Jesse W Smith - progress thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Jesse W Smith - progress thread

Ok - i feel the need to start looking towards the future and moving on from the past.

Is there anyone on this forum close enough to the club to keep us informed and keep us abreast of the progress made by JWS.

Maybe a monthly update on his re-hab?

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

I'm working with a bloke who used to work in the Kangas fitness department so I obviously asked him if he thought Jess will be able to get himself right.

His reponse was very positive & along the lines of "Laidley didn't give a rats about building young players up gradually with their fitness (especially letting their tendons & ligaments mature which allows the added bulk of muscle to be balanced), he just wanted them to play. Jesse was one of the young guys that built up muscle but had immature tendons to cope with the extra bulk."

He also said that their sports medical side of things was lacking terribly & that Misson is exactly what Jesse needs, a professional that is a leading mind in the field of elite athlete rehabilitation.

So in short, he's very confident that Jesse will be back playing at the highest level.

StNoodles
Club Player

Animal Enclosure wrote:I'm working with a bloke who used to work in the Kangas fitness department so I obviously asked him if he thought Jess will be able to get himself right.

His reponse was very positive & along the lines of "Laidley didn't give a rats about building young players up gradually with their fitness (especially letting their tendons & ligaments mature which allows the added bulk of muscle to be balanced), he just wanted them to play. Jesse was one of the young guys that built up muscle but had immature tendons to cope with the extra bulk."

He also said that their sports medical side of things was lacking terribly & that Misson is exactly what Jesse needs, a professional that is a leading mind in the field of elite athlete rehabilitation.

So in short, he's very confident that Jesse will be back playing at the highest level.

fantastic to hear! cheers animal

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

yeah cheers animal. just the kind of inside stuff that makes these forums worthwhile.

love to hear from anyone who gets inside training - is he running and kicking yet? or just swimming and weights still?

QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

Thanks Animal!! Great to hear that news. Jesse would really add something to our side if he got fully fit.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

This guy could really make an average draft period look at the least....moderate....IF we can get himright consistently.

Please let it be so..

“Yeah….nah””
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

From a friend who was involved with NOrth then St Kilda training on the GC, said that North was very unprofessional compared to us. So hopefully thats good news for Jesse.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

So noone has any updates on what he can/cant do? Are we looking at a vfl appearance in may or june? or will he just do rehab and strive for round 1 2011?

SaintHomer
Club Player

so with all due respect, no-one has any news (other than gossip and inuendo about the roos).

ace
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:I'm working with a bloke who used to work in the Kangas fitness department so I obviously asked him if he thought Jess will be able to get himself right.

I can well believe that Laidley was a neanderthal coach like GT - play through the pain son, be a man.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
Leo.J
SS Life Member

Any news apart from what BJ said the other day???

stinger
Saintsational Legend

not too good according to an article in inside footy on the players after the nab cup.......said under the heading struggling...that dispite the club talking up his rehab....he's still only jogging lsps and was a mile off playing football.....that his chances of getting back seem little better than six months ago.......

....still...he is one of my grandsons favorite footballer......so i wish him a speedy recovery....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Solar
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:not too good according to an article in inside footy on the players after the nab cup.......said under the heading struggling...that dispite the club talking up his rehab....he's still only jogging lsps and was a mile off playing football.....that his chances of getting back seem little better than six months ago.......

....still...he is one of my grandsons favorite footballer......so i wish him a speedy recovery....
who wrote the article? inside footy is iffy sometimes

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:not too good according to an article in inside footy on the players after the nab cup.......said under the heading struggling...that dispite the club talking up his rehab....he's still only jogging lsps and was a mile off playing football.....that his chances of getting back seem little better than six months ago.......

Thats in direct contrast to Goddards comments so Im hoping the Inside Footy is trash journo stuff?

“Yeah….nah””
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:

who wrote the article? inside footy is iffy sometimes

ben casanelia

Beekay
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:This guy could really make an average draft period look at the least....moderate....

wadja talkin bout bruz, nicky winmar will be dobbing bananas frew the big sticks from all corners in few years time.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Beekay wrote:
Teflon wrote:This guy could really make an average draft period look at the least....moderate....

wadja talkin bout bruz, nicky winmar will be dobbing bananas frew the big sticks from all corners in few years time.
is that Nick?

“Yeah….nah””
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Beekay wrote:

This hurts my eyes!!

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sp ... 5842562988
The Saints have also been buoyed by the progress of former North Melbourne defender Jesse Smith, who could resume in the VFL within two months.

Smith, 23, played just 27 games in five seasons at Arden Street because of injury.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
stinger
Saintsational Legend

look forward to seeing him do that.....but its only "could resume in two months"....

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Can we put Jesse on the LTIL and promote gaetner?

Bring Jesse back in June.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

in line with Saintsational 101....

"JESSE!"

ace
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:look forward to seeing him do that.....but its only "could resume in two months"....
That's could be AFL round 9 to play in the reserves (Sandringham).
Good chance he would be fully fit when the practice matches are over and the finals begin.

Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

ace wrote:
stinger wrote:look forward to seeing him do that.....but its only "could resume in two months"....
That's could be AFL round 9 to play in the reserves (Sandringham).
Good chance he would be fully fit when the practice matches are over and the finals begin.
But would Ross throw him straight into an elimination final or a game with a chance of a week off is he hasnt been tested in the regular season. We know how hard it was for players to get a spot in the team at the end of last season.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Griggsy wrote: We know how hard it was for players to get a spot in the team at the end of last season.

That was because Ball said he would cry if he wasn't allowed to play.
They knew his nickname was Bally so they gave him a place.