Rumour trade

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintdavies

Rumour trade

Heard a rumor from inside st kilda that the saints are talking with West Coast to trade Luke Ball for Kerr. What do you guys think? Personally i would keep Ball, hope its not true though :evil:

Mooksy
Club Player

Give it a spell. How on earth does West Coast get anywhere near a win on this?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rumour trade

saintdavies wrote:Heard a rumor from inside st kilda that the saints are talking with West Coast to trade Luke Ball for Kerr. What do you guys think? Personally i would keep Ball, hope its not true though :evil:
I hope not! Are we now the AFL bad boys naughty corner?

saintdavies

Re: Rumour trade

SainterK wrote:
saintdavies wrote:Heard a rumor from inside st kilda that the saints are talking with West Coast to trade Luke Ball for Kerr. What do you guys think? Personally i would keep Ball, hope its not true though :evil:
I hope not! Are we now the AFL bad boys naughty corner?
:P Seems so now.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

I think you need to stop having spicy pizza before bed....the stupid hallucinations will go away then

Seriously, why do people we NEVER see around here during the regular season (even in a year we make the GF) suddenly turn up in off-season and spout all these fanciful rumours?? :roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Sobraz
SS Life Member

Nah, as we have all agreed we need a third tall forward...

What would we need to give WC to get Peter Sumich, or maybe even Troy Wilson.... Both good options and can kick goals...

Mooksy
Club Player

saint66au wrote:I think you need to stop having spicy pizza before bed....the stupid hallucinations will go away then

Seriously, why do people we NEVER see around here during the regular season (even in a year we make the GF) suddenly turn up in off-season and spout all these fanciful rumours?? :roll:
Totally agree with you there! Talkback callers the same. I swear some people live for this trade period. Frustrated recruiting officers....or these days I suppose it's frustrated list management.....

flyingwhale18
Club Player

Luke Ball was offered a new contract, dont know if he has signed yet, it hasnt been reported if he has.
but wouldnt that mean, he is off trade lists? and they wouldnt be making or offering a trade, involving a player that was just offered a new contract.

team: oh when the saints!
milne: oh when the saints...
team: go marching in!
milne: GO MARCHING IN!
saintdavies

saint66au wrote:I think you need to stop having spicy pizza before bed....the stupid hallucinations will go away then

Been here all season just never made an account, thats why. Now that i have something to post i do, don't have a sook just because you don't agree with the rumor.

DownAtTheJunction
Club Player

Agree 100% saintdavies. I wasn't aware that a member had to be a regular poster to gain acceptance. But I have noticed some regular posters who like to snipe those who haven't written many messages. I for one enjoy reading messages by new posters

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Pull that trade off and itd be a miracle.

But no, West Coast aint letting a genuine top 10 AFL mid go for Ball Im afraid - Kerrs a game breaker. Luke a very good in and under. Cant see the balance in that.

“Yeah….nah””
saintdavies

Teflon wrote:Pull that trade off and itd be a miracle.

But no, West Coast aint letting a genuine top 10 AFL mid go for Ball Im afraid - Kerrs a game breaker. Luke a very good in and under. Cant see the balance in that.
Kerr has been wanting to leave west coast for a while so that may go in our favor, but i agree, doubt it's going to happen.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

flyingwhale18 wrote:Luke Ball was offered a new contract, dont know if he has signed yet, it hasnt been reported if he has.
but wouldnt that mean, he is off trade lists? and they wouldnt be making or offering a trade, involving a player that was just offered a new contract.
Until Luke signs all avenues are open to him.

The offer the Saints have made would be for a lot, and I mean a lot, less than his last contract. Up to Luke to decide if he should stay or go.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
saintjake
Club Player

would never happen
but! 8-) would happily take it if it was true :lol:

xander
Club Player

Didn't we hear this mid season as well?
And something about Dal Santo for kerr last year.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Mooksy wrote:

Totally agree with you there! Talkback callers the same. I swear some people live for this trade period. Frustrated recruiting officers....or these days I suppose it's frustrated list management.....
If they throw enough darts, one of them might hit the target and they are an instant hero.

Good on them. :roll:

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
ace
Saintsational Legend

flyingwhale18 wrote:Luke Ball was offered a new contract, dont know if he has signed yet, it hasnt been reported if he has.
If he doesn't sign it, he is tradeable.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
ace
Saintsational Legend

I heard a rumour that St Kilda has offerred Geelong 20 woodens spoons for one premiership cup and flag.
Geelong said they hadn't expected the offer but would give it all the consideration it deserved.
Last edited by ace on Sat 03 Oct 2009 2:02am, edited 1 time in total.

Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

thirty-seven!?
Club Player

This is today's Herald Sun:

ST KILDA has emerged as an official bidder for Shaun Burgoyne, the Port Adelaide midfielder who has nominated Hawthorn as his preferred destination.

The Saints are believed to have offered their first national draft pick, No. 16, and Luke Ball, to the Power in the hope of out-bidding Hawthorn, which is reluctant to add a quality player to its on-the-table offer to the Power of draft pick No. 9.

The Saints' offer is almost certain to be knocked back.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/p ... 5782324014

I hope this is untrue - i do not see the worth in that trade...

ace
Saintsational Legend

thirty-seven!? wrote:This is today's Herald Sun:

ST KILDA has emerged as an official bidder for Shaun Burgoyne, the Port Adelaide midfielder who has nominated Hawthorn as his preferred destination.

The Saints are believed to have offered their first national draft pick, No. 16, and Luke Ball, to the Power in the hope of out-bidding Hawthorn, which is reluctant to add a quality player to its on-the-table offer to the Power of draft pick No. 9.

The Saints' offer is almost certain to be knocked back.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/p ... 5782324014

I hope this is untrue - i do not see the worth in that trade...

Just the club letting Luke know that all he can expect in front of his annual salary is a 1 instead of a 6.
Sign the contract in front of you or you will be playing for Port Adelaide, Luke.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

My deeply considered opinion? This is just another bit of Newscorp nonsense. The Boss was more than satisfied with Bally - the only sticking point is whether he will cop a cut from $600K P.A. to around $400K P.A. Anbd, why wouldn't he?

Who else is going to pay him shyteloads?

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
ace
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:My deeply considered opinion? This is just another bit of Newscorp nonsense. The Boss was more than satisfied with Bally - the only sticking point is whether he will cop a cut from $600K P.A. to around $400K P.A. Anbd, why wouldn't he?

Who else is going to pay him shyteloads?
$400,000 to warm the bench while there are 18 other fit guys playing their guts out on the field!
He must have some pretty big dirt on those in power at the club.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Ah, you're kidding, right, Ace? How'd he go last week (just a minor contest)? The man in charge has even admitted he underused him - sub 50%, yet 20+ touches, and worked his arse off.

I doubt we'll make many changes. If we were to shift Bally on, who's going to help Lendog in and under? It's the same argumant with Goose - we might as well give him a chance next year, because if Zac blows up we have no big key defenders.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
alex101
Club Player

More on Ball:
ESSENDON has emerged as a potential new home for Luke Ball as the decorated St Kilda mid-fielder continues to consider his future.

The Dons approached St Kilda about Ball this week, while officials from both clubs were in Canberra for the AFL draft camp, and also raised the idea of a deal with Andrew Lovett.

It is understood he remains torn between his loyalty to St Kilda and the temptation to earn more game time and money elsewhere. He received St Kilda's offer months ago but to date has remained non-committal.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...012432,00.html

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/st ... 32,00.html

Previous link didn't work

Would like to see him stay but Lovett is the player we need

Another opportunity awaits!