Today has been worse!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Today has been worse!

Is it just me,or was today worse for anyone else?

I'll admit I had quite a lot of beers saturday,before/during/after the game. Think it hid a lot of the pain. I didn't get home til yesterday arvo,then I slept a lot.
However today,the reality of it all has hit me. I probably should ban myself from visiting here for a few months,as I'm not sure it's helping reading everything,not sure I have the will power to stay away though.

This is disgusting!!!
Last edited by jonesy on Tue 29 Sep 2009 1:20am, edited 1 time in total.

Bring back the Lockett era
matrix
Saintsational Legend

i had a good day

i went to moorabbin with a mate, had a look around and took some photos 8-)

Voyager
Club Player

Re: Today has been worse!

jonesy wrote:Is it just me,or was today worse for anyone else?

I'll admit I had quite a lot of beers saturday,before/during/after the game. Think it hid a lot of the pain. I didn't get home til yesterday arvo,then I slept a lot.
However today,the reality of it all has hit me. I probably should ban myself from visiting her for a few months,as i'm not sure it's helping reading everything,not sure i have the will power to stay away though.

This is disgusting!!!
Yeah this is the impression I had too, just the fact of being on the train to work, passing by the G, and the fact of talking to my colleagues this morning...however, yesterday was pretty hard too on the way to Etihad and being there as well. I think it just was a reality check, that it wasn't a dream and that it was real. Today I just wanted to be with the St Kilda Family as it was where I felt ok.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

I had the night from hell on Saturday - turned on a big Fev hissy fit. :oops:

Yesterday was seedy and sheepish, but well worth going to Etihad.

Today I had worse news which put football back into perspective I guess.

Unfortunately there always seems to be a darker cloud out there at the moment, and I guess this is only football even though it still hurts.

I go back to work in two weeks from today, and so far have had only decent messages from my Cat co-workers.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Much better for me I have to say. Saturday night was tough. Sunday equally so. Had to sleep with the tele on on Saturday night because every time there was quiet I would close my eyes and my mind would replay certain moments of the game. I was like a scared 8 year old wanting to sleep with the light on because I was afraid of ghosts FFS

The toughest thing I had to do today was turn on my phone for the first time since 2pm on Saturday.

About 30 messages came through and I thought, "here we go..."

All messages containing condolences except one from a number I didn't have stored on my phone which read, "just to let you know, it's OK for a grown man to cry"

LOL I saw the funny side of it.

My closest mates know not to take the piss. My oldest mate who I've known since grade prep and I had a bit of a falling out one night after a pretty heated discussion on AFL.

We sorted it out and we now have a mutual understanding in situations like these.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

OLB wrote:every time there was quiet I would close my eyes and my mind would replay certain moments of the game.
Im still doing this. You realise its only a game of footy FFS but just being so close......I can actually picture Lenny holding the cup with Roo......and Geelong players in dispair....or the final moment where Dawson's spoil breaks through to a Riewoldt mark on the goal line for a win....

Ive got other things to do...but f@rk I just can't shake the feeling of dissapointment. The worry of "what if we DONT get back next year".........what happens if its like 98 (where Harvs said they thought theyd just win it a year later...). The frustration of hearing how the Cats "planned" their season to perfection (yet were smashed in all aspects of a game bar 1 - kicking for goal)....what a plan...

The reality is my biggest concern next year - sides like Dogs...who SHOULD have beaten both Cats and us IMHO......but again poor kicking...

I'll never forget sitting numb in the stands surrounded by rejoicing Geelong fans and wondering "will this ever be us?"

“Yeah….nah””
Jewellzy
Club Player

Today has been worse.

The only thing that will shake off this feeling is 362 days away. That's too long to wait.

On top of that, the Phoenix Suns aren't a contender in the NBA for the first time in 5 years.

The Phoenix Suns and St.Kilda Saints should have at least 5 championships between them since their sudden surge to elite status in 2004.

Actual championships: 0
gringo
Saintsational Legend

My whole week since has been like a hang over. I keep having painful flashbacks and I don't want to see anyone.

People keep not mentioning it and looking at their feet when they do talk to me- it feels like a terminal illness.

Bring on the next season please.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Today is not much better. A little time has elapsed but it still hurts like hell.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

im over it...
its done, happened, i grieved straight after the game and after a few yells of "f***" as a collective group at the pub i have put it to rest.
to taste ultimate success and to really appreciate it you have to have been at the lowest of lows.

and around we go again....... 8-)

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

matrixcutter wrote:im over it...
to taste ultimate success and to really appreciate it you have to have been at the lowest of lows.
Judging by the emotions of the devout on this forum, we have certainly felt the lowest of lows, along with our playing group, so we should be a shoe-in for next year... :D

I must say, I actually woke up this morning and for the first time since the game, I didn't automatically think about the loss. Sun is out, it is a new day and it is time to refocus on next season.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

All I can say about today is:

Where the F*** was the sun on Saturday?? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

older saint
SS Life Member

I wasn't too bad Sat night
Today and yesterday was worse . I keep thinking about Schnieders miss', Milnes miss', McQualter, Dempster etc.. If only Dawsons punch went 2 metres further etc etc.

i needto let it go

spert
Saintsational Legend

It wont go away quickly this feeling of disappointment..there's no solution unfortunately, no excuses -especially this season when we should have just gone on with the job after setting huge standards, and what's even worse is the fact that we were in front into the last quarter and we normally win from that situation. Our first goal-less final quarter this year! It just should have happened..maybe a couple of players were thinking like that too. This is worse than '97. I think a couple of heads will roll as revenge by RL and I expect a ruthless 2010, so that's what will keep my head up.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

I just keep wanting time to go quicker and hope that in a months time I can completly block it out. It is made worse by the fact that we should have won

Hurry up summer and holidays

I love this club
daldal

I am only new to all this but this site has got me thru the last few days just to know how others feel. I feel better today and the anger has subsided. That came from the fact that I actually cannot control what happened and I tried not to expect too much. We were prime , but it's over now. As I took down the streamers from my house this morning after a walk in the fresh air I thought to myself - Winter is about footy and I love it and I am a suppporter of a great team. Go for a run guys, belt a boxing bag and get it out as holding onto it does ya no good.
They did good in 09 , better than 08. Just think they have a month or so off and they are back into the eating and training regimes and you better believe that there is unfinished business, look out.... :wink:

we shall rise again....
daldal

read this.... we can all learn somethinghttp://www.thedailymind.com/success/the-excuse ... h-excuses/

we shall rise again....
Juggernaut
Club Player

I'm still having trouble getting the cats theme song out of my head
after hearing their theme song over and over again at the end of the game.
woke up sunday moring in a cold sweat with it still ringing in my ears
even typing this i'm still hearing it
how can i make it stop!!!!!!!

The strength behind you is always greater than the challenge in front of you
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

daldal wrote:I am only new to all this but this site has got me thru the last few days just to know how others feel. I feel better today and the anger has subsided. That came from the fact that I actually cannot control what happened and I tried not to expect too much. We were prime , but it's over now. As I took down the streamers from my house this morning after a walk in the fresh air I thought to myself - Winter is about footy and I love it and I am a suppporter of a great team. Go for a run guys, belt a boxing bag and get it out as holding onto it does ya no good.
They did good in 09 , better than 08. Just think they have a month or so off and they are back into the eating and training regimes and you better believe that there is unfinished business, look out.... :wink:

I took that same view, cant control it and I thought I had it all under control and would be able to just walk away from it, but no, I am shattered and trying to forget it. Ah well, time to catch a tram to the beach in my lunch hour

I love this club
daldal

Ya know there is an ol saying " always have something to look forward to" . That was it for me for that end of year pinnacle and it did not happen.
So to help myself get over it I have looked fwd to what is ahead for me and the family and we have a holiday booked. Ripper!
Find that something to look forward to, buy it, drink it, eat it , have it , spoil yourself and time will do the rest!
We can do this guys.......

we shall rise again....
Badlands
Club Player

OLB wrote:
The toughest thing I had to do today was turn on my phone for the first time since 2pm on Saturday.

About 30 messages came through and I thought, "here we go..."

All messages containing condolences except one from a number I didn't have stored on my phone which read, "just to let you know, it's OK for a grown man to cry"

LOL I saw the funny side of it.
I also got a flurry of text messages / phone calls on the full time siren that I simply did not want to know about at the time. But upon reflection they were all very respectful and apologetic, even from a cats fan, who sent:

"Mate, I know how much it sucks to get messages on GF day, so i will try not to be a pr!ck. Congrats on a great year and best of luck for 2010. You should be proud of those guys - especially Lenny Hayes. He had a huge game."

And this one: "The saints can hold their heads up. Vindication will surely come next year".

And this one from a girl who comes to the footy with me when I'm down in Melbourne made me laugh (poor BJ!):
"I'm so sorry they didn't win. ****ing cats. Alcohol is comforting. And at least you haven't got your nose taped to your head."

"I'm in the middle of a long conversation with my audience. It'll be a lifelong journey for both of us by the time we're done." - Bruce Springsteen.
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Actually Sunday/ Monday morning worse, ended up with food poisioning and been home off work since then.
Lose a Grand Final, then spend the following night laughing at the toilet, losing the Grand Final was still worse.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

daldal wrote:Ya know there is an ol saying " always have something to look forward to" . That was it for me for that end of year pinnacle and it did not happen.
So to help myself get over it I have looked fwd to what is ahead for me and the family and we have a holiday booked. Ripper!
Find that something to look forward to, buy it, drink it, eat it , have it , spoil yourself and time will do the rest!
We can do this guys.......
Thats actually very good advice...

I dont follow the cricket - gave up when the pin up boys from NSW took over the team.....Im looking forward to getting down to the beach in summer in my budgy smugglers showing off my 120kg lilly white frame - cant wait!!! whose with me...?

“Yeah….nah””
matrix
Saintsational Legend

im straight into the NBL
going sat nite
thatll end just about the right time for footy to kick in too

daldal

hey 3 rd gen was that the pie you ate?

we shall rise again....