believes he can grow to a fantastic player, i beleive this too if he makes the right chioces, Zac has a skinny build, so to be going to use his body against barry hall is stupid, he was playing his best footy when he was going for the ball not the opposistion,

3. Armitage is not so much in danger of being dropped but in danger of not making the top 22. Armitage is a fantastic player given a go in the centre. we saw the Hawthorn match last season where ' our players were being rested', realisticly our rookies beat the hawthorn top 22 side, Armitage played a fantastic game and with some encouregment from the coach could grow to be the replacment for luke ball, the problem is because he is young he is inconsistant for example the nab cup grand final.

4. King, frankly he was a great ruckman in his time and he is just getting old, he is still debatably a good tap ruckman but doesnt have the fitness and form to take possesions round the ground. although gardiner is also old he still is able to take grabs and kick goals for example the geelong game

finally i just want to add that Ross lyon is clearly up too something, we all know he doesn't like to pick out players in front of the media and i beleive that he will do the same this season although i think there is a new game plan based around ours last year, we were strong because he had a great defence great mid field and roo to structure and hold together our forward line. unless ross lyon has made a new game plan other teams are going to find ways to shut down our fast moving game.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

In danger of what? Winning a premiership?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Choppa
Club Player

3. Armitage is not so much in danger of being dropped but in danger of not making the top 22.

There is a differnce?

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Kosi to the wing..

imagine if the ball goes over his head and he has to sprint for it against
Lewis Jetta...

I think i'd split my sides...... :lol: :lol:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Bernard Shakey wrote:In danger of what? Winning a premiership?
No of becoming the next whipping boy! Raph, Eddy and Dempster must be excited!!

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:Kosi to the wing..

Lewis Jetta...

Imagine if the ball goes to them both at shoulder height.

Imagine if they are running towards each other to contest the ball.

Jetta will beat most players in a sprint Id say.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Spinner wrote:
bobmurray wrote:Kosi to the wing..

Lewis Jetta...

Imagine if the ball goes to them both at shoulder height.

Imagine if they are running towards each other to contest the ball.

Jetta will beat most players in a sprint Id say.
Not Rhys :D :D 8-) 8-)

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

KOSI
should of just had aaron fiora take his place over the past 4 weeks, wouldnt tell the difference

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
saintkid
Club Player

saintdooley wrote:KOSI
should of just had aaron fiora take his place over the past 4 weeks, wouldnt tell the difference
LMFAO! :lol: :lol:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

:shock:

I realise I don't have much company at the moment in my support of Kosi, but you think Dawson and Armitage are in danger of missing round one?

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:KOSI
If fiora wasn't available then a lamp post would have sufficed...

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Superboot
SS Hall of Fame

Kosi loses his bearings at full forward. There's even more space on the wing, plus the ever present danger of a clash of heads.

DWOODROW
Club Player

We lost the NAB cup grand final. Everyone please get on another bandwagon team. Saints are going to finish with the wooden spoon this year. No one had a good night and the above players are hopeless.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:We lost the NAB cup grand final. Everyone please get on another bandwagon team. Saints are going to finish with the wooden spoon this year. No one had a good night and the above players are hopeless.
Are you channelling Plugger66?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

DWOODROW wrote:We lost the NAB cup grand final. Everyone please get on another bandwagon team. Saints are going to finish with the wooden spoon this year. No one had a good night and the above players are hopeless.
Too true. I actually find this site incredibly amusing at the moment. People please get a grip. It was a practise match!!!

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Justin Plapp board.

DWOODROW
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
Are you channelling Plugger66?
I missed most of the game on Saturday night but I really find it amusing even in the media that they are writing us off and that we have a big weakness. Players didn't fire on Saturday night. it happens. I bet you 100% throughout the year there are going to be other players who do the same but to say they are on the chopping board after 1 defeat before the season has even started is amusing in the least.
Last year we started off and blitzed everyone and and gradually got tired. I would much rather us take a more conservative approach this year, play some good constructive football and get all the game plans and approaches right and then be there at the end of the year raring to go.
It is a long season and I think some people need to realise that footy is a changing game. When Roo doesn't have a good game or isn't in the best every week we don't ask for him to change positions or ask for his head.
Most of us put it down to him having an off week and it wasn't his day. What is the difference between him and any other player in the competition( OK bad analogy. He is a champion and works his butt off regardless) but what I am saying is that if someone was playing unconsistent footy 3 weeks in a row then there would be a good reason to have a look at their output.
2 weeks against Sydney will be our first game of the season and I reckon that's when we start looking at how our teams performs.
I can't believe I wrote this much. I got a bit carried away, but I reckon there will be more to write about in the coming months.
Anyway go Sainters and lets get behind out boys.
I'm not having a go at the poster but just emphasising that 2010 starts on Mar 27th, my 30th birthday and I am looking forward to being awake by the time the game starts at 7.10pm.
Go Sainters.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Kosi probably didn't have the best month of footy, but when he was at his best last season it was taking the second best defender out of the goal square and making space for Riewoldt. He then took the odd pack mark when the ball bombed in and converts well.

For mine Rooey had a disappointing game on sat. he didn't convert his marks into goals and was playing in front with I think it was Dale Morris on him. He worked his ass off as usual but really could have lifted them over the line if he had converted a little better. Kosi took Lake out of the contest which is a good effort at the moment Lake is playing well at the moment.

Armo will look heaps better also with Lenny back in the team -its a big ask for a guy with so few games to take on the bulldog clearance machine on his own.

Dawson is not a grade A full back but the team defense is what made us so good last year. Fisher Blake and Raph all drop in front when needed and dont allow Dawson to be exposed one out too often.

One real positive is that the Saints won through to the grand final without looking like they were trying too hard. The only time during the NAB cup they looked on song in defense was when they changed the tempo against Sydney a couple of times. Dont panic yet they will work their way back into form.

It might be the wake up call they need.