Lovett Why the Dons let him go ?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

aussiejones
Club Player

Lovett Why the Dons let him go ?

Lovett appears a great pick up ....but ..couldnt the Dons turn him around ?

What Exactly has he done wrong in the past ???????

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

15 other clubs are probably asking the same questions about Luke Ball :shock:

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Milan Faletic wrote:15 other clubs are probably asking the same questions about Luke Ball :shock:
That's for sure :shock:

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Didn't he want out last year, I am glad we picked him up and not Geelong 8-)

milney044
Club Player

When you don't get on with the coach and other head coaches at the club I think that plays a big part.
Welcome to the Saints Lovett, I hope you, Ross and the boys create something special.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
St Michele
Club Player

We have been at the receiving end of many players who were'let go' and most have shone for us. I have a good feeling that Lovett will be the same.

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
aussiejones
Club Player

Agree . I just think he is an amazing pick up ...I wanted to know if there was a downside that we are ignoring .

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Discipline reasons

It's been the papers in the last 2 years. Beat his g/f, drink driving, missing training etc etc.

Another opportunity awaits!
samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

He provided around 20 odd running possessions and a goal/match on average in 2009.

Hopefully he'll both conform(discipline-wise) and perform at St kilda... but the important thing and good news is (if you can call it that) even a non disciplined Lovett performs on the field going by the stats.

S.A Saint
Club Player

i couldn't care less what he does next year off field to be honest, as long as he helps us get that premiership then all is forgiven...

ThomasR
Club Player

Have heard that he and many of his teammates were not on speaking terms.. take that for what you will

stinger
Saintsational Legend

ThomasR wrote:Have heard that he and many of his teammates were not on speaking terms.. take that for what you will
his team mates voted him out last year....the club couldn't do the deal though.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
ace
Saintsational Legend

ThomasR wrote:Have heard that he and many of his teammates were not on speaking terms.. take that for what you will
Does not like talking to S--- & Dung players.
Seems like a good attribute to me.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
EB
Club Player

He wanted a bigger, more expansive (and expensive) contract than what the Bombers were willing to pay so they said bugger ya we'll piss you off to somewhere else

PJ
SS Life Member

He wanted a bigger, more expansive (and expensive) contract than what the Bombers were willing to pay so they said bugger ya we'll piss you off to somewhere else
Interesting! - Why has he taken less to be at St.Kilda then?

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
milney044
Club Player

I've said it before and i'll say it again. When you don't get on with the head coach and others it makes it hard to stick around. Just look at the Best and Fairest results for a hint. Tell me how exactly Lovett, Essendon's 2nd best player imo and definitely top 5, did not finish top 10 in Essendon's Best and Fairest. We all know who does the voting.

Anyway, it suits us and it's a nice fresh start. Welcome to the Saints.

EB
Club Player

PJ wrote:
Interesting! - Why has he taken less to be at St.Kilda then?
Closer to a premiership.
Is he on 3 years at the Saints? Think Essendon offered him just the 2

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

milney044 wrote:I've said it before and i'll say it again. When you don't get on with the head coach and others it makes it hard to stick around. Just look at the Best and Fairest results for a hint. Tell me how exactly Lovett, Essendon's 2nd best player imo and definitely top 5, did not finish top 10 in Essendon's Best and Fairest. We all know who does the voting.

Because unlike us they see the game through 2 eyes but once we recruit a guy we want them to see it through our eyes. Obviously he is now a top 5 player for the Dons. 4 weeks a go he was an overrated player. If we keep Bally he is a great player and if we lose him, which we will, he is finished as a footballer.

milney044
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
milney044 wrote:I've said it before and i'll say it again. When you don't get on with the head coach and others it makes it hard to stick around. Just look at the Best and Fairest results for a hint. Tell me how exactly Lovett, Essendon's 2nd best player imo and definitely top 5, did not finish top 10 in Essendon's Best and Fairest. We all know who does the voting.

Because unlike us they see the game through 2 eyes but once we recruit a guy we want them to see it through our eyes. Obviously he is now a top 5 player for the Dons. 4 weeks a go he was an overrated player. If we keep Bally he is a great player and if we lose him, which we will, he is finished as a footballer.
Nope, i have always rated Lovett highly. In fact i had him in my All Australian side as a smokey. I believe he is certainly top 5 at the Bombers regardless of whether we picked him up or not.
I don't really know what Ball has to do with it but whether we keep him or not i do value him, not in our top 5 but in our starting 22 for sure.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

i am genuinely excited about lovett. this is a good time to be a saints fan.

im expecting some seriously high class footy next year. we will be pretty much the same team but with added leg speed which we lacked and added depth which we lacked (but got away with because of a good run of injuries)

PJ
SS Life Member

A truer statement has never been made. It's astounding how some have jumped on Bally - yes he's looking after no. 1 but he's a professional and the St.Kilda football club is a professional organisation. Supporters want their heroes to bleed red, white and black but that is just pure romance. He (Lovett) is now an employee of the St.Kilda FC and whether or not he bonds with the players is only important if it affects his performance on field.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
StSteven
Club Player

Gain Lovett, lose Ball. At least a big loss of "class and character" for us. I don't like it

ace
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:i am genuinely excited about lovett. this is a good time to be a saints fan.

im expecting some seriously high class footy next year. we will be pretty much the same team but with added leg speed which we lacked and added depth which we lacked (but got away with because of a good run of injuries)
I see Andrew Lovett providing what Xavier Clarke promised for so long but never delivered.

I also see Xavier Clarke having to deliver on his promise to Brisbane or Michael voss will quickly exterminate X's career.
Voss has already turned over a full one third of all players at Brisbane at his first real opportunity.
Unlike at St Kilda, X can expect absolutely no sympathy for injuries from Voss.
His job is to make Voss look good, it all about Voss at Brisbane and Voss is in a hurry.

Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:i am genuinely excited about lovett. this is a good time to be a saints fan.

I see Andrew Lovett providing what Xavier Clarke promised for so long but never delivered.

I also see Xavier Clarke having to deliver on his promise to Brisbane or Michael voss will quickly exterminate X's career.
Voss has already turned over a full one third of all players at Brisbane at his first real opportunity.
Unlike at St Kilda, X can expect absolutely no sympathy for injuries from Voss.
His job is to make Voss look good, it all about Voss at Brisbane and Voss is in a hurry.
And there is something wrong with that is there?

ace
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

I see you starting to identify the traits that make a fan.
We may yet succeed in turning you into a St Kilda fan, Plugger66.