forum footy ??

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jmcp
Club Player

saintdooley wrote:parko i can have a chat to the pies and see if they are interested in a round-robin or even as you said maybe we play a game against the pies first while dees and blues play, and we meet the dees later in the year?

i dont think you made it earlier on this year to vic park where we played the pies. it was really amazing playing on that ground, and i know they are all feral their supporters but they treated us very well come food and drinks. they got access to the kitchen and had the freezers/fridges/bbq's etc all going. i broke my thumb in 2 places and their support was amazing, the first aid kit and everything...ice, bandages..you name it they had it! would love to be able to play them there again. playing on vic park didnt mean too much to me as i never saw a game there, but im sure it would to a few of our guys and most of theirs!
lol, i suggested the round robin between the four forums (even inviting puntroadend) on talking carlton. i'll put something on nick's but i can't organise anything from way over here. i think gosch's paddock is a no go but vic park might be available again; would need to speak to shane.

http://magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=53603

rollinson 65
Club Player

November 8 shaping up well for us dees...

any news over here ??

regards,

rollo :twisted: :twisted:

HarveysDeciple

rollinson 65 wrote:November 8 shaping up well for us dees...

any news over here ??

regards,

will keep you posted.

People's thoughts?

round robin or straight up game?

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

November 8th suits me fine as well...

Will have finished exams and be raring for another kick!

The Saints are coming!
ThePunter
Club Player

I have no preference as to round robin or one off.

EB
Club Player

Yeah I don't have a preference either.

Though the round robin reminds me a bit of high school!

Ilzy#8
Club Player

Didn't get a chance to run around last year so hopefully count me in this time round! :wink:

#13 BALLBANDWAGON Member

" You don't lose a game, you just run out of time to score "
HarveysDeciple

Im leaning towards trying to tee the Pies up for the 8th through Dooley, then playing the dees a few weeks later, and blues early in new year.

How does that sit with everyone?

Gardiner_#1_fan
Club Player

HarveysDeciple wrote:Im leaning towards trying to tee the Pies up for the 8th through Dooley, then playing the dees a few weeks later, and blues early in new year.

fine with me

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Gardiner_#1_fan wrote:
HarveysDeciple wrote:Im leaning towards trying to tee the Pies up for the 8th through Dooley, then playing the dees a few weeks later, and blues early in new year.

fine with me
likewise

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
HarveysDeciple

saintdooley wrote:
Gardiner_#1_fan wrote:

fine with me
likewise
over to you dools.

Oh and rollo, how does November 29 sound for a clash with your mob?

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

HarveysDeciple wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
Gardiner_#1_fan wrote:

fine with me
likewise
over to you dools.

confirmed HD?
should i jump on their forum tonight and start things or wait for Rollo's reply?

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
jmcp
Club Player

saintdooley wrote:
HarveysDeciple wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
Gardiner_#1_fan wrote:

fine with me
likewise
over to you dools.

confirmed HD?
should i jump on their forum tonight and start things or wait for Rollo's reply?
head over to our forum and fire up the masses mr dooley. there is quite a few keen, they just need confirmation of a date.

HarveysDeciple

saintdooley wrote:
HarveysDeciple wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
Gardiner_#1_fan wrote:

fine with me
likewise
over to you dools.

confirmed HD?
Yep go for it.

The Dees and Blues are available on that day, so they can take each other on. Im sure Rollo is cool with it. If not, I'll know soon enough.

HarveysDeciple

bump.

You cool with this rollo?

EB
Club Player

HD, I've asked the Bomberblitz boys (and girls) whether they'd be interested and I'll give you the number next Friday.
Any less than 25 I wouldn't bother though going by what happened last year!

rollinson 65
Club Player

HarveysDeciple wrote:bump.

no, hd...

there is overwhelming support on all sites for a round robin on november 8...

involving saintsational, pies, blues and dees...

can we discuss your opposition to this or is your mind made up?

look, your objections may convince me, but until I know what they are, I cannot comment or pass them on to my people...

we cannot raise a team on the later date you have suggested in november because of school exams, but if the round robin can't happen, we would be looking forward to february 2010...

regards,

HarveysDeciple

rollinson 65 wrote:

no, hd...

look, your objections may convince me, but until I know what they are, I cannot comment or pass them on to my people...

we cannot raise a team on the later date you have suggested in november because of school exams, but if the round robin can't happen, we would be looking forward to february 2010...

regards,

If enough people are interested then ok, but it seemed 50/50 on here....from limited replies, dooley what is the Pies preference?

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

HarveysDeciple wrote:
rollinson 65 wrote:

no, hd...

regards,

If enough people are interested then ok, but it seemed 50/50 on here....from limited replies, dooley what is the Pies preference?
about 60/40, round-robin way.

i just really dont know, i would much rather play 4 full quarters againts the 1 team per month, but if people want to give this a try well we might as well

HarveysDeciple

My theory was that it might be easier, potentially teams would sit out 2 consecutive games with a 4 team round robin, which would be an hour.

Blues vs Pies
Dees vs Saints
Blues vs Saints
Dees vs Pies
Pies vs Saints
Dees vs Blues.

For example Pies miss 2 games in a row, then the blues do.

Would people be cool with that, plus that's 6 30 minute games, with 10 minute change, so becomes a 4 hour day.

Would that be cool with everyone?

Im fine with it, but what do you reckon?

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

ok by me i guess, but 4 hours is a bloody long time lol. might have to push the start time too 12.30 not 2

HarveysDeciple

saintdooley wrote:ok by me i guess, but 4 hours is a bloody long time lol. might have to push the start time too 12.30 not 2
Would definitely need to be 12:30.

1 at the latest.

rollinson 65
Club Player

the talkingcarlton guys have made me see sense here...

we need to have time for the social part, to involve the wives/girlfriends/supporters...eating/drinking/talking with footy freaks from the other clubs...

suppose we draw for positions and it works out...

dees v blues 12pm

saints v pies 12.40pm

losers play 1.20pm

winners play 2pm

social BBQ etc starts 2pm for players/supporters of losing teams, joined later by players/supporters of winning teams...

it's manageable...

each team must miss out playing one of the opposition teams, but they can then be preferred priority team for february...

let's listen to our players wishes here...

regards,

HarveysDeciple

rollinson 65 wrote:the talkingcarlton guys have made me see sense here...

we need to have time for the social part, to involve the wives/girlfriends/supporters...eating/drinking/talking with footy freaks from the other clubs...

suppose we draw for positions and it works out...

dees v blues 12pm

saints v pies 12.40pm

losers play 1.20pm

winners play 2pm

social BBQ etc starts 2pm for players/supporters of losing teams, joined later by players/supporters of winning teams...

it's manageable...

each team must miss out playing one of the opposition teams, but they can then be preferred priority team for february...

let's listen to our players wishes here...

regards,

I reckon if we play 4 games, we make them 2 20 minute harves, thus everyone plays 4 20 minute quarters as per normal game?

Thus we play the same amount of footy we normally would?

How does that sound.

12pm - game 1

12:50pm - game 2

1:40 pm - game 3

2:30 pm - game 4.

rollinson 65
Club Player

happy with this, hd...

will run it by the blues...

we need a venue, and someone to talk to at nick's collingwood site...

regards,